WRX theft in NJ is at an all time high

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 12:17 PM

Car Info: MY98 2.5 RS, MY04 STI
Talking I love my scoob

I know what you mean; when I first got my 98 RS, anytime I saw another Scoob they'd just wave and say what's up. On many ocasions, we'd just pull over into a rest stop, gas station, and exchange information. And the same goes with the STI.

Most of my buddies who drive tricked out Hondas, all they wanted to do when they saw another Tricked out honda on the road was race them. I just seems that the Scoob crowd has a different mindset. I'm sure we've all done a little racing on the road here and there, but nothing like what I see with the tricked out honda drivers.

I guess after puting so much money in a ride, some just want to make sure it was worth it by beating or "trying to beat" other cars on the road.

Well Notorious J... if you like the car keep it; I'm holding on to mine until it dies. And if I can help it, the next car I get will be the daily driver and the STI will be the weekend car. I have already sold the 98 RS. Maybe my next car will be another scoob; I have been driving Imprezas since 98 and have not had any complaints about the two i have had so far (except fo the big "steal me" sign that hangs over them now) LOL

Cj
Old 02-28-2007, 06:52 AM

Car Info: 02 subaru wrx (blue)
thats funny you said even the sti.....i noticed that very few of the cats pushing sti's wave..at least around my area. they put their nose up in the air because thiers is sti and mines not...watever.. i can spend a grand more on upgrades on my whip and push the same hp and in the long run still have spent 10 g's less. some of them wave(sti owners) but most are dicks(in my area). lol
Old 02-28-2007, 07:59 AM

Car Info: MY98 2.5 RS, MY04 STI
Funny, my STI is tock. and the STI dicks i have run into all have theirs modified *huge **** Cofee can mufflers, etc* they rev up next to me and take off as if "hey my STI is better than yours. I just laugh it off. over all, I think we are a good crowd.

Cj
Old 09-27-2007, 04:47 PM

Car Info: 07 sti
my 04 sti was stolen bout 3 years ago
i got to talk to the theif. he actually answered my cell phone
Old 09-27-2007, 04:55 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by turbopfied
my 04 sti was stolen bout 3 years ago
i got to talk to the theif. he actually answered my cell phone
welcome to i-club, please enjoy your stay
Old 09-27-2007, 04:58 PM

Car Info: 07 sti
thanks
Old 11-23-2007, 10:43 AM

Car Info: WR BLUE 2002 WRX
guy,that stealing wrx or sti are old story.I have heard two not just one but two sti was stolen at jersey city dealership,they recovered the two cars but it was not the same.There is nothing you can do with these guys.If they want to steal your car they can do it coz that is there job.Thats how they make money.I heard all about it too.The only best thing to do is preventive and the participation of the authorities.Report all unusual people around your area.Chances are they are sizing up your area for possible carnapping. So eyes peeled guys we can do this.Just keep us all posted on the news around our circle.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:06 AM

Car Info: 07 Impreza 2.5i SE Sedan
RE: a good deterrant

Hey, as far as security systems go, I don't have much faith in them. Best to have some physical deterrant. I have this thing for my car that is made from really really hard steel. You put it under your brake or gas pedal and then pull the stem up and it locks the pedal so it can't move. Nothing is unbrakeable, but something like this will sure slow them down. I would imagine trying to saw through it would take forever. Would basically have to shoot the locking cylindar with a pistol or something. And since it is down there around the pedal, the crook will not have much room to work with, probably be really awkward to try and use a saw down there. Crook would probably get fed up and just move on to an easier car. I think it's called an "auto-lock" not for sure though, I've had it for years. A budy of mine said he used to make his own switch to the ignition system and put it in some really bizzare location that would take a while for someone to find. You flip the switch to complete the circuit and then start up like normal. When you leave the car, just flip the switch off. I have wondered for years why car makers don't make some kind of locking mechanism for the shifter itself, especially for automatics. If you could lock the shifter somehow and they can't get it out of Park, they won't be going anywhere.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 WRX WRB
Yes it is an old story, note the original date on this thread.
The newer Subarus have the built-in immobilizer which prevents them from being driven away. Unfortunately the thieves in NJ are determined enough that they will just push an immobilized car away with another vehicle. This has happened several times, most recently just a few weeks ago as posted by the owner on NASIOC. He was foolish enough to try and chase after them as they were pushing his car away and they actually backed up and rammed him.
So the depressing reality for those living in the high-theft areas of NJ is that the only thing you can really do about the hard-core thieves is try and keep your car out of sight, or move. That said, applying multiple levels of security (both visible and hidden) will help to protect your car from the casual and more easily-deterred thieves.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:19 PM

heads up guy,i got news for you,a friend of a friend sti got jack last 2 weeks ago here in Jersey city.The thieves uses what they call club buster.The guy who owns the STi has a club,alpha lock.And they still got the car by using this club buster.Now the people who are selling this club buster are LOCK WORLD and TRUCK-N-TOW.COM,i spoke with lock world a certain John,and he told me that they only sell them to license tow truck operator but not to regular joe's.How come it is landing on the hands of this thieves.So if you guys want to questions this company feel free to call them and ask them.Here are their numbers, for Lock world its 415-626-1200 look for john,and other one is truck-n-tow.com look it up in the web.So to all you guys out there thats been victimized by this system let the authorities know about this.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:38 AM

fellow members,if you think that all stolen cars are taken to Newark,N.J.or
East Orange,N.J.why don't we all e-mail their respective police dept.and tell them to do a better job in stoping this suspecting car thieves.Just e-mail them everyday.I think they will be doing something about it if they see a lot of this e-mail in their web site.The site for east orange p.d.is eopd.com,i don't have the one for newark p.d.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:19 PM

heads up guys,another one wrx bite the dust.It was park behind a mini van on their garage.So he was confident that it can't be stolen.Wrong you what the thief did,they move the mini van in front of the wrx,and then stole the car.These people are really very bold.You move two cars,that take a lot of time to do it.Oh by the way it was stolen in Jersey city. Be careful out there guys.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:06 PM

Car Info: Subaru WRX 08' WRB
Hey guys if you have had your WRX/STI Stolen Post VINS and Post Pictures I recently helped a friend on Nasioc who had his stolen find his cause I spotted the guy flying down RT9 in central jersey coming from South bound heading North and I lost him entering New York we found it a week later parted out and smashed up in a lot in a ghetto part of the city please don't meet the same fate guys I never want to see a grown man cry about his car again