Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

TV show murdered an sti

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 08:20 PM

TV show murdered an sti

so here i am watching tv when i see the show tunner transformation i am like cool they are working on a suby sti. then i keep watching and they get rid of the sti hood scoop for a sleeper look and put a front mount intercooler on it. YOU CANT GET RID OF A STI HOOD SCOOP its just not a true sti with out that huge bad a** hood scoop.

Ferrucci
Old 06-08-2004, 08:29 PM
VIP Member

Location: Are you too one of the few still living the past? Well I can change that! With a simple wicket. Yes, my friend, a wicket. PM for details.
Car Info: No car right now....sob.
Originally Posted by kindil
so here i am watching tv when i see the show tunner transformation i am like cool they are working on a suby sti. then i keep watching and they get rid of the sti hood scoop for a sleeper look and put a front mount intercooler on it. YOU CANT GET RID OF A STI HOOD SCOOP its just not a true sti with out that huge bad a** hood scoop.

Ferrucci
i'm not sure that is entirely true. i would get of rid of the huge scoop for a front mounted intercooler in a heartbeat. but, as you clearly appear, not everyone likes the sleeper look. same goes with the wing, looks like it is about ready for takeoff!
Old 06-08-2004, 08:49 PM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan
I think it turned out great. I would've went with a painted Carbon Fiber hood and trunk lid. Is the owner of this car on iclub? Maybe he should chime in as to whether or not it was ruined.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
yea i posted about this same subject in the BAIC. i was wondering the same thing if he was on the forums he seemed to know wht he was talking about.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:31 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX
I hated the way the STI turned out to be. I mean, I hate the fact that people always call fast cars, that are actually fast, ricers just because they have a big spoiler. I just don't see the point of making a car a sleeper. In my opinion, the BIG hood scoop is what gives the STI the it's mean defining look. In the WRC rally car, it's the sweet STI Rally hood. I just don't like the plain RS look they gave the STI.

lol...done venting.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Originally Posted by Wutzdatbehindu
I hated the way the STI turned out to be. I mean, I hate the fact that people always call fast cars, that are actually fast, ricers just because they have a big spoiler. I just don't see the point of making a car a sleeper. In my opinion, the BIG hood scoop is what gives the STI the it's mean defining look. In the WRC rally car, it's the sweet STI Rally hood. I just don't like the plain RS look they gave the STI.

lol...done venting.

lol, the hoodscoop is only on the WRC car for marketing reasons now. WRC uses a front mount, so the hoodscoop is only there to sell cars.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:16 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
I like the hoodscoop on my WRX, but if I ever go FMIC, I'm getting rid of the hoodscoop altogether. I would do the same to an STi
Old 06-09-2004, 12:43 AM
VIP Member

I think the hood scoop makes the car. One of the most distinguishing features of a wrx/sti is the hood scoop.
Old 06-09-2004, 06:47 AM

Car Info: www.tristatetuners.com
I think that the WRC car doesnt even use the STi scoop, I think they use a wrx scoop for less aerodynamic drag.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:36 AM
Zee

Car Info: 04 White Aspen WRX
Originally Posted by kindil

Ferrucci
Hell Yeah!
Old 06-09-2004, 11:52 AM

Car Info: 98 RS
I think i would like to see pictures. Anyone have pics of the car?
Old 06-09-2004, 11:56 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002 Honda S2000
Originally Posted by t-wrexxx
I think that the WRC car doesnt even use the STi scoop, I think they use a wrx scoop for less aerodynamic drag.

I thought that too, But I think if you look closer you will see that it is a STi scoop, anyways it does serve a purpose, it sucks air into the engine bay for cooling.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:22 PM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan
It looks exactly like a silver 04 2.5RS with black STI rims. Oh yeah, and a nice FMIC.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:35 PM

Car Info: Black WRX
should have put the regular wrx spoiler, other then that sleeper look is great i think, man i want those BBS wheels
Old 06-09-2004, 01:33 PM

Car Info: 04 WRX STi - Aspen White
i love my STi wing and my STi scoop.
from what i have read adding a FMIC could result in more turbo lag (i am sure there is way to do it so that it does not increase turbo lag, [bigger turbo?] right?), is that worth is for getting rid of the hood scoop?
i say no way, but that is probably because i like the scoop.

I say the STi is a package, everythign from the wing, to the Brembos.
but in the end, it is about what each person likes, so do with your STi as you like it, you are the one that has to live with it.

i love the off yellow WRX color, is that a 02 color?

Quick Reply: TV show murdered an sti