i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   ***bam 11 carshow*** (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/%2A%2A%2Abam-11-carshow%2A%2A%2A-232483/)

tecnica tech 06-27-2011 03:03 PM

***bam 11 carshow***

[B]Car Show Selection[/B]

Selections for the show as in years past: There will be a nomination online. However, this will not guarantee a win, only entry in to the car show.[B] You are not allowed to nominate yourself[/B]. In order to be eligible for the car show, you must be nominated by at least 3 other members. Following the nomination stage, there will be a public vote. The top 2 from each category will be invited to show their car at BAM. If any person can not attend or does not want to show their car, their space will be made available for purchase. [B]There will also be a limited # of spaces available for people to purchase a spot in the car show if they were not nominated and want to show there car or did not make the cut.[COLOR="Red"] These spaces will be first come, first serve and are available now on[/COLOR] [url]http://www.bayareameet.com/[/url][/B] Judges will then vote on the cars at the show for the winners of each category, as well as the public for “People’s Choice” award. All contestants must provide a mod list, a pic of the vehicle (in hi-res, if possible), their full name, screen name and street address. Entrance in to the car show will be $20 (for people who have already bought a ticket to BAM), $35 (includes a single BAM ticket) or $50 (includes 2 BAM tickets). You will also receive premium parking at the event and some other surprises are in the works. All of the proceeds left over after the cost of prizes and trophies will go to Japan.Winners of the car show will receive a prize as well as a trophy in these categories.

Best in show (this will receive an additional prize and all winners are automatically entered )
Best GC 93-01
Best bug eye 02-03
Best blob eye 04-05
Best hawk eye 06-07
Best 08+ hatch/ sedan
Best wagon
Best legacy
Best forester
Vendors pick
People’s Choice
Best vendor car (show cars and sponsored people)
[B][COLOR="Red"]FINE PRINT-the vendor category is for shop cars or people with sponsors don’t think we the judges don’t know who you are. The judges reserve the right to move a car to a different category of there choice at any time if we feel it falls out of that category or dose not meet that category.[/COLOR][/B]

the flowing will only receive a trophy and are not categories

Best sleeper
Show queen
Best daily driver
Dirtiest car most in need of a wash
Hella not functional(hella flush way too low)
Hella functional
Most in need of mods
Best female
[B]nominations start now and will close on July 10th, voting will start on July 11th and close July25th[/B] good luck to every one and lets make this a great show

xhengmanx 06-27-2011 03:07 PM

man thats alot of categories! hopefully i get nominated

ill add the missing as soon as i find a nice looking car. Do we nominate people in the categories for the trophy also?

Best GC 93-01 - Joltdudeuc
Best bug eye 02-03 - peterislazy
Best blob eye 04-05 - Ry's shagnwagon
Best hawk eye 06-07 - RisingSunsSTI
Best 08+ hatch/ sedan - MrVinh123
Best wagon - Ry's shagnwagon
Best legacy - enkeiandmore
Best forester
Vendors pick
People’s Choice

[IMG]http://images.247media.org/Cars/Blox-Open-House-2011/i-dxQXsW8/0/L/IMG3685-20-L.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://images.247media.org/Cars/Blox-Open-House-2011/i-np5WNbR/0/L/IMG3640-2-L.jpg[/IMG]

ry's_shagnwagon 06-27-2011 03:12 PM

ill nominate you if you nominate me^

peterislazy 06-27-2011 03:13 PM

I nominate

Best GC 93-01 - MonsterGC?
Best bug eye 02-03 - Dannyowaycandriftalldayandnotcrash?
Best blob eye 04-05 - xhengmanx
Best hawk eye 06-07 - CornFed
Best 08+ hatch/sedan - IzzyIDK? If he miraculously comes up with a nice set of wheels
Best wagon - ry's shagnwagon
Best legacy -
Best forester -

tecnica tech 06-27-2011 03:15 PM

i only added 2 categories more then last year and if you dont make the cut you can always enter your car for a small fee and for go the nomination bs

stupidchicken03 06-27-2011 03:15 PM

contestants have to post up their full name/address in here? Or PM it to you? :confused:

tecnica tech 06-27-2011 03:17 PM

ill pm the winners after voting for info if you are entering the show you have to fill it in when you pay

stupidchicken03 06-27-2011 03:19 PM

Gotcha :)

dub599 06-27-2011 03:22 PM

i thought this was supposed to be a big meet/show. now its being limited to 2 cars per category + an unknown of limited extra spaces. am i misunderstanding something?

Heedz 06-27-2011 03:28 PM

Matt two per category is pretty small. To be honest. Coming from an owner even of a small community

Roo 06-27-2011 03:32 PM

We have parking space for a maximum of 50 cars total. We have to share the space with the rollover simulator that's coming down...

dub599 06-27-2011 03:37 PM

50 cars total, it sounds like the real car show will be in the parking lot. heck the concord caravan to BAM sounds like it will have more than 50 cars lol

Roo 06-27-2011 03:48 PM

[QUOTE=dub599;3088616]50 cars total, it sounds like the real car show will be in the parking lot. heck the concord caravan to BAM sounds like it will have more than 50 cars lol[/QUOTE]

ROFL - unless they're all paying at the door ($20 vs. $15 in advance), I don't see the number of ticket sales to support your claim. :cool:

OneManArmy 06-27-2011 04:06 PM

[QUOTE=Roo;3088613]We have parking space for a maximum of 50 cars total. We have to share the space with the rollover simulator that's coming down...[/QUOTE]

Just throwing ideas since people are complaining.

If there are 50 slots then you should have space for more cars per...

Best in show (this will receive an additional prize and all winners are automatically entered ).... No extra slots alloted
Best GC 93-01.... 5
Best bug eye 02-03.... 5
Best blob eye 04-05..... 5
Best hawk eye 06-07..... 5
Best 08+ hatch/ sedan.... 5
Best wagon.... 5
Best legacy..... 5
Best forester.... 5
Vendors pick... No extra slots alloted
People’s Choice.... No extra slots alloted
Best vendor car (show cars and sponsored people).... No extra slots alloted.,

So even at 5 per you're only at 40 cars. And there can be some shuffling in there so the more nominations a particular category gets gets a few more slots. Like you might not need 5 legacy slots.

I guess if the vendors wanted to nominate a special car that doesn't make the cut you'd need an extra slot for that car. Etc.

50 is a lot of cars for the show. In years passed we haven't had this many so I don't know what people are complaining about.

If you have say... 3 hatches. 3 legacy's. You could probably have 10 bugeyes. That's a lot.

So I think you're fine with 50 slots.

I guess since Jeff is still in town I'll nominate Jeff's Legacy Wagon (IPOZESTU) in Legacy and wagon. LOL! Gagan's GC8. Lil Jeff's GC8. International B for bugeye.

G_Ride 06-27-2011 04:10 PM

Just thinking off the top of my head:

Best GC - Gagan
Best bugeye - Aaron

I also nominate Jen's car (Gibz)...for something....