Pulling Right, '13 STI -- Common causes & damage points?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 08:28 PM

Car Info: 2013 wrx sti lmtd
Pulling Right, '13 STI -- Common causes & damage points?

Started pulling hard right. Dont remember hitting anything too hard: pot holes, curbs, speed bumps,...Just standard hard driving and a little track time.
Doing general research reading install threads and getting up speed on what it should look like.

Anyone have advice on the common damage points or typical causes for pulling? It tracked so nice and now will jump a lane in 50-75 yards at fwy speed.

Figured I'd get it on stands and pull the wheels off to check it out first and see what I can find rather than just handing it too the shop/dealer.

Thanks for any responses!!
Old 08-08-2014, 12:26 PM

Car Info: 2013 WRX
I think the best thing to do is to start by making sure your car's alignment didn't shift or change. Start troubleshooting if you are not able to zero out your toe (and you were able to in the past) or if you aren't able to align the front axle with the rear axle (and you were able to in the past) OR if you check your car's alignment and it is exactly where it should be and you're still pulling: then I might start checking your tires for uneven wear or your bushings for something loose? or look for excessive play?

bottom line: check your car's alignment