Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

will i pass SMOG with this set up or do i need to find a smog plug

Old 03-13-2011, 11:22 PM

Car Info: white 03 wrx
will i pass SMOG with this set up or do i need to find a smog plug

2003 wrx with 2007 usdm sti shortblock 03heads td04 turbo stock downpipe, stock muffler, spt intake, TGV DELETES. the tgv deletes set off the cobb accessport CEL and i always have to turn it back off. is cobb accessport even okay? this is a hybrid engine build in my 2003 wrx so i think the cobbaccessport HAS to be operating for it to run properly. will the TGV deletes and the COBB AP affect the smog check even if i have my oem turbo and oem downpipe and muffler installed properly? i think its on a custom vf34 tune still from gst even though i swapped it all back to stock. i have a smog plug / connect for as cheap as 110 so im not that worried if it doesnt pass. id just like to legally pay the 50 dollar smog check if you guys think this setup will pass first or second try normally. i have je pistons thats the only thing out of spec for the 2007 sti sb but i dont think the smog tech will notice those or if they are even an issue lol
Old 03-13-2011, 11:23 PM

i need a smog check paper in order to pay registration so im wondering if my current setup will pass or if it will be a waste of my money to go check i will hit up my viet plug.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:25 PM

Car Info: 2002 BRP 2.5RS
Tell the DMV you got the dopest shiii evah and show dem yo hundidz in giph cardz. They'll let you slide
Old 03-13-2011, 11:28 PM

Car Info: 06 OBP STI
Originally Posted by freshrex
2003 wrx with 2007 usdm sti shortblock 03heads td04 turbo stock downpipe, stock muffler, spt intake, TGV DELETES. the tgv deletes set off the cobb accessport CEL and i always have to turn it back off. is cobb accessport even okay? this is a hybrid engine build in my 2003 wrx so i think the cobbaccessport HAS to be operating for it to run properly. will the TGV deletes and the COBB AP affect the smog check even if i have my oem turbo and oem downpipe and muffler installed properly? i think its on a custom vf34 tune still from gst even though i swapped it all back to stock. i have a smog plug / connect for as cheap as 110 so im not that worried if it doesnt pass. id just like to legally pay the 50 dollar smog check if you guys think this setup will pass first or second try normally. i have je pistons thats the only thing out of spec for the 2007 sti sb but i dont think the smog tech will notice those or if they are even an issue lol
Cant scam DMV gl tho only a pro can
Old 03-13-2011, 11:31 PM

Car Info: DGM BRZ
Originally Posted by burnyou2
Tell the DMV you got the dopest shiii evah and show dem yo hundidz in giph cardz. They'll let you slide
Haha as funny as the threads have been, help him out a bit. He may not deserve it but let's be a bit better than he is. To the OP, freshrex, dude when you try to scam the hell out of the community and you talk **** about peoples cars without knowing the person or the car, you should know better than to expect people to take you seriously and try to help you out. Fix your attitude and your "baller" status because nobody buys it. You're a daddys boy. What you need to do is get off the dam cloud you're on and get your **** straight.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:37 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by StiJdm831
Cant scam DMV gl tho only a pro can
Old 03-14-2011, 04:06 AM

call me pro then. and who did i ever scam for the record? no one. and im no ones boy im fully grown 6'5' and can step on u probably
Old 03-14-2011, 04:07 AM

i dont need anyone to buy my baller status...... because I BOUGHT THAT STATUS. i am the one who pays for my lifestyle so i can chill at that level all day if i wish.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:08 AM

any tips or just trolling still????
Old 03-14-2011, 07:33 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
any tips or just trolling still????
You're not going to get legit answers when you act like a ****ing ******* to a lot of people of here. You only get out what you put in.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:30 AM

Car Info: Foz
call me pro then. and who did i ever scam for the record? no one. and im no ones boy im fully grown 6'5' and can step on u probably
I wouldn't **** with burnyou2 I sold him a bike rack a little while back and he looks a little bigger and looks a little tougher than you, no offense just saying know who u talkin to before u go off on someone.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:02 AM

Car Info: 2004 WW Evo RS
This guy is a TOOl....... You really think being 6'5" makes a difference? I personally like smashing bigger guys, alot easier target! If you really think size matters, I guess you you never been in a fight.......
Old 03-14-2011, 09:21 AM

Car Info: 7 Series "Sport"
Originally Posted by SeaOfGreen
This guy is a TOOl....... You really think being 6'5" makes a difference? I personally like smashing bigger guys, alot easier target! If you really think size matters, I guess you you never been in a fight.......
Hah.. While I agree to some extent - at some point (skill) the laws of physics take over.. Hence weight classes..

@ the OP. Depends on how hacked up everything is.. The CEL is an automatic fail. The more aftermarket crap a tech finds connected / laying around - the less likely they are to pass you.. As you sit now - most likely fail.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:28 AM

Car Info: 2004 WW Evo RS
Originally Posted by Bouncer
Hah.. While I agree to some extent - at some point (skill) the laws of physics take over.. Hence weight classes..

@ the OP. Depends on how hacked up everything is.. The CEL is an automatic fail. The more aftermarket crap a tech finds connected / laying around - the less likely they are to pass you.. As you sit now - most likely fail.
Weight classes for a legit fight, that's different story! Street fight is a whole different story.......
Old 03-14-2011, 09:29 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX- MBP
you can still pay your registration to avoid late fees.. but u will not get a sticker till u have a smog. Just and FYI, since late fees for the DMV are $$$

i need a smog check paper in order to pay registration so im wondering if my current setup will pass or if it will be a waste of my money to go check i will hit up my viet plug.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: will i pass SMOG with this set up or do i need to find a smog plug