Aftermarket Forced Induction - Turboed factory NA engines Turbo EJ25! Who said that all Subarus are created equal? Aftermarket turbochargers on factory normally-aspirated engines (factory turbo engines have their own forums).

'95 Impreza+t28 Turbo...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 10:38 AM

Car Info: 95 impreza
Question '95 Impreza+t28 Turbo...

Hey guys, I am new too this Subaru community. This is actually for my friends impreza that I am helping him with. I am more familiar to VW and BMW. Anyway, We got a t28 turbo that is for a sr20det, I just need to know if we are doing this right so far and if this setup like will work out ok. If you have any suggestions on how to set it up better and how to get it tuned correctly please let me know. Ok now I want to run stock fuel pump and injectors. This will just be a low boost setup so im hoping that will work. We have a Fuel pressure regulator but not sure what i should set the PSI at? We dont have a wideband right now but i am trying to source a somewhat cheap one. We have the oil line from the pan to the turbo, turbo manifold is good and done, all piping is done and have a little intercooler and it has a relief valve which is just like a diverter valve not really a BOV. Now does the MAF go on the intake for the turbo or does it stay on the intake manifold? I think everything else is good to go? not sure might be missing a few things. Hoping to get a wideband before we are done, Where should the air/fuel ratio be? like 13 or something at idle but what about under boost? Also we dont have a boost gauge. When i get that where should i mount the sender? ive heard all kinds of different spots but where would i get the best reading and have it not spike but read constant pressure? Thanks for the help! Alex
Old 01-30-2008, 06:10 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Best place to look up 93-01 Impreza stuff is www.rs25.com

If you're using the stock motor and going to toss on the turbo, please don't do it. The N/A motors whether you have a 1.8L, 2.2L, 2.5L are not worth the effort since their internals can't tolerate even 6-8psi of boost and will grenade sooner or later (typically sooner.) It will seriously be a waste of time. Best thing to do is at least put a 2.0L wrx motor in there or possibly a 2.2L turbo motor since they're ment for boost, but the T28 may be too much for it (not sure.)

If you really want to proceede with this....you'll more than likely need a bigger fuel pump whether its a walbro 255lph or maybe stock sti pump rated at about 145lph, bigger fuel injectors (maybe 420cc wrx injectors or 565cc) all you should upgrade to in order to meet fuel demands so you don't starve the motor and run dangerously lean.

If you decide to upgrade your fuel system go here to find out roughly the specs you'll need:
http://www.deatschwerks.com/catalog/...alculators.php

GLIA...hopefully the motor doesn't pop the same day.