Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Germany's Intel Officer reveals Osama info

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 10:01 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Germany's Intel Officer reveals Osama info

Linky: http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041007/D85IKNB81.html

He revealed that it is very likely Osama is still alive and still organizing. He also had some interesting things to say about the war in Iraq:

"A breakdown in Iraq would destabilize the Middle East, boost Islamic terrorism worldwide and might allow terrorists to put scientists involved in Saddam Hussein's weapons programs to work for them, the intelligence chief added."

"Hanning suggested that Western nations are losing the battle for the hearts and minds of young disaffected Arabs.
'I detect a still growing, generally anti-Western mood in the Muslim countries,' he said."

Thoughts?
Old 10-07-2004, 10:37 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Hanning's thoughts are unoriginal as this is very old news. Likewise, this type of speculation has been brought to the table for the thousandth time...

Osama is alive at hiding on the Pakistani border blah blah blah. Violence in Iraq risks plunging the country into the chaos of a disintegrating "failed state" blah blah blah...
Old 10-07-2004, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by dub2w
Linky: http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041007/D85IKNB81.html

He revealed that it is very likely Osama is still alive and still organizing. He also had some interesting things to say about the war in Iraq:

"A breakdown in Iraq would destabilize the Middle East, boost Islamic terrorism worldwide and might allow terrorists to put scientists involved in Saddam Hussein's weapons programs to work for them, the intelligence chief added."

"Hanning suggested that Western nations are losing the battle for the hearts and minds of young disaffected Arabs.
'I detect a still growing, generally anti-Western mood in the Muslim countries,' he said."

Thoughts?
Yes, I'm glad you finally found an article where even a German official acknowledges the WMD threat in Iraq. Just what do you think those "scientists involved in Saddam Hussein's weapons programs" were doing there?

Looks like even he's acknowledging something.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:43 AM

But this is a growing discontentment amidst young Arabs due in large part to our current bungled occupation efforts in Iraq.

I love the spin though from the hawks... "See, the world is safer without Saddam!"

Sure it is... but it sure as heck aint safer with thousands more Muslim Arabs who became jihadists because of our baseless pre-emptive strike on an Arab nation
Old 10-07-2004, 10:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by subaruguru
Yes, I'm glad you finally found an article where even a German official acknowledges the WMD threat in Iraq. Just what do you think those "scientists involved in Saddam Hussein's weapons programs" were doing there?

Yeah, acknowledging that Bushys little crusade has only put us in more danger.

-Chris
Old 10-07-2004, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by subaruguru
Thank you spin doctor Dick Cheney.

Dang... this is a stretch at best. When will you guys concede that the effort to link Saddam to 911 was simply a veiled attempt to justify a bogus war???
Old 10-07-2004, 10:55 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bassplayrr
Yeah, acknowledging that Bushys little crusade has only put us in more danger.

-Chris
You mean the same crusade the Senate (including Kerry & Edwards) and Congress voted for? They're all responsible for Iraq, not just Bush.

But this is a growing discontentment amidst young Arabs due in large part to our current bungled occupation efforts in Iraq.

I love the spin though from the hawks... "See, the world is safer without Saddam!"

Sure it is... but it sure as heck aint safer with thousands more Muslim Arabs who became jihadists because of our baseless pre-emptive strike on an Arab nation
Point taken.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:57 AM

Thank you spin doctor Dick Cheney.

Dang... this is a stretch at best. When will you guys concede that the effort to link Saddam to 911 was simply a veiled attempt to justify a bogus war???

Where did I say anything about 9-11? Maybe Bush did, but I sure didn't hear it. Can you publish the quote where Bush says "Saddam hussein had a direct hand in 9-11"?

Now, what did I spin? did you not see the quote that you yourself posted? If I'm spinning, then tell me what those Scientists knew that we should worry about.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:04 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: black pearl sti
It doesn't matter what you do as long as the Jewish state of Israel exsists and is even acknowledged by the U.S. let alone supported, we will have thousands of jihadists and the number will grow everyday. The only way to make them happy is to turn Israel into glass and I don't see that happening.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:15 AM
VIP Member

Too bad Ghengus Khan didn't finish what he started.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:18 AM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Originally Posted by Salty
You mean the same crusade the Senate (including Kerry & Edwards) and Congress voted for? They're all responsible for Iraq, not just Bush.

Actually the resolution they voted for handed over the responsibility for persuing diplomatic resolution as well as using US Armed forces- to the President.

In doing so, technically (and illegally, I might add) they abdicated their responsibility for Iraq.

nice try, but you missed on this point Salty......
Old 10-07-2004, 11:20 AM

Guru...

of course he had scientists working on weapon's programs. But the point is they had no WMDs, and were light years away from procuring / developing such programs. If we are so worried about this, why have we done nothing with the Saudis or Iranians?

As far as the connection between Saddam and the terrorist attacks, let me clarify. Bush and Co never said "Saddam played an active role in the attacks against the US." However, they have said numerous times that he may have been harboring terrorists, that he was most likely supplying money and resources, and that he had a stockpile of WMDs for all of the fun-loving anti-US jihadists.

If you had listened to any of the recent VP debate, Cheney stuck to his guns that ousting Saddam was crucial in fighting the war on terror. And I say, "Where is the proof beyond conjecture?"

Sorry for the confusion. Perhaps following the current administration's motives for this current war has taught me how to obfuscate the issues at hand
Old 10-07-2004, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by psoper
Actually the resolution they voted for handed over the responsibility for persuing diplomatic resolution as well as using US Armed forces- to the President.

In doing so, technically (and illegally, I might add) they abdicated their responsibility for Iraq.

Uh, what was illegal about authorizing war??? Congress has the power to declare war. It can authorize the president to go to war. That's its job. So what "illegal" abdication of responsibility happened?
Old 10-07-2004, 11:26 AM

Guru...

of course he had scientists working on weapon's programs. But the point is they had no WMDs, and were light years away from procuring / developing such programs. If we are so worried about this, why have we done nothing with the Saudis or Iranians?

As far as the connection between Saddam and the terrorist attacks, let me clarify. Bush and Co never said "Saddam played an active role in the attacks against the US." However, they have said numerous times that he may have been harboring terrorists, that he was most likely supplying money and resources, and that he had a stockpile of WMDs for all of the fun-loving anti-US jihadists.

If you had listened to any of the recent VP debate, Cheney stuck to his guns that ousting Saddam was crucial in fighting the war on terror. And I say, "Where is the proof beyond conjecture?"

Sorry for the confusion. Perhaps following the current administration's motives for this current war has taught me how to obfuscate the issues at hand
Okay, let me sum this up: No one claimed Saddam was behind 9-11? Right?

And: Did you read the CIA report? Did that say Saddam was "lightyears" away? And if he was lightyears away, then why are those scientists dangerous even in the hands of terrorists (who have less than saddam did)?
Old 10-07-2004, 11:32 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by psoper

Both the House of Representatives and the Senate passed resolutions authorizing the use of force for perusing diplomatic resolution.

Trust wasn’t an issue… they knew damn well what they signed and what they were authorizing. They didn't sign their name to a vague resolution that allowed Bush to build another baseball stadium with the Army Corps of engineers.

OT Personal question: Do you get pissed off when your pizza arrives in 31minutes?

Quick Reply: Germany's Intel Officer reveals Osama info