Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

TP stage 2 map w/ new downpipe..? Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 09:12 AM

TP stage 2 map w/ new downpipe..? Thoughts?

Been doing a lot of reading on tuning and I was thinking of tuning my 2011 wrx to stage 1 first with a tactrix cable and torqued performance map. However it says you purchase the stage 1 and 2 maps together so I figured for the price I might as well buy a new downpipe and go full stage 2. All I need to find out now is how to use my own laptop to transfer the tune to the car and if that's even a good idea. Thoughts, comments concerns, advice, cries of outrage, all are appreciated.

Thanks guys!
Old 09-24-2013, 09:56 AM
Because Family Car

Car Info: car
I have no problems with my TP "stage 2" map for my Forester. Eric is the contact person there. Try reaching out to him. His communication is great and he'll make sure you have a full understanding of the process before you proceed.

-Craig
Old 09-24-2013, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by jdmdaddy
I have no problems with my TP "stage 2" map for my Forester. Eric is the contact person there. Try reaching out to him. His communication is great and he'll make sure you have a full understanding of the process before you proceed. -Craig
Did you do it yourself or did you get it done professionally? And also any mods? If so what do you recommend?
Thanks!
Old 09-24-2013, 06:36 PM
Because Family Car

Car Info: car
I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. I have a Torqued Performance map that was created for my Forester.

Things I needed:
- Computer
- Accessport Race Software and COBB AP Manager
- A map created by Torqued Performance
- Most importantly, an Accessport

I have a pretty simple setup. Cobb catted dp, SPT catback and a COBB SF intake. I was nervous at first. However, because of the results that Eric was able to yield, I will definitely be turning to him for a re-tune as I add mods.

Like I said, reach out to him: Torqued Performance

Last edited by jdmdaddy; 09-24-2013 at 08:22 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:06 PM

Car Info: 2008 Subaru WRB WRX
Im running the XPT stage 1 on my 08 wrx. I used my laptop and a tactrix cable. Its not hard but if you dont understand what your doing you can mess things up. I also just flashed the Torqued Performance stage 1 on my buddies 2012 wrx, and its a big difference over stock. Totally worth it. But do alot of reading before making your choice. If you have any doubts and nobody to help you, go with an access port. Here is a good place to start reading:
RomRaider/Ecuflash getting started FAQ - NASIOC
or
openecu.org • Index page

If you have any other questions, just ask.