FP 20g turbos, group buy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 12:12 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX TR
FP 20g turbos, group buy!!!

Hi guys,

We are going to offer a Group buy on (10) FP 20g for the Subaru. The turbos will have a choice of either 7cm or 8cm housings. They all come standard with the 14 psi wastegate actuator on them.

Regular price on the turbos are $1165 each.

Group buy pricing will be $1039 each.

If you want a turbo just call us and place the order. We will not charge your car until we have orders for 10 turbos.

I will post the dyno sheet from my car shortly.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:13 PM

Here is the dyno sheet and a short story of testing and such:

I put the 20g on the Subi right before the trans broke the 3rd gear on the dyno. As a matter of fact we were in the process of tuning it for the 20g and new injectors when it broke.

We are finally up and running again and now I have finished the tune on the new turbo.

Very nice gains over the stock STi turbo that I had. About 40 whp, car pull very strong up top and the loss in low end isn't that noticable. I think had I swapped them back to back and had more seat time in the car the loss in low end would be more apparent but the car feels great with the delay I had between turbos.

The torque and HP are the two higher graphs the AFR is the flat line and the boost is the other line. Peak boost 23 psi but fell off to 18 at redline. AFR's were tuned to 11.3-11.4:1. I am running a mix of 93-94 octane in the car.

We will be doing a group buy on these turbos, I am waiting on final pricing we can offer them at now.

BTW, I ended up running the car on the STOCK fuel injectors. The car did hit 100% duty cycles but as you can see by the graph the AFR's stayed very safe and flat. I did this to see what could be made with the stock injectors and to find out the largest turbo we could run without having to upgrade those too. Most people are not going to run boost quite this high on pump on a daily basis so it is a good test to find the limits of the fuel injectors.

The car does have an upgraded single Walbro fuel pump in it now, without the fuel pump these numbers would not have been possible. I was maxed out on injector on the STi turbo before and the fuel pump upgrade allowed me to make another 40 whp.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:47 AM

Car Info: 94 Integra beater: one Slow 3 Series RIP EvoX
how about a GB on the green ?
or can you add one just for me??? the 11th turbo?
Old 09-07-2007, 01:49 PM

Group buy on the Green will be coming in the future. Once I get my car finished with the new FMIC I am going to be installing the Green on it. After I install and test it we will more than likely offer a group buy on that turbo too.

I am failry certain we will be doing a little bit different approach to the green turbo though. I'd like to do a slightly rotated mount set up for all these stock style turbos. I don't think anyone offers it now and I'd like to get the turbos up a little higher so a real air inlet can be built.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:48 AM

Car Info: 94 Integra beater: one Slow 3 Series RIP EvoX
sounds great
keep me posted
thnks