Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Front wheel bearing going bad?

Old 05-28-2015, 08:25 AM

Car Info: subaru
Front wheel bearing going bad?

Guys in slight right turns only I can hear a noise coming from the front right wheel. Almost sounds like my brakes are rubbing. It's not the brakes. I have check all the ball joints and tie rod ends which are both whiteline and installed less the a year ago. Can this be a front wheel bearing starting to go out? Only happens on right turns only then goes way when going straight. I thought It was the axle at first so I replaced the axle but the noise is still there. Let me know what you guys think. This is on my 02 wrx with an 04 sti drive train swap I have had on the car for 4 years now.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:04 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
I'd guess wheel bearings or CV. Same symptoms, both have happened to me. Since you've replaced the axles, that only leaves...
Old 06-10-2015, 06:59 PM

Car Info: WRX 06
Yup sounds like a wheel bearing, had the same exact symptoms, kinda like a wobbling rubbing noise, ended up being my front right wheel bearing. Theyre pretty cheap, Just take out the hub and a machine shop could press it out and press in the new one for you around 40-60 bucks.