Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Anti-Abortion Logic

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 05:19 PM

Car Info: 2005blackwrx5spd
I'm a conservative and here is what I think.

Anti-Abortion, number one it shouldn't be up to me or anyone else to tell a woman what to do with her Vagina. If they don't want to bring a child into the world let that be up to them. If they keep it legal it will be a safe procedure, if they ban it people will still get it done illegally in shady places by shady people that may cause harm to them.

Gay Marrige, if gay people want to get married good for them. I'm not here to stop anyone from being happy. If they love each other and get along they will be better off then most straight marriges in the world today. I'm in the restaurant buisness, and I do weddings and catoring events at my job. I'd love to make even more revenue of gay marriges, it would probably double my wedding output I'm all for anything that will make me an extra dollar. But my moral and religous beliefs keep me from actually believing in it, morally I think it's wrong, I really couldn't understand how a man couldn't love a woman's body. But that's me, I'm not gay and I don't really care.

PDA's, are wrong. There is no worse thing then going out into public at a bar or anywhere and watch to people get in on. It's disgusting, no matter if it's straight or gay. It's very inconsiderate of others around especially if it's around children, and I don't go out to watch soft core **** movies.

Adultary is probably the worst thing anyone can do besides kill someone. If you don't want to be married and take it seriously don't be married.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by deyes
I'm not intolerant, my problem is that we are not putting the right issue to vote. I'm not trying to stop people from being gay, I couldn't care less whom you sleep with. My problem is with the government saying whom can be married, "married" is a loaded word and to many people it means many different things. To most its means being married in a church. In many churches you can't be married if you are of the same sex as your intended spouse. That is up to the church, as far as legality and rights come into question we should all have the same rights as far as a union between the person you are sharing your life with. Like I've said the government should leave marriage to the churches and either endorse and legalize all civil unions between people of legal age, or endorse or recognize none.
Reading comprehension? YOU ARE INTOLERANT. Thats why you are AGAINST them, and it shows it in the way you speak about them and what you have stated in the past on here. Here's something you are missing though you stated it. In "MANY" churches you can't be married if you're the same sex. See it didn't say ALL churches. And the government ISN'T leaving it up to the churches its trying to pass a law YOU support because its the popular vote. Like you stated in the past. You have said they are PUSHING there beliefs on you.

Not everyone believes as I believe, no kidding? So its unacceptable to vote as I see fit? I thought that was my right? Its not? I've told you why I vote the way I do, and you don't like it period. Whats right and wrong is up to the person right?
You've showed me I was wrong?! That will be the day!
Wrong again. Your vote constrains others who believe differently than you. And that Is WRONG and IMMORAL. In this issue as is usual with most civil issues you vote for what is right not just what you believe. If people like you still ruled we would of never left the 50's.

LOL! Wether its immoral or not is up to the individual to decide, not the government and its certainly not up to you to decide for me! I've decided its immoral, so have a lot of other people. Science can't prove or disprove someones sexual preference, that is up for the person to decide. Do you like girls or do you like boys? It seems to me you are the intolerant one, you don't like people having the choice to decide what is moral for them or not.
Again you are wrong. Science HAS proven that its not up to the person to decide. So right off the bat YOU are wrong. I could careless what you think is moral or not what I can't tolerate is someone that IMPOSES their "morals" on someone ELSE. You are the one who decides what is right for them and that is wrong.

Yes it teaches acceptance, tolerance and to allow others to do as they see fit. I see fit to not accept gay marriage can you tolerate that? Morals change!? Again that is up to the person, to my knowledge the teachings of the bible have not changed through time. They are the same today as the day they were written. Wether or not someones morals change is up to them not you, why can't you understand that? The question of morals and wether or not they are going to change is each individuals choice. Wether or not they remain "rigid" likewise.
Wow, go read the bible dude. Just WOW. The bible HAS changed in the way it is perceived. Prime example your little divorce link you gave us on a past post. I can tolerate your views but what you don't seem to is tolerate what others choice to get married. Again morals are not just individual morals its also societies morals. Morals HAVE changed.

