Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

Import image racing is a joke!

Old 03-04-2012, 01:37 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
I wonder what would happen if this was posted on NASIOC or 3gwrx...

I have made some product inquiries with IIR, but I have never actually ordered anything from them. They definitely seem to have a pretty good grip on the community though.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:06 PM

Car Info: 07lmtd 6spd wrx eq tuned
Over the past 3years I have ordered many parts from them, both in performance and aesthetic. I have never had a negative experience dealing with them. All my transaction have been straight forward and they do have the best prices around and offer the best deals, especially if you do combo packs.
OP how did you order? Online? I have always looked for what I wanted then phone ordered so I can talk to Josh and tell him specifically what I need and for what application. Sucks that your having a hard time with them
Old 03-04-2012, 02:16 PM

Car Info: Subaru Wrx Sti 2005, 2012 Silverado, 2013 ZX-10R
I have only had one issue with them once when ordering multiple parts at a time cause the parts are out of stock and nobody makes them anymore. I have had really good experiences with them over the years though. And I have ordered tons of parts form them.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:54 PM

Car Info: 2015 ISM STI Limited
i have a ton too but come on after the first 2 or 3 mistakes you would think they would take into extra consideration to get it right the 4th time but they couldnt even do that?! i always order via e-mail directly to them so i have proof of exactly what i order and what options each one of these i have the original order receipt and they still got them wrong... dont get me wrong i ordered lots of parts in the beginning and they were great but it seemed i had to spend over $3k just to get them to get it right... even this last time i bought a BBK, lines, rotors, pad for the rear, boost controller, couplers, bov, brake fluid i mean a ton of stuff and they got almost all of it wrong?! really?! they claim to be such a great company but when it came down to it in the end i gave them a negative review and they come back with a neg review for me because i told it how it was?! thats really mature of a company we're supposed to trust with our money and CC information?
Old 03-04-2012, 08:41 PM

Car Info: 2002 BRP 2.5RS
Sorry to hear that I deal with them for all my parts because of their great service when I got coilovers. I hate reading stuff like this with people I like. I hope it all gets worked out.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:16 PM

Car Info: '06 GT52'd STi '03 Miata SE
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. But, I've ordered multiple things simultaneously with no hiccups. IIR is a reputable place. Maybe the BBK accessories threw them a curve ball as that's not usually a common part ordered compared to turbobacks/downpipes/accessports, etc. I hope you get everything figured out.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:50 AM

doesn't matter to me since i'll spend my money with someone else from now on i just wanted to warn everyone else if this happens to them that its not just them its happening to... thanks for the input everyone and have a good week!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:34 AM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon
I also have had no issues thus far with them, they ship stuff super fast, and if you talk to the right guys, you can get some SERIOUSLY good deals. They're very good about hooking it up.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:57 AM

Car Info: wrx, ferrai 360, 993 twin turbo, 930s cab
they are on zilvia,,
Old 03-05-2012, 10:27 AM
Da Brit.

Car Info: http://tinyurl.com/3vo4362
my personal experience. I bought apn ATI E 52mm E pod for 02-07 wrx/sti from them. The fitment was horrible. I called and they told me in a nice way to basically go eff myself. They wanted me to return the part and they would send me a replacement yet they were absolutely sure it would be exactly the same fitment. It itsnt bad to the naked eye but if you take a second look you can see how the pod doesnt fit in to the factory lower piece and they do not sell a lower piece which does fit correctly. They also would not ship one with a call tag so i could ship mine back.. They wanted my car to be down for however long it took them to receive mine and ship another one to me. Horrible customer service. The two guys I spoke to, one was a bigger joke than the next. I tried to be patient with them but they always gave me the vibe that I was an annoyance. I will never buy from them again.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:13 AM

Car Info: 2009 WRB WRX Sedan
Damn, that really seems out of the ordinary for them. Hopefully everything gets resolved for anyone with mishaps

Ive have never had any issues. But the only person I deal with is Josh from there. I always PM him off of another Forum(3gwrx) and have him send me invoices to my paypal where I double check everything then send payment. Havent had a problem yet.

Hopefully whoever is doing stupid things in the company gets replaced. Customer service is what keeps things going and them being car parts sellers they should know better and that the car world is HUGE and words can get around and they can lose a ton of customers.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Da Brit.

Car Info: http://tinyurl.com/3vo4362
i have to add. My entire experience wasnt always bad. It was just bad when it mattered the most. I bought gauges from them also which arrived promptly and worked as advertised. The bad didnt happen until there was an obvious issue with one of their parts. They can say "we offered to replace it" (with the same bad part)but the fact of the matter is they never owned the problem. They were going to make it even more inconvenient for me and didnt seem to care about the issue taking a very defensive tone on the phone when i was not being rude nor impatient. The funny part is when you submit feedback on their site, it comes says "your post has been accepted for moderation" which to me translates to.. "if you say anything negative about your experience, it will not be posted."
Old 03-05-2012, 06:11 PM

^exactly! They never owned up and said my bad ill make it up to you for being patient they just give that " I don't give a **** " mentality and that's what I'm upset about from now on I'll find a company who owns up to their mistakes and takes it seriously and not as "we have your money so now you must wait" BS I hope this does help people not to not purchase from them because they do have great deals but just to be weary if u start to get wrong parts expect to get the run around
Old 03-08-2012, 11:14 PM

Car Info: 07 UGM WRX Wagon
I ordered my exhaust through PM's on nasioc with IIR and they were very helpful with my questions and they shipped out right away. Hope I get the right part LOL

Will update on tuesday(when my exhaust should be here)
Old 05-15-2012, 06:01 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Most of these online part pushers drop ship most of what they have. Either that or they buy a crap ton of one part making it really hard for local shops to sell parts. That's why you'll see that most local shops stock very few parts that are not directly related to a service they'll do. More likely they'll do deals for a week or a month so they can up the numbers.

In most cases I really try to support the local shops. It's usually within $20 or so for a part and it's worth it to help them out and to pick up a part with your bare hands. In some cases the deals are too good to pass up.

ImportImage actually stocks a lot more stuff than most vendors you're going to deal with but if you happen to order the parts they don't ship then you're in for the kind of service you'll get anywhere when something is drop shipped.

They order a part. They never see it. It goes to you. If it's wrong there's no way for them to catch it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Import image racing is a joke!