Aftermarket Forced Induction - Turboed factory NA engines Turbo EJ25! Who said that all Subarus are created equal? Aftermarket turbochargers on factory normally-aspirated engines (factory turbo engines have their own forums).

FP3065 Ball Bearing DSM turbo

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 04:53 AM

FP3065 Ball Bearing DSM turbo

I was just wondering if anyone knew about this turbo. I have 05 sti and i wanted to upgrade to the green but i saw this puppy, just wondered if anyone knew anything about it. can i run it just like the green?
Old 09-15-2005, 09:28 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Black WRX STI
I'm a huge fan of FP... I have the Red in my STI and love it. Currently pulling 360 whp on pump gas at 19.2 psi between 10.4 and 11.0 AFR. Another STI on the dyno before me pulled 420 on the same set up with 113 octane and water injection.

Has great spool up (as good as the green) and has a higher power output at the same psi.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:07 AM

so should i just stick with the green? cause i have heard alot about this turbo also, and nothing but good things. Im just the kind of guy that likes to mess around and if the green is more of the top end then thats another plus for me...i just never heard of the FP3065 before.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:19 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by soobie05
so should i just stick with the green? cause i have heard alot about this turbo also, and nothing but good things. Im just the kind of guy that likes to mess around and if the green is more of the top end then thats another plus for me...i just never heard of the FP3065 before.
Well,

Everyone is going to recomend their own, right? If you have an STI, I would recomend the red. Lots of potential and room to grow. I have personally watched the comparisons being run on the dyno and can attest that with good tuning, the Red will give you more whp with slightly less boost pressure and no loss in spool up. Thats why I picked it. I think the numbers speak for them self...

My sti was on the dyno two nights ago, 360 whp at 19.2 psi and 338 ft-lbs of torque. Most guys are having to push into the 20 psi range to get that hp to the wheels. For reference it was a mustang dyno. Stock internals. If I had gone with the green, I would be in the 340 range.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:41 PM

nice man, ur car is completly stock? cause if i ended up getting the turbos ima get cob and fuel pump, but also another thing is do i need injectors? since im already using sti injectors,
Old 09-15-2005, 07:26 PM
VIP Member

nice man, ur car is completly stock? cause if i ended up getting the turbos ima get cob and fuel pump, but also another thing is do i need injectors? since im already using sti injectors,
Sorry, when I say stock internals, it means that I havn't rebuilt the engine with stronger components such as forged pistons, knife edged crank arms, etc...

No its definitly not stock, I am at a stage 4 build up. Here is my formula...

For Go Juice:

Big MAF Intake, headers, uppipe, downpipe, exhaust, 816 cc injectors, walbro 255 l/hr fuel pump, fuel rails, stainless fuel lines, 1:1 fuel pressure regulator, FP Red turbo, Perrin FMIC, lots of time on dyno.

Suspension:

TEIN Flex coilovers, EDFC, Perrin front and rear adjustable sway bars, perrin endlinks.

Management:
Blitz Sequential boost controler, Ecu-Tek Reflash, EGT gauge, oil temp gauge.

Safety:

Sparco harness bar, Sparco driver and passenger 4 pt harness

So, no not stock.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:45 AM

i have the lmted edition injen intake, would i need something bigger? or would a short ram be better have you ever seen that one? Also what kind of headers do you have..i heard that the best headers are the cusco ones iif not those then fujitsibu. also i heard that if you port and polish the wastegate i believe it will help you a bit.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:34 PM
VIP Member

i have the lmted edition injen intake, would i need something bigger? or would a short ram be better have you ever seen that one? Also what kind of headers do you have..i heard that the best headers are the cusco ones iif not those then fujitsibu. also i heard that if you port and polish the wastegate i believe it will help you a bit.
Injen intake should be fine.

I have DC Sports Headers... they are good but probibly not the best. HKS and Cusco probibly make better ones. On the same side, I spent half of what I would have spent on the HKS and hanvn't had any problems. One pipe is not too different from the next so I am almost positive that the extra $1000.00 wouldn't have given me any horse power.

Yes, if you have a stock turbo you will help to reduce boost creep by porting your waste gate, if you increase boost.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:50 AM

if i upgrade would i still neeed to port? or should i get the external waste gate. sorry for the quuestions man, kina a newb on subies. love the car though. but i was plannin on getting a big turbo maybe like the FP Red since you said it was good, along with the cobb, fuel pump and i dnt know if i need the injectors but i heard the pe 800's. just need to know what else i would need. Also i heard if you get some type of headers the boxer noise will go away. is that true? thanks man for the help
Old 09-17-2005, 11:48 PM
VIP Member

if i upgrade would i still neeed to port? or should i get the external waste gate. sorry for the quuestions man, kina a newb on subies. love the car though. but i was plannin on getting a big turbo maybe like the FP Red since you said it was good, along with the cobb, fuel pump and i dnt know if i need the injectors but i heard the pe 800's. just need to know what else i would need. Also i heard if you get some type of headers the boxer noise will go away. is that true? thanks man for the help
The stock turbo has an internal waste gate. If you replace the turbo you don't have to port the new one - it should be able to handle the higher boost. You will need a complete fuel system upgrade and FMIC. If you get headers, your exhaust note will change but not in a bad way. I still set off alarms in the parking garrage.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:04 AM

Car Info: 2010 Subaru Sti
hey who makes the red and green turbos
Old 09-22-2005, 10:20 PM

Car Info: 05' OBP/Gold STi
Originally Posted by Juelz5420
hey who makes the red and green turbos
Forced Performance.