Morals conform to societies needs? Morals are decided by people, they decide what they need. What does womens fashion have to do with anything?
I guess you TOTALLY missed the boat on that one. It was immoral for woman to show so much skin in the past. It was seen as not moral. Get it? Now it doesn't matter if they wear pants or really high skirts. It is not seen as immoral. Wow HARD concept to grasp.

I told you in the last thread. Gays being married is up to the church they attend, wether or not they have the same rights as heterosexuals is up to us to decide. If we decide to call it civil unions and give them the same rights as what the government calls married then whats the problem? The problem is that "married" is not up to the government, rights are up to the government, and the people.
Actually you never said that in the last post about this. You actually said it harmed you and your children by the government saying it was "moral". Since the government supports STRAIGHT MARRIAGES I see no problem whatso ever to support GAY MARRIAGES. Why do we have a double standard? See the PROBLEM?! Its not that HARD!
Old 11-11-2004, 07:42 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by MVWRX
By the way genes work, it's much worse between father/daughter.
What about 1/2 siblings...'cause my 1/2 sister is **** star hot!
Old 11-12-2004, 02:08 AM

Car Info: 98 Impreza Outback Sport
Originally Posted by Oaf
What about 1/2 siblings...'cause my 1/2 sister is **** star hot!
If you don't share blood, fair game!

...that is, considering birth defects, etc. I'm sure society would still think you belonged on Jerry Springer.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:19 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by Petty
Thats funny. People who get abortions are denying that child his or her right to life.
If you're talking about late term abortions then I would agree with you. But most abortions are performed when it is just a mass of cells and no heartbeat. Therefore there is no "child"
Old 11-12-2004, 10:28 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by Petty
http://www.personalism.net/Intentionality.htm

hopefully this could change your mind.
While I respect that that is your opinion, it is just that. Your opinion. By the logic in that article a sperm "intends" on being a human at some point so when you nut in a towel you are commiting mass murder. There is no scientific argument for what you are saying.

As soon as that embryo has a human heart beat then I assure you I am dead set against abortion but up until that point it is a womans right to choose. Just my opinion
Old 11-12-2004, 11:46 AM

Car Info: Stock Legacy Turbo Wagon Silver
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Reading comprehension? YOU ARE INTOLERANT. Thats why you are AGAINST them, and it shows it in the way you speak about them and what you have stated in the past on here. Here's something you are missing though you stated it. In "MANY" churches you can't be married if you're the same sex. See it didn't say ALL churches. And the government ISN'T leaving it up to the churches its trying to pass a law YOU support because its the popular vote. Like you stated in the past. You have said they are PUSHING there beliefs on you.
Spelling! I think its wrong, I'm not stopping them from doing anything, to most that would mean I'm being very tolerant. How am I missing it if I stated it!? I didn't say ALL churches! WTF!? They are pushing their beliefs on me. Like I keep saying, the government should have nothing to do with marriage. Its a shame it does.

Wrong again. Your vote constrains others who believe differently than you. And that Is WRONG and IMMORAL. In this issue as is usual with most civil issues you vote for what is right not just what you believe. If people like you still ruled we would of never left the 50's.
How exactly is it constraining them again? Like I said by definition a civil union is a marriage. WTF!? "In this issue as is usual with most civil issues you vote for what is right not just what you believe." You are too much!LOL! IF YOU BELIEVE IT IS RIGHT THEN THAT IS WHAT YOU BELIEVE. NO ONE CAN TELL YOU WHAT TO BELIEVE, THAT IS UP TO YOU. Can someone please explain this to him. So if people like me ruled time would have stopped? Do you think I'm a racist? You do know I'm a minority, as well as a first generation American. I was not even born in America.

Again you are wrong. Science HAS proven that its not up to the person to decide. So right off the bat YOU are wrong.
Please point me to this irrefutable evidence that homosexuality is not a lifestyle choice, and instead has some genetic cause so that I may be enlightened and delivered from the dark ages OH WISE ONE!

I could careless what you think is moral or not what I can't tolerate is someone that IMPOSES their "morals" on someone ELSE.
I'm not asking you to care, thats my business. How again am I imposing my morals on someone? I thought that this was about rights, I want them to have those rights!?

