My last "They didn't go moon trip".

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 03:39 PM

Car Info: 06 wrx
logic? whats logic??
Old 09-10-2007, 04:04 PM

Car Info: The Thundercougarfalconbird
Originally Posted by Ichinobu
Photo 1: The tracks are a single line which means that it probably was taking a cautious approach. Slow and steady looks like. the shadow covers up the line the tracks would be in front of the rear wheels.

You say slow and steady and cautious approach which removes your theory of dirt being kicked up.

In 2. you said

Photo 2: no obvious tracks behind the front wheels though i think they are there, but faint. Again, it can be a number of factors. How fast they were going, how cautious they were driving, did the wheels skid a bit?, how much loose dirt is underneath the tire compared to rock?, environmental conditions (weaker grav field, vacuum), what material were the tires made of? (apparently titanium chevrons for traction and the rest of it were woven steel strands) That'll probably explain the lack of tracks in some areas because metal tires won't make obvious tracks in shallow dirt.

You think they are faint and you bring up how fast they were going.
In 1. you said slow and cautions ???

weaker grav field, vacuum, oh the grav field changed?
what material were the tires made of? it's the same tire as before
That'll probably explain the lack of tracks in some areas because metal tires won't make obvious tracks in shallow dirt. the image shows the tracks in the lighter area and no tracks in the dense area of dirt.

While we are on the topic of faking:

If you claim not to be smart already, why not try to take a dynamics course or read a vehicle dynamics book? Enlighten y.......
and here you go off topic and bantering.

after reading through this I have no comment.
You start the convo saying not to believe in it saying its pretty much a flat-out laughable hoax, produce pictures from NASA saying the tracks are inconsistent, then you say it is a POS, and I oblige. Then you say you aren't smart and trying to learn so I oblige and go off topic and banter again.. I did say that I'm treating the pictures as different from the start of my analysis so I'm approaching every pic as a fresh approach. Thats why i'm giving different responses. Do you have a timestamp on those pics? The only thing you are doing is looking at my responses and just pointing out differences which is obvious because i'm treating the pics as different.

As for density of dirt or dirtpack, how do you know just by looking? Also Grav fields are not constant especially on the moon. It makes sense too since the moon is almost like an extra-large asteroid in orbit with the earth. Less mass = less gravity & crazy grav field.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_field_of_the_Moon
http://www.isas.ac.jp/e/forefront/20...ta/index.shtml

We assume that it is constant usually for ease of calculations.

Last edited by samurai; 09-10-2007 at 04:08 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious
lets get this going again

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_l...ing_experiment

if we never went, how are the mirrors on the moon so we can run this experiment.. since its been going for more then 35 years.

was it the Russians?

lol
that and the fact that the lunar rocks can't be easily replicated if at all.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:29 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious
this discussion is way over your head then

I apologize for bringing logic into an argument
logic:

reflectors =/= humans on teh moon

unmanned robots put them there for teh russians why couldnt we do the same?

so explain the vocab word
Old 09-10-2007, 04:32 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by samurai
that and the fact that the lunar rocks can't be easily replicated if at all.
thier tire tracks cant be reproduced easily either
Old 09-10-2007, 04:35 PM
9 to 5 mod

You start the convo saying not to believe in it saying its pretty much a flat-out laughable hoax, produce pictures from NASA saying the tracks are inconsistent, then you say it is a POS, and I oblige. Then you say you aren't smart and trying to learn so I oblige and go off topic and banter again.. I did say that I'm treating the pictures as different from the start of my analysis so I'm approaching every pic as a fresh approach. Thats why i'm giving different responses. Do you have a timestamp on those pics? The only thing you are doing is looking at my responses and just pointing out differences which is obvious because i'm treating the pics as different.

As for density of dirt or dirtpack, how do you know just by looking? Also Grav fields are not constant especially on the moon. It makes sense too since the moon is almost like an extra-large asteroid in orbit with the earth. Less mass = less gravity & crazy grav field.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_field_of_the_Moon
http://www.isas.ac.jp/e/forefront/20...ta/index.shtml

We assume that it is constant usually for ease of calculations.
i am thinking the cosistancy should be pretty liniar all the way down those tracks so i would expect tehm to be very similar for the picture where they stop

there are foot prints from teh astronaust walking around right were the tire would have gone so i would think it is
Old 09-10-2007, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by sigma pi
logic:

reflectors =/= humans on teh moon

unmanned robots put them there for teh russians why couldnt we do the same?

so explain the vocab word
There were no "robots" as we know them now back in the day because control system technology was still in its infancy. "Computers" were still mechanical and only monitoring systems could be operated remotely.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:39 PM
9 to 5 mod

sorry wrong nomanclature

bad vocab
Old 09-10-2007, 04:40 PM
9 to 5 mod

There were no "robots" as we know them now back in the day because control system technology was still in its infancy. "Computers" were still mechanical and only monitoring systems could be operated remotely.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunokhod_1
Old 09-10-2007, 04:45 PM

i am thinking the cosistancy should be pretty liniar all the way down those tracks so i would expect tehm to be very similar for the picture where they stop

there are foot prints from teh astronaust walking around right were the tire would have gone so i would think it is
But the moon's grav field is far from linear. The field is weak and fluctuates 50-100x more than earth's. I would think there would be a difference. The astronaut hopped so unless he dragged his feet from a less dense pack of dirt to a more dense pack of dirt, you can't really say that.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:47 PM

where is the US one? This just implies that the soviets made an autonomous rover quicker than we did.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:50 PM
9 to 5 mod

But the moon's grav field is far from linear. The field is weak and fluctuates 50-100x more than earth's. I would think there would be a difference. The astronaut hopped so unless he dragged his feet from a less dense pack of dirt to a more dense pack of dirt, you can't really say that.
so you are saying that the front tires were in a special place where they were less than 2lbs but teh whole treck up the MT it was aok ?

so a two foot line was in one of the less gravity fields
Old 09-10-2007, 04:52 PM
9 to 5 mod

where is the US one? This just implies that the soviets made an autonomous rover quicker than we did.
the masons have it
Old 09-10-2007, 04:52 PM

Car Info: Sline
Hey Ichinobo, those people, the 3 + astronauts, that you can watch walk into the rocket (my dad has with his own eyes), where do they go? Does their rocket just go into space, then secretly land in the middle of Nevada where no one can see them. They all unload, film a short movie of them in a bunker, then RE-TAKE OFF, go back in to space (this time unnoticed) then disappear into orbit then "come back" from the moon in their module and land in the ocean?

Oh I know, they don't Re-take off, they are launched with HUGE bungee cords so there is less to notice. That's it.

You have to cover all basis with your conspiracy theory. So tell me, where do they disappear to before they land in the ocean?
Old 09-10-2007, 05:02 PM
9 to 5 mod

orbited and landed tehy tapped the whole thing a month before

that way you dont have to launch and come back til its tim e

Quick Reply: My last "They didn't go moon trip".