Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by samurai
maybe they were simply going slower?
so slower = shallow and fast = deep?
Old 09-05-2007, 04:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 wrx wagon
Sooo... that would support my theory that the tracks might skip or the tracks might be not as visible.
If it launched airborne at a higher speed, sure. Grav field is much less than what you'd find on earth. There was an overhead video of an astronaut doing a wheelie.
so the rover landed flat like that AND that picture was taken right when it landed AND the rover did not slide at all from the force of the vehicle moving fast enough to launch?
Old 09-05-2007, 04:05 PM
9 to 5 mod

If it launched airborne at a higher speed, sure. Grav field is much less than what you'd find on earth. There was an overhead video of an astronaut doing a wheelie.
but there is video of the rover drivign

they dont get mad airborne that is needed to make that work
Old 09-05-2007, 04:06 PM

Here is a fresh angle though I'm sticking to my story about the tracks and the construction and the dirt.

I'm not a geological expert, but here is NASA's take on the "rocks were fabricated" theory and would probably debunk everything said here. There is literally no way to "fake" a moon rock.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast23feb_2.htm

The point of the most recent discussion is the missing tracks. Why are there inconsistencies in NASA photos of Apollo 15 LR's
Old 09-05-2007, 04:07 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by MVWRX
HA. I do know about 'taht'. I see a faint track in the earlier picture (post at 1pm), behind the right front tire towards the inboard side. In the 'moving' picture, dust is obscuring the area just behind the wheels, and other than that I see no print.

I suppose my point overall with this is that tracks left by feet and vehicles are variable everywhere, including the moon. The presence or absence of obvious tracks in these pictures cannot be used to proove or disproove that they were on the moon.

Furthermore, the most compeling evidence about the trip to the moon is listed in the myriad links posted early in this thread that debunk all of the hoax theories. The piece that most impresses me is the presence of laser reflectors on the moon in the exact locations that our astronauts landed and set up their stuff...both gov't and private entities have used the reflectors for measurments and research, and their existance is certain.
i see no tracks in either pic
Old 09-05-2007, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by shim022
so the rover landed flat like that AND that picture was taken right when it landed AND the rover did not slide at all from the force of the vehicle moving fast enough to launch?
Even if they wanted to say it was a instant shot. The photos before it indicated it had came to a full stop. These are pan photos. One taken after the other to capture the hole scene.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:12 PM

HA. I do know about 'taht'. I see a faint track in the earlier picture (post at 1pm), behind the right front tire towards the inboard side. In the 'moving' picture, dust is obscuring the area just behind the wheels, and other than that I see no print.

I suppose my point overall with this is that tracks left by feet and vehicles are variable everywhere, including the moon. The presence or absence of obvious tracks in these pictures cannot be used to proove or disproove that they were on the moon.

Furthermore, the most compeling evidence about the trip to the moon is listed in the myriad links posted early in this thread that debunk all of the hoax theories. The piece that most impresses me is the presence of laser reflectors on the moon in the exact locations that our astronauts landed and set up their stuff...both gov't and private entities have used the reflectors for measurments and research, and their existance is certain.
Why do you guys continue to evade the point of the missing tracks.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:13 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious
STUPID THEORY AHOY!

lets say nasa did fake the moon landing. Do you think with everything they did, down to the last detail, the one thing they would overlook would be the tire tracks?

why would they drag and drop the vehicles with a crane? why would they not have just drove or pushed the vehicles into position for the shots, which would create the tire tracks?

do you think that there is something odd about the moon, because..you know.. its not the earth, that causes tire tracks to disappear or be very faint?

If this was a conspiracy, I think they would have made sure there were tracks. They did land, so they don't care if they were there or not, they are missing for some odd reason, more then likely BECAUSE THEY WERE ON THE MOON!
oversight is my guess

you have a crew of 20 peeps to put the production on

they cant be perfect all the time something has to slip
Old 09-05-2007, 04:13 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by sigma pi
oversight is my guess

you have a crew of 20 peeps to put the production on

they cant be perfect all the time something has to slip
no way. They knew it would need to be perfect for everyone to buy it. There is no way they would have overlooked that.

no tracks =/= smoking gun
Old 09-05-2007, 04:17 PM
9 to 5 mod

he just got in the rover look at the foot prints

thats why there are no tracks yet
Old 09-05-2007, 04:19 PM
9 to 5 mod

no way. They knew it would need to be perfect for everyone to buy it. There is no way they would have overlooked that.

they dont have to be perfect

everyone is being told that we are on the moon from teh gov.

back in 69 im sure people wanted to believe we are better than the russians and why not believe this?
Old 09-05-2007, 04:19 PM

STUPID THEORY AHOY!

lets say nasa did fake the moon landing. Do you think with everything they did, down to the last detail, the one thing they would overlook would be the tire tracks?

why would they drag and drop the vehicles with a crane? why would they not have just drove or pushed the vehicles into position for the shots, which would create the tire tracks?

do you think that there is something odd about the moon, because..you know.. its not the earth, that causes tire tracks to disappear or be very faint?

If this was a conspiracy, I think they would have made sure there were tracks. They did land, so they don't care if they were there or not, they are missing for some odd reason, more then likely BECAUSE THEY WERE ON THE MOON!
As I stated before deceit is difficult to cover. These issue were of no concern to them in 1969 - 72 because the public could not scrutinize the photos like we can today.

This is no different than JPL evaluating the photos that their rover takes to understand the history of Mars. They study the anomalies and deduce what occured.

We are seeing photos after photos with rover movements without coorsponding tire tracks. That should not be.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:21 PM
9 to 5 mod

what is a smoking gun for you?
Old 09-05-2007, 04:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Wagon
Originally Posted by sigma pi
so slower = shallow and fast = deep?
depends on traction and the way the wheel grab the moon surface as well.

For hiking when you have more traction going uphill on the loose rock/sand stuff you hardly make a foot print =) vs people that doesn't know how to hike
Old 09-05-2007, 04:22 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by Ichinobu
We are seeing photos after photos with rover movements without coorsponding tire tracks. That should not be.

how do we not know? Have you been to mars?

I haven't

how do you know what should and should not be shown?

is it possible things work differently on different planets then they do here?

I think so.

Quick Reply: My last "They didn't go moon trip".