i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Aftermarket Forced Induction - Turboed factory NA engines (https://www.i-club.com/forums/aftermarket-forced-induction-turboed-factory-na-engines-62/)
-   -   Awesome BOV for WRX (https://www.i-club.com/forums/aftermarket-forced-induction-turboed-factory-na-engines-62/awesome-bov-wrx-108083/)

rayray888 08-09-2005 07:15 AM

Awesome BOV for WRX

Hi,

Does anyone know a good aftermarket BOV for a 2005 WRX (NOT Sti)? I am new to the tuning industry and I wanted to get one which would produce an aweseome High-Pitch Whistle Sound out of my Turbo like the ones you hear in WRC cars (or in the Initial-D Series......that's if anyone has seen these episodes before)....

Thanks!!

Dice 08-09-2005 10:07 AM

hks ssqv...but dont get a bov, it will just mess ur car up and u wont gain any power infact you might lose some.

rayray888 08-09-2005 08:27 PM

I hear some may cause the Check Engine Light to come on...Is that what you are implying by saying "it will just mess ur car up ".........

MVWRX 08-09-2005 09:36 PM

In short, they cause the car's computer to think there's a different A/F ration than there actually is, which can cause some problems. If you search for 'BOV' I'm sure you'll find some threads with all the info about it.

Turbo86 08-09-2005 10:30 PM

if you must get an new bov get the hks ssq bov or the blitz ss bov.

but seriously if you don't have a bigger turbo, don't get a new bov.

blue blurr 08-11-2005 04:18 PM

If you want a Bov, get the HKs ssqv but really they do nothing for our cars, and sometimes even cause trouble with idle and running rich.

jpun1 08-12-2005 11:57 PM

the hks bov is releases 100% to the atmosphere and may cause your car to backfire and idle low. if you are interested in getting one, i'd recommend a GFB (Go Fast Bits) or Worx bov which are both adjustable. you can switch to 100 release to 100 recirc..which would be useful when you go to smog your car!

depdivr 09-05-2005 09:55 AM

I know this is for WRX but what about STI

I have an 05 STI w/ upgraded turbo to FP Red, running 340 whp.

I have heard good things about the Perrin BOV - any experiences?

Thanks

thunder_sti 09-05-2005 01:39 PM

stock bov is the best, unless you start serious upgrades or you just want 1 just for looks/ sound, then go with hks, if not stock is your best bet...

Cyrus923 09-06-2005 12:48 AM

Don't listen to these people. The reason your cel gets thrown is because you have a faulty bov in the first place. Lots of manufactures get thiers from other countries which have poor construction and leak. If you are close to stock the sound is pretty much all you will get. I had one, wen't back to stock and hated it. You have a turbo car, get one if you wan't. The HKS is a good bet. I can be pricey and has a different sound but it will never leak. So that means no cel. Its all up to you.

WRXEM 02 09-06-2005 10:40 AM

Ive got the APS Bov on my car, and i actually picked up MPH on top end in the 1/4. Before BOV i was running 13.3 @ 100, few days ago i went to the track and ran a 13.2@101.97. Im still on stock turbo, running about 13 PSI so every situation is different, if you want one for sound i with HKS, but if you want one that wont mess up your car then id look at something that doesnt dump into the atmos. all the time.

20sti05 09-06-2005 03:14 PM

i have the forge BOV on mine full vent and i havent had problems with CEL or anything else. not to impressive under low boost but sounds nice when you hit it hard. if you want one get one. the hks sounds sick but im happy with the forge.

FinedTunedWRX 09-10-2005 12:51 PM

I like the sound of the turbo xs. Its loud as hell

A 04 GUIZE 09-10-2005 12:58 PM

[QUOTE=Cyrus923]Don't listen to these people. The reason your cel gets thrown is because you have a faulty bov in the first place. Lots of manufactures get thiers from other countries which have poor construction and leak. If you are close to stock the sound is pretty much all you will get. I had one, wen't back to stock and hated it. You have a turbo car, get one if you wan't. The HKS is a good bet. I can be pricey and has a different sound but it will never leak. So that means no cel. Its all up to you.[/QUOTE]

^^^^ WTH. So if the BOV leaks its gonna throw a cel? How bout no. mine use to leak and didnt throw a cel.

20sti05 09-10-2005 10:22 PM

i dont think i throws a CEL either