You are the one who decides what is right for them and that is wrong.!
OK! Lets get back to reality here. I thought we all chose what our morals were? So I decide for them, who decides for me?

Wow, go read the bible dude. Just WOW. The bible HAS changed in the way it is perceived. Prime example your little divorce link you gave us on a past post. I can tolerate your views but what you don't seem to is tolerate what others choice to get married. Again morals are not just individual morals its also societies morals. Morals HAVE changed.
Thats right, perceptions have changed not the Bibles teachings though. Morals have changed, but not every ones. Societies moral say that everyone should have the same rights. I'm for that, I simply believe that the government should keep out of marriage and stick to rights. Let them marry whom they please but keep it out of the government. Have you even read my other posts? I think the government should stop calling it marriage for everyone, and just give everyone the same rights. That way we don't have to compromise our morals to make sure everyone has equal rights.

I guess you TOTALLY missed the boat on that one. It was immoral for woman to show so much skin in the past. It was seen as not moral. Get it? Now it doesn't matter if they wear pants or really high skirts. It is not seen as immoral. Wow HARD concept to grasp..!
It was socially unacceptable, social acceptance and morals are not mutually exclusive buddy, get it?! Now its socially acceptable, that is not to say everyone believes that its not immoral. I'm sure that Quakers would tell you they think its immoral, and in their society its not socially acceptable. The two are related but they are not dependant on one another. I know that is an advanced concept for you, and that you would like if it were much simpler but the reality is just that.

Actually you never said that in the last post about this. You actually said it harmed you and your children by the government saying it was "moral". Since the government supports STRAIGHT MARRIAGES I see no problem whatso ever to support GAY MARRIAGES. Why do we have a double standard? See the PROBLEM?! Its not that HARD!
Care to quote me on that one? I thought I said that I cannot in good conscience vote contrary to my beliefs. Like I keep saying, but you keep ignoring is that I beleive that the government should support no marriages, they should not call it marriage. But since that is not the issue on the ballot I will have to vote against what I believe is wrong. Wether or not you or anyone else thinks its wrong or right.

Ok, I'm wrong your right.
Its not up to us to decide what is wrong and right for ourselves and our society, its up to you and people like you to decide what is wrong and right and what our morals should be for us.

Last edited by deyes; 11-12-2004 at 11:58 AM.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:13 PM

Spelling! I think its wrong, I'm not stopping them from doing anything, to most that would mean I'm being very tolerant. How am I missing it if I stated it!? I didn't say ALL churches! WTF!? They are pushing their beliefs on me. Like I keep saying, the government should have nothing to do with marriage. Its a shame it does.
Yes you are stopping them from getting married. The whole freaking argument is about that.

How exactly is it constraining them again? Like I said by definition a civil union is a marriage. WTF!? "In this issue as is usual with most civil issues you vote for what is right not just what you believe." You are too much!LOL! IF YOU BELIEVE IT IS RIGHT THEN THAT IS WHAT YOU BELIEVE. NO ONE CAN TELL YOU WHAT TO BELIEVE, THAT IS UP TO YOU. Can someone please explain this to him. So if people like me ruled time would have stopped? Do you think I'm a racist? You do know I'm a minority, as well as a first generation American. I was not even born in America.
You do know I'm a minority and a immigrant to the US, also your point? That doesn't change one bit that you are intolerant of others. Your beliefs can be wrong and they are. Sheesh you still believe its a choice.

Please point me to this irrefutable evidence that homosexuality is not a lifestyle choice, and instead has some genetic cause so that I may be enlightened and delivered from the dark ages OH WISE ONE!
You wanted scientific proof well here you go.

http://www.viewzone.com/homosexual.html
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...gayanimal.html
http://www.emperor-penguin.com/gay-penguins.html
http://www.salon.com/it/feature/1999...featurea3.html
http://www.emergence.qc.ca/mariage_a...20040424_7.htm

Want more stuff? If you know anything about what drives a spieces, no animal would be gay. Since it goes complete against everything they are. The number one drive in a population is to have children and pass on your genes. Why would animals "choose" to take themselves out of this. They wouldn't, hence besides the fact that homosexuals have different sized hypothalamus and express genes differently, it is not a choice. Maybe if you actually read up on a issue like this you wouldn't make stupid comments.

