You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
02/03 Eibach WRX Wagon Springs on an 04/05 WRX Wagon
I just thought I would share my experience with lowering my 2004 WRX wagon.
* Eibach Pro-Kit for 2002/2003 WRX Wagon, PN: 7711.140
* Eibach Camber Bolts for the rear struts. Subaru gives you camber bolts stock in the fron, and I suppose you could get the Subaru factory camber bolts for the rear as well, but the Eibach bolts are probably cheaper.
* Rear tophats from a MY02 or MY03 sedan or wagon, and the plastic tube strut shaft cover that mates to the rear tophat. I did not get these so I am sure that once I rally in the dirt for a while my rear struts will get dirty. Oh well, I will replace them with some KYB struts or something.
Tools to make the install easier:
* Air compressor + impact gun.
* short and long socks 12mm-19mm
* Big *** breaker bar
* torque wrench
* white out pen or silver pen for front camber bolt re-alignment
* Jack and 2 jack stands, factory jack worked fine for me.
* A couple friends to help and hang out with. They are they best!
A couple of hours later, you will be D\/D\ your ride:
One question I have though, is the rear seems lower then it should be but I think it has to do with the rear tophat design changed in the 04+ WRX so its more of a solid piece the 2 discs.
sweet! I'm thinking about doing the same thing (02/03 prodrives + rear tops + kybs) for my 04 wagon. So how's it ride?
I absolutely love it, though my camber is off and I dont like it. I didn't know what to get it set to, so I trusted my alignment guys judgement. Now I am running -0.8 in the front, and -1.6 in the rear. In a couple weeks I am going to have him change it to -1.0 on all 4 corners.
Do your reserach on the KYB's, you will either have to get ones for an 02/03 WRX wagon, or front struts for an 02/03 WRX and rears for a GC8 wagon (what ever that is ;P ).