Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Great Canadian Social Health Care!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 05:24 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Great Canadian Social Health Care!

http://www.vancouversun.com/story_pr...878506&sponsor

VANCOUVER — Vancouver patients needing neurosurgery, treatment for vascular diseases and other medically necessary procedures can expect to wait longer for care, NDP health critic Adrian Dix said Monday.

Dix said a Vancouver Coastal Health Authority document shows it is considering chopping more than 6,000 surgeries in an effort to make up for a dramatic budgetary shortfall that could reach $200 million.

According to the leaked document, Vancouver Coastal — which oversees the budget for Vancouver General and St. Paul’s hospitals, among other health-care facilities — is looking to close nearly a quarter of its operating rooms starting in September and to cut 6,250 surgeries, including 24 per cent of cases scheduled from September to March and 10 per cent of all medically necessary elective procedures this fiscal year.
Sorry, the surgery you had scheduled won't happen 'til next year. We dont have enough $$.

Newspaper not from a conservative source, it's from inside Canada itself! Plain and simple.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:05 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Compare that to the current U.S. health care system: "Sorry, the surgery you need to save your life won't happen because we're dropping you from your insurance and condemning you to death."

An open, honest debate on health care can only occur with the following:

1. Acknowledge that the current system is flawed, and allows for people to be taken advantage of.
2. Stop talking about foreign health care systems; they are all different, and every system has flaws. None of them are exactly like what is being proposed here, and none of them have the resources our country has, so comparing foreign health care to non-existent proposed domestic health care is illogical and inaccurate.
3. Start talking about ways to make the current system better instead of using scare tactics and false parallels to impede any kind of discussion at all, and thereby effectively ceasing any possible improvement. Be constructive, for once.

Last edited by saqwarrior; 08-19-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by saqwarrior
Compare that to the current U.S. health care system: "Sorry, the surgery you need to save your life won't happen because we're dropping you from your insurance and condemning you to death."

An open, honest debate on health care can only occur with the following:

1. Acknowledge that the current system is flawed, and allows for people to be taken advantage of.
2. Stop talking about foreign health care systems; they are all different, and every system has flaws. None of them are exactly like what is being proposed here, and none of them have the resources our country has, so comparing foreign health care to non-existent proposed domestic health care is illogical and inaccurate.
3. Start talking about ways to make the current system better instead of using scare tactics and false parallels to impede any kind of discussion at all, and thereby effectively ceasing any possible improvement. Be constructive, for once.
You know that is asking a lot from people that are actually just rabble rousers.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
You know that is asking a lot from people that are actually just rabble rousers.
I know, I know.

P.S. Hi Matt.

<-- Mark
Old 08-19-2009, 06:51 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Any health care scheme that involves the gov't is flawed.

BTW Matt, you never did tell us how much you pay per vial of insulin.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Agreed. But you're also not the type of person I was directing my statement at.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:59 PM

Anything with government intervention, whether it be bail outs and stimulus is fail. Oh wait, that already happened here, and it only made things worse.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:01 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned

BTW Matt, you never did tell us how much you pay per vial of insulin.
Actually I did, it was around $40 something I think for a potentially compromised during shipping vial.

Originally Posted by saqwarrior
I know, I know.

P.S. Hi Matt.

<-- Mark
Yeah, I know, on the drive over I was trying to figure out if you were someone I always debated with or against
Old 08-19-2009, 08:45 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX STI
Kaiser is the our version Social Health Care.

Another funny thing that I read awhile back was Canada's govt started to grow it own weed to sell through common pharmacies. When it was finally available, the quality was so bad, that the people that really needed it still bought off the street. There were pictures of the stuff look straight shwaggy.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:28 PM

Dumb *** government needs to purchase their **** from the real growers who really spike that THC!
Old 08-19-2009, 09:50 PM

We all know healthcare needs to be fixed. I am 100% positive we do not need a public option.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:53 PM

Honestly, I like it the way it is. I've always got what I wanted for the system. Sometimes its a little expensive compared to treatment in other countries. But, those countries are ghetto with their practices.

Hmm...I need heart surgery or lasik. Stanford or Thailand....hmmmmm...
Old 08-19-2009, 10:01 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ScoobySon
Honestly, I like it the way it is. I've always got what I wanted for the system. Sometimes its a little expensive compared to treatment in other countries. But, those countries are ghetto with their practices.

Hmm...I need heart surgery or lasik. Stanford or Thailand....hmmmmm...
Because you get what you want, everyone else gets what they need?
Old 08-19-2009, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
Because you get what you want, everyone else gets what they need?
Yup, thats what I meant to say. LOL
Old 08-19-2009, 10:05 PM

Just saying the system is chill. Go to school, learn something, get a job, make bank, pay for insurance, go get you eyes checked. Is it that hard?

Oh my god, not everyone has healthcare. It must be fate. It also must be fate that they cant afford $20 a month.

Quick Reply: Great Canadian Social Health Care!