Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

mauro motorsports - i got screwed

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 01:15 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX
Read this whole thread. Nuff said.

http://www.wrxfanatics.com/index.php...pic=24141&st=0
Old 03-10-2007, 11:08 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Yeah. That really sucks. All I really wanted was a wheel. All they had to do was drop me an email or a phone call or something and let me know what was going on. Like... that's the least they could do if something didn't go right.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:43 AM

Car Info: STI
Originally Posted by darkonion
I had bad luck with these guys recently. I was trying to order Rota SubZero's in GunMetal and it never showed up. I called and email them, and I never got a reply. Finally, I filed a dispute with PayPal and I got my money back.

darkonion <--- not happy
Yeah unfortunately ROTA said originall that they had the wheel instock. Unfortunately they did not so we had to refund you. Very sorry for the experience.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:44 AM

Car Info: STI
Originally Posted by eclipse0001
Yeah that's a lot of old news...it's from 2005, but every business makes mistake. We've had over 5000 customers since 2002 so there's bound to be a few unhappy.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:44 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX
Originally Posted by mauromotorsport
Yeah that's a lot of old news...it's from 2005, but every business makes mistake. We've had over 5000 customers since 2002 so there's bound to be a few unhappy.
Yeah.... you are right its old news. So what you are saying is that you have been screwing people over since 2002?

It's old news but this thread is current. Just showing him a little bit of your business history pal.

You say that every business makes mistakes. This thread shows that you are still making them.

Good luck with your business.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:41 PM

I understand things happen... but as a customer, if something happens beyond either of our control, I should be notified of the problem. I understand that things can get lost in the mail, orders misplaced, etc. Keep in mind that I made an effort to see what the problem was. I called in a few times, left messages, and sent emails. After a month of not getting the item, and a few days of trying to get in contact with the business, I finally had to file a dispute with PayPal which got me my refund.

I don't want to tell you how to run your business. That's really up to you, but as a customer, I expect a certain level of professionalism, and leaving me in the dark for almost a month isn't really professional at all.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:35 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Sedan Prem
I've only had good experiences with mauromotorsports. Anthony has been extremely helpful with answering my technical and product questions. In fact, he's been real honest - recommending less expensive approaches to upgrades.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:06 AM

Car Info: Subaru 2002 WRX
Thumbs down Another Bad Review of Mauro Motorsports

I ordered some WRX mudflaps from these guys over a year ago. After waiting for weeks and weeks, they finally informed me that the flaps were out of stock. Fine. I e-mailed Mauro and asked them to cancel my order and refund my money. A legitimate company would have complied with my request. Instead, I found out a year later that the money had never been refunded.

After e-mailing and calling the company over a period of several weeks, giving them ample time to respond, the company now refused to communicate with me. I still have never heard back from this company after realizing the refund was not processed (not even a single e-mail in response to the missing refund).

I did, however, report them to the Better Business Bureau and to PayPal. Fortunately, PayPal activated my claim and was able to secure a refund from these guys! I'll tell you one thing, if you give Mauro Motorsports money, stay on top of your order and send your credit company after them as soon as something seems amiss. They apparently have sticky fingers. As for myself, I will stay well away from them and make purchases with businesses that have more integrity, or at least better communication skills.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:14 AM

Car Info: Subaru 2002 WRX
One little follow up note

I should also note that a single apologetic e-mail from this company would have probably cooled me down enough so that I wouldn't have posted this complaint to this message board. As it is, I now feel a responsibility to other customers to help them avoid unpleasant experiences. Perhaps Mauro Motorsports should try to help customers before they feel neglected and ignored. That's the common pattern that I see in these complaints: people who have been kept in the dark.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:12 PM

Car Info: 05 obp sti
Originally Posted by eclipse0001
Yeah.... you are right its old news. So what you are saying is that you have been screwing people over since 2002?

It's old news but this thread is current. Just showing him a little bit of your business history pal.

You say that every business makes mistakes. This thread shows that you are still making them.

Good luck with your business.
BUMP!
Old 12-22-2007, 06:31 PM

Car Info: WRC replica
Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo
Anthony seemed cool, until he stopped responding to my emails. On the "other forum" a guy told me I could get a MRT splitter through them, to which I emailed Anthony about. He told me he could get them, and needed to find out the price. After a few weeks, and multiple emails I never got word back.

Im guessing that you paid with your credit card? Easiest thing to do now, is to file a complaint to your credit card and have them deal with it.
Like he said, Anthony was a cool guy was he was a active vendor on the other forum. I ordered my JDM rain guard from him. He hooked me up with better price than anyone on the other forum and only took couple days to get to my door. He disappeared suddenly and since I don't order stuff from him anymore.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by bomarmonk
I ordered some WRX mudflaps from these guys over a year ago. After waiting for weeks and weeks, they finally informed me that the flaps were out of stock. Fine. I e-mailed Mauro and asked them to cancel my order and refund my money. A legitimate company would have complied with my request. Instead, I found out a year later that the money had never been refunded.

After e-mailing and calling the company over a period of several weeks, giving them ample time to respond, the company now refused to communicate with me. I still have never heard back from this company after realizing the refund was not processed (not even a single e-mail in response to the missing refund).

I did, however, report them to the Better Business Bureau and to PayPal. Fortunately, PayPal activated my claim and was able to secure a refund from these guys! I'll tell you one thing, if you give Mauro Motorsports money, stay on top of your order and send your credit company after them as soon as something seems amiss. They apparently have sticky fingers. As for myself, I will stay well away from them and make purchases with businesses that have more integrity, or at least better communication skills.
Originally Posted by bomarmonk
I should also note that a single apologetic e-mail from this company would have probably cooled me down enough so that I wouldn't have posted this complaint to this message board. As it is, I now feel a responsibility to other customers to help them avoid unpleasant experiences. Perhaps Mauro Motorsports should try to help customers before they feel neglected and ignored. That's the common pattern that I see in these complaints: people who have been kept in the dark.
Same exact thing happened to me. I agree. I tried order a wheel from a local vendor (Mach III) before ordering out of state. I put in the order in the evening. The next morning, they left me a message in voice mail and in email inbox letting me know of the situation and that they were unable to fulfill my order. They apologized for the inconvenience and that was that. It wasn't their fault. Things just happen.

However, my experience with Mauro Motorsports wasn't as fun. You can read all about that in my previous post somewhere.