endlink question

Old 07-03-2014, 02:20 PM

Car Info: 2014 WRX
endlink question

Hey guys
I recently installed 24mm adjustable rear sways + kartboy endlinks on my 2014 wrx. I used the softest setting, but just couldn't get the endlink to stay upright. No matter where I place the spacers the endlinks always lean a little bit towards the front of the car. I just checked last night and looks like the bushings popped out a little. Will this be an issue? should I just use the 24mm hole since it's more aligned with the endlink? thanks in advance!!
Attached Thumbnails endlink question-2014-07-02-22.50.43.jpg  
Old 07-06-2014, 04:05 AM

Car Info: 2010 WRX
you will most likely need a new end link. if it can be salvaged and doesn't pop all the way out, adjust it to the next hole and take her for a test drive. what kind of bar are you using, what will the car be used for, etc. riding it like that would cause further damage.
Old 07-27-2014, 05:08 PM

Car Info: WRX
Your current picture shows you put both spacers toward the rear of the car; therefore, the endlink cannot stand upright.

Notice there are two different sized spacers? One goes to the front and the other to the rear. If i recall... small to front. Also make sure the dimple on the endlink is facing toward the ground.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:25 PM

I tried that with the thicker spacer towards the rear of the car, but that made the endlink lean forward a lot. That's why I ended up putting both spacers towards the back. I ended up just using the medium setting (24mm). Seems fine so far
Old 08-08-2014, 12:39 PM

Car Info: 2013 WRX
I have an eibach rear sway bar w/ kartboy endlinks on my 2013 wrx hatch
my kb endlinks do the same thing, I don't know if I would call it an issue, so much as a design flaw... granted it's tough to design end links to fit a wide range of sway bars and KB end links are about as beefy you can go without getting spherical bearing/solid end links.
The hard poly bushing will get chewed up over time due to the angle it's forced to keep, once the bushing is chewed up, you'll want to replace them to maintain the same performance, otherwise your sway bar will have excessive play and won't be able to do it's job.
KB endlinks are great, super beefy, but because of their design and fitment, replacing chewed up bushings are probably going to be a regular thing...

Kartboy if you're reading this: some offset bushings or more bushing options (like some that can last longer) would be nice!
Old 08-20-2014, 05:57 PM

that makes a lot of sense... ty

Originally Posted by iforgettopee
I have an eibach rear sway bar w/ kartboy endlinks on my 2013 wrx hatch
my kb endlinks do the same thing, I don't know if I would call it an issue, so much as a design flaw... granted it's tough to design end links to fit a wide range of sway bars and KB end links are about as beefy you can go without getting spherical bearing/solid end links.
The hard poly bushing will get chewed up over time due to the angle it's forced to keep, once the bushing is chewed up, you'll want to replace them to maintain the same performance, otherwise your sway bar will have excessive play and won't be able to do it's job.
KB endlinks are great, super beefy, but because of their design and fitment, replacing chewed up bushings are probably going to be a regular thing...

Kartboy if you're reading this: some offset bushings or more bushing options (like some that can last longer) would be nice!