I'm not asking you to care, thats my business. How again am I imposing my morals on someone? I thought that this was about rights, I want them to have those rights!?
If you want them to have those rights why make it illegal to get married by a church? You are imposing your morals and trying to make it a law, which hence imposes on there rights. 1+1=2 get it!?

OK! Lets get back to reality here. I thought we all chose what our morals were? So I decide for them, who decides for me?
Yes you choose your own morals, but your trying to choose other peoples morals by not letting them get married by the church.

Thats right, perceptions have changed not the Bibles teachings though. Morals have changed, but not every ones. Societies moral say that everyone should have the same rights. I'm for that, I simply believe that the government should keep out of marriage and stick to rights. Let them marry whom they please but keep it out of the government. Have you even read my other posts? I think the government should stop calling it marriage for everyone, and just give everyone the same rights. That way we don't have to compromise our morals to make sure everyone has equal rights.
So you agree that Societies morals have changed? Yet you say the Bibles teachings have not? Sigh,
I understand that they are "different", and as far as pushing my beliefs on them this has turned into a case of them pushing their beliefs on me, and them losing. People are constantly trying to take away my rights, but these rights that we are "taking away" are rights that have never been in this country. No man has had the right to marry another man in this country and likewise women. Are we going to start giving them that right? It seems the answer is no.
I sure have read your other posts.

It was socially unacceptable, social acceptance and morals are not mutually exclusive buddy, get it?! Now its socially acceptable, that is not to say everyone believes that its not immoral. I'm sure that Quakers would tell you they think its immoral, and in their society its not socially acceptable. The two are related but they are not dependant on one another. I know that is an advanced concept for you, and that you would like if it were much simpler but the reality is just that.
So some people find it morally alright to eat other people. Does that make there morals right?

Care to quote me on that one? I thought I said that I cannot in good conscience vote contrary to my beliefs. Like I keep saying, but you keep ignoring is that I beleive that the government should support no marriages, they should not call it marriage. But since that is not the issue on the ballot I will have to vote against what I believe is wrong. Wether or not you or anyone else thinks its wrong or right.

I teach my children its wrong, that marriage is for a man and a woman. Thats my right, thats my prerogative. I raise my children as I see fit, the government nor anyone else should have a say in it. That said how am I too vote to allow it when I believe its wrong and teach my children its wrong? I'm not a bigot, but I do think marriage is sacred and a sexual relationship between people of the same sex is wrong.

Ok, I'm wrong your right.
Its not up to us to decide what is wrong and right for ourselves and our society, its up to you and people like you to decide what is wrong and right and what our morals should be for us.
Actually I am right on this issue and you are wrong. I hope after you read those articles you will come to that conclusion that you are wrong. How many homosexual friends do you have? Proably none knowning your stance, go meet some you might be suprised and see that they are normal people just like you and I. And sometimes you can't even tell which ones are gay.
Old 11-12-2004, 02:18 PM

Car Info: Stock Legacy Turbo Wagon Silver
Yes you are stopping them from getting married. The whole freaking argument is about that.
I'm not stopping them from getting married in a church that allows it. We are arguing about what the government calls it my friend.

Marriage
"A union between two persons having the customary but usually not the legal force of marriage: a same-sex marriage."

Like I said by definition a civil union is a marriage.

You do know I'm a minority and a immigrant to the US, also your point? That doesn't change one bit that you are intolerant of others. Your beliefs can be wrong and they are. Sheesh you still believe its a choice.
My point is that you keep comparing me to those that would deprive minorities their civil rights. I keep telling you gays should have those rights. You are intolerant too. My beliefs can be wrong? To whom? Yours are wrong to me. Wrong, right. That is a relative issue, there is no set wrong and right for everyone each individual sets those standards for themselves. I hate to sound like a broken record but again, WE DECIDE WHAT IS WRONG AND RIGHT FOR OURSELVES.

