Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

KYB AGX fitments on 02-03 WRX wagon

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 05:03 PM

Car Info: 04 GGA+
Within factory spec is a pretty broad range for camber - it can be slightly negative to even positive and still be within spec. The issue w/ most sedan struts on wagons is too much positive camber- which negatively impacts performance. Static camber up front w/ performance in mind should be -1.0 +.

Gaining positive camber in the rear isn't near the issue and actually gaining some positive camber in the rear can help w/ overall handling. Thus the reason many go w/ GC fronts and GD rears- increases neg camber up front, decreases neg camber in the rear.

Big Sky
Old 09-02-2004, 05:05 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx wagon
Originally Posted by jeffreylbennett
Well Kids, I don't know how much different the sedan and wagon front struts are, but what I can tell you is that I just installed all 4 KYB AGX's on my 02' wrx wagon.

I ordered the 4 corner kit from Oakos.com, and combined them with Tein S-Tech springs. The install went fine, and after a couple days I had the local tire place do a 4-wheel alignment. They put the camber and toe back whithin our factory specs with NO ISSUSES.

Now would there be camber issues if I were to use the stock springs? I don't know. All I can say is this: These Struts are awsome!!! Great upgrade, and unless you plan on rallying the wagon... why not lower it a bit.

So Wagon owners...... you CAN use the KYB AGX's made for the 02-03 sedan, just put on some new springs.

Enjoy.
thanks this puts my mind at ease all this talk of bad fittment after i already purchased my shocks and springs kinda scared me. im sure that im not the only wagon owner thats relieved as well.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:22 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
the GC8 agxs are crazy adjustment
Old 09-05-2004, 02:17 PM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by sigma pi
the GC8 agxs are crazy adjustment
I can tell you from personal experience that the GD AGX do not work well on the GD chassis (2002 in my case) with stock springs. I can post pics if people are interested.

So, in conclusion it looks like you can use the GD AGX on the GD chassis as long as you don't use the stock springs.

Tim
Old 09-14-2004, 02:48 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon
When I said "Within the Factory Specs", I suppose I wasn't to specific.

I'm running -0.2 up front and -1 in the rear.
Not very aggressive, but I don't autocross.

I DO think these KYB's are amazing though, and the 1-4 adgustments make a real difference. I've been running setting 3 all around, but it's a bit TOO MUCH for these Crappy Detroit Roads.

Did you try to get more negative camber in front? If that's the most you can get, then the struts are definitely longer than stock and not allowing you the max adjustment range. Most people that drive the WRX hard like more negative camber up front and less in the rear. Something like -1.5 front and -1.0 rear for aggressive street/sport. Autocross and track drivers will probably have more than -2 degrees up front using camber plates.
Old 12-04-2004, 03:17 PM

Car Info: civic
Originally Posted by Silver arrow
5 degrees seems alot on the front.

it's 0.5
Old 02-03-2016, 09:13 AM

Car Info: 2003 Subaru Wrx
Kyb agx

Well Kids, I don't know how much different the sedan and wagon front struts are, but what I can tell you is that I just installed all 4 KYB AGX's on my 02' wrx wagon.

I ordered the 4 corner kit from Oakos.com, and combined them with Tein S-Tech springs. The install went fine, and after a couple days I had the local tire place do a 4-wheel alignment. They put the camber and toe back whithin our factory specs with NO ISSUSES.

Now would there be camber issues if I were to use the stock springs? I don't know. All I can say is this: These Struts are awsome!!! Great upgrade, and unless you plan on rallying the wagon... why not lower it a bit.

So Wagon owners...... you CAN use the KYB AGX's made for the 02-03 sedan, just put on some new springs.

Enjoy.
Do you have any pictures of your car with this setup? And how well is the driving capability for dailydrivers? Was there any issue with installment of thw agx on your wagon?
Old 02-03-2016, 09:38 AM
Call me Pebbles

Car Info: Moist
Originally Posted by Sigoofyde
Do you have any pictures of your car with this setup? And how well is the driving capability for dailydrivers? Was there any issue with installment of thw agx on your wagon?
Hey, bud. Welcome to the site.

Just a heads up, that post was made 11 and half years ago so I wouldn't hold my breath on a response.