Aftermarket Forced Induction - Turboed factory NA engines Turbo EJ25! Who said that all Subarus are created equal? Aftermarket turbochargers on factory normally-aspirated engines (factory turbo engines have their own forums).

what turbo to use? dsm or stock?

Old 10-19-2005, 12:14 AM

Car Info: 1995 legacy/w e2.0
what turbo to use? dsm or stock?

i bought a ej20tt engine for my 95 legacy and am very aware of the "difficulties" in instal but i wil persavere by changing it to a single turbo design. i already have a ej2.0t jdm in my car now. i was thinking 2 things
1. Change over the turbo setup on one engine to another in essense getting rid of a twin setup they do it all the time w supras and junk.the setup on the original jdm ej20t is 12 pounds of boost at lo ans 15 at hi making 211 hp. th estock turbo runs 7 pounds. i have been assured that i can "run 17's psi all day long" i have a greddy boost,safc2 fuel cut and a wms o2 sesnor. plus a bosch ful pump. i have been actually havign to cut back my fuel. wierd huh? i have a post abou tit in the conversion section.

or i was thinking about slappig a good reliable dsm turbo on there all my buddies run talons eclipses what ever. but there turbo stuff is cheap! 500 bucks or so for a turbo ain't bad. what are my pros and cons? i only want to run 276 hp . nothign fancy.
will dsm turbos fit? assume a shop can fabricate some sort of connection. if we can get to the moon this can't be too hard.

"not to be a jerk bu ti don't want to hear about wiring harness this or that unless it is absoutly nessacary." i know i am interested in the turbo aspects of teh job now. has any body ever made a ejtt to a ejt? and how so,what turbo

her is my other post if it helps or not.
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...74#post1240474

Last edited by generalt; 10-19-2005 at 12:17 AM.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Black WRX STI
Originally Posted by generalt
i bought a ej20tt engine for my 95 legacy and am very aware of the "difficulties" in instal but i wil persavere by changing it to a single turbo design. i already have a ej2.0t jdm in my car now. i was thinking 2 things
1. Change over the turbo setup on one engine to another in essense getting rid of a twin setup they do it all the time w supras and junk.the setup on the original jdm ej20t is 12 pounds of boost at lo ans 15 at hi making 211 hp. th estock turbo runs 7 pounds. i have been assured that i can "run 17's psi all day long" i have a greddy boost,safc2 fuel cut and a wms o2 sesnor. plus a bosch ful pump. i have been actually havign to cut back my fuel. wierd huh? i have a post abou tit in the conversion section.

or i was thinking about slappig a good reliable dsm turbo on there all my buddies run talons eclipses what ever. but there turbo stuff is cheap! 500 bucks or so for a turbo ain't bad. what are my pros and cons? i only want to run 276 hp . nothign fancy.
will dsm turbos fit? assume a shop can fabricate some sort of connection. if we can get to the moon this can't be too hard.

"not to be a jerk bu ti don't want to hear about wiring harness this or that unless it is absoutly nessacary." i know i am interested in the turbo aspects of teh job now. has any body ever made a ejtt to a ejt? and how so,what turbo

her is my other post if it helps or not.
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...74#post1240474

Call up or e-mail PDX Tuning at www.pdxtuning.com. Jarred (one of the owners) has a monster legacy - lots of experience.