You wanted scientific proof well here you go.

http://www.viewzone.com/homosexual.html
A lot of conclusions and speculation, nothing irrefutable.

Some other articles from the viewzone.

"A Weapon of Total Destruction was built in the Alaskan wilderness by the US military. Called "HAARP" it is based on Tesla's "death ray" and is capable of incredible destructive power."

" More Underground Cities are being constructed in the rugged mountains of Russia. U.S. Officials openly worry that Russia has a secret agenda."

From the national geographic article:

"In other words, if the urge to have sex is strong enough it may spill over into nonreproductive sex, as suggested by the actions of the bonobos and macaques. However, as Dunbar admits, there's a long way to go before the causes of homosexuality in humans are fully understood.

He said, "Nobody's really investigated this issue thoroughly, because it's so politically sensitive. It's fair to say all possibilities are still open."

What does this have to do with humans being born gay? Its a study on animal behavior specifically non reproductive sexual behavior.

From the emperor penguin website:

"We're here, we're queer,
we're penguins"

Lol! You're an idiot.

More conclusions drawn from wild animal behavior!? You can't do anything better than that? Maybe you don't know the definition of irrefutable?

Your argument is nothing less than pathetic.

"The gay wild kingdom Yes, some animals are homosexual, and studies of rams and zebra
finches suggest that sexual orientation is established very early
in development."

Want more stuff? If you know anything about what drives a spieces, no animal would be gay. Since it goes complete against everything they are. The number one drive in a population is to have children and pass on your genes. Why would animals "choose" to take themselves out of this. They wouldn't, hence besides the fact that homosexuals have different sized hypothalamus and express genes differently, it is not a choice. Maybe if you actually read up on a issue like this you wouldn't make stupid comments.
Please no more stuff! I think you should keep your fetishes to yourself from now on. If you choose to believe that then fine. I don't see any of the information that you presented as being proof, they are unproved theories at best.

If you want them to have those rights why make it illegal to get married by a church? You are imposing your morals and trying to make it a law, which hence imposes on there rights. 1+1=2 get it!?
Like I said its about rights, civil unions give them those rights. If they get married in a church that allows that then fine! I'd vote for a law that removes the word marriage from the governments vocabulary personally! Leave marriage to churches, give everyone the same rights.

Yes you choose your own morals, but your trying to choose other peoples morals by not letting them get married by the church.
How again am I stopping them from being married in a church that allows it? Oh, thats right. I'm not! ????????????

So you agree that Societies morals have changed? Yet you say the Bibles teachings have not? Sigh,
I sure have read your other posts.
Societies, peoples, yes we are in agreement. No the bibles teachings have not, just peoples perceptions of those teachings as you said. Those are great quotes of mine! They didn't have anything to do with proving your point about me saying it harmed me and my children, but since your in the habit of not making points. Thanks for that!

So some people find it morally alright to eat other people. Does that make there morals right?
It makes their morals not my morals. Over and over again I have to beat you in the head with it. Right is relative to ones beliefs! If they thinks its alright to eat people or spoon eachother than whatever. That does not mean its alright with me.

Actually I am right on this issue and you are wrong. I hope after you read those articles you will come to that conclusion that you are wrong. How many homosexual friends do you have? Proably none knowning your stance, go meet some you might be suprised and see that they are normal people just like you and I. And sometimes you can't even tell which ones are gay.
You are a piece of work. To you, you=right. To me, me=right. Its relative. If you were hoping to sway anyone with those article you are delusional. Once again you hurt your cause with your arguments. I have very few homosexual friends, but not none. I live in CA man! Yeah, I'm not easily surprised about who is gay. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything but a lot of what you say is along those lines.

Last edited by deyes; 11-12-2004 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:41 PM

Thumbs down

A lot of conclusions and speculation, nothing irrefutable.
Some other articles from the viewzone.
"A Weapon of Total Destruction was built in the Alaskan wilderness by the US military. Called "HAARP" it is based on Tesla's "death ray" and is capable of incredible destructive power."
" More Underground Cities are being constructed in the rugged mountains of Russia. U.S. Officials openly worry that Russia has a secret agenda."

From the national geographic article:
"In other words, if the urge to have sex is strong enough it may spill over into nonreproductive sex, as suggested by the actions of the bonobos and macaques. However, as Dunbar admits, there's a long way to go before the causes of homosexuality in humans are fully understood.
He said, "Nobody's really investigated this issue thoroughly, because it's so politically sensitive. It's fair to say all possibilities are still open."

What does this have to do with humans being born gay? Its a study on animal behavior specifically non reproductive sexual behavior.
From the emperor penguin website:
"We're here, we're queer,
we're penguins"

Lol! You're an idiot.
More conclusions drawn from wild animal behavior!? You can't do anything better than that? Maybe you don't know the definition of irrefutable?
Your argument is nothing less than pathetic.
"The gay wild kingdom Yes, some animals are homosexual, and studies of rams and zebra
finches suggest that sexual orientation is established very early
in development."

Please no more stuff! I think you should keep your fetishes to yourself from now on. If you choose to believe that then fine. I don't see any of the information that you presented as being proof, they are unproved theories at best.

Forget the rest of the stuff, what you just said here boogles my mind!!!!! My bachelors is in Mirco Cell biology. I worked in a lab for over TWO years in UT. We had meetings with other groups and there studies. And your telling me there is no corelation between animals and humans?! Thats why THOUSANDS of studies are done a year on animals and are then corelated to how HUMANS work?! Especially the mind!!!!! YOU DID NOT DISPROVE ANY OF THOSE ARTICLES. On top of that you didn't say anything on the difference between the hypothalamus of a straight person vs a gay person. You do know people get dissected, and if irregularities are found it usually means that is the cause of something. Amazing, really that is the fondation of what science is based on! So come on explain to me moron of the year what is the cause for homosexuals to have different sized hypothalamus than straight individuals? Why is it that homosexuality is both in the Homo sapiens and other spieces around the world. How come they also have different sized hypothalamus? On the first article you didn't even argue any of the points he made. I no longer have access to science journal online or I would of brought up the article by Dr. Barry Kosofsky. Or other scientist that are studying this. You are a dumbass. Jesus, if I can't use animals and I can't use humans to show you that it isn't a choice. What would I have to do?! Do you want me to say that "god told me it wasn't a choice?" What the **** is wrong with you? You in one single notion discredited thousands if not millions of studies that corelate humans with animals. Good job.
Old 11-12-2004, 04:03 PM

In my utter astonishment I forgot to mention a couple of other things. Animals are driven to reproduce to pass on there genes. It goes against what nature wants them to do if they are gay. Hence if it was a choice they would reproduce with the opposite sex. So you are discrediting this entirley, by saying woohoo some animals are gay. While in fact it corelates very well to humans. Also this shows exactly what type of person you are. You are ignoring facts, and going with god knows what to make your case to yourself. Next time when you try to debate with someone about this subject make sure they didn't at one point in time make a living doing research...
Oh and being gay isn't a "fetish". And since you said you have gay friends, which I strongly doubt, do they know that you think there life style is not only immoral but wrong and that they are pushing there beliefs to you? I seriously doubt you have any gay friends at all. All my gay friends that I have wouldn't talk to you after they found out what you thought about them. Hence either you're hiding who you are to these people or your lying.

Last edited by Unregistered; 11-12-2004 at 04:06 PM.
Old 11-12-2004, 04:24 PM

In my utter astonishment I forgot to mention a couple of other things. Animals are driven to reproduce to pass on there genes. It goes against what nature wants them to do if they are gay. Hence if it was a choice they would reproduce with the opposite sex.
This makes no sense at all. Does this mean that suicide is not a choice, murder is not a choice, etc, because if they could choose they would remain alive to reproduce? What on earth makes it impossible to choose something that is bad for you?

I don't think the question about homosexual marriage should be about choice. Choice doesn't matter. But that doesn't mean that there is no choice. There isn't one scientific study that proves that ANYTHING is chosen, much less that homosexuality is NOT chosen.

Quick Reply: Anti-Abortion Logic