Eternal rest give unto them, O Lord. And let perpetual light shine upon them.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 04:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Eternal rest give unto them, O Lord. And let perpetual light shine upon them.

Due to a car accident just shy of 4 weeks ago, we lost my older brother Chris, my eldest sister Cleofe, my 13-yr-old niece Mahala and my brother-in-law Mark. Here is a brief description of the incident... http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=11082656 Three months ago, Chris moved down to Chula Vista (a suburb of San Diego) for better opportunities to help further his career. I had been living w/ him in Vallejo for the past 2 yrs. Cleofe, Mahala & Mark lovingly & selflessly welcomed him into their home. We all got to see one another a few times a year. We would head down to visit them or they would head up here to visit us. I could say much, much more but we don't have the space nor do I want to take up any more of your time. To say they will be missed by so many people is a HUGE understatement.

Below (in purple) is information from my younger brother, who asked me to forward it to my contact lists. I realize that many of you do not live anywhere near Vallejo, but you may have contacts that do live nearby. Please help us get the word out to those you know who might be able to support us in this endeavor while filling their bellies with some yummy grub. Since my schedule has been understandably hectic (a return trip to SD w/ my Mom, start of another fall quarter, etc.) since my "baby" bro forwarded me these details on Mon, I wasn't able to disseminate this in time for an event held yesterday, but today & next Mon are still good-to-go! Fyi: I'm looking into getting an event or two in the South Bay, where I lived for 16+ years and where I came to know several i-clubbers I consider my homeys.

Family & friends are planning a “Celebration of Life” memorial service in Vallejo, the city where Cleofe & Chris spent most of their early years, for those who couldn’t make it down to San Diego for the funeral of my departed 4 family members.

To help defray the cost for a service of this magnitude, the planning committee has scheduled a number of events where people can help w/ memorial donations.

Thursday, September 24th from 10AM until 10PM
Mountain Mike’s Pizza (Benicia)
2130 Columbus Parkway
Benicia, CA 94510

Monday, September 28th from 11AM until 9PM
Chevy’s Fresh Mex (Vallejo)
157 Plaza Drive
Vallejo, CA 94591

How it works is like this:
1. Tell your server that your party is here for the Lastrella-Saylor Memorial Donation Event
2. Enjoy the three F’s (family, friends, & food)
3. At the conclusion of your meal, place a copy of your receipt in the basket located near the reception station (it is IMPERATIVE that you follow this step as this is how the establishments will keep track of which tables are there for the event)

Note: Coupons will NOT be honored by both locales as Chevy’s will be donating 25% of net proceeds & Mountain Mike’s will donate 20%. Also Mountain Mike’s is 4 dine-in or carry-out ONLY.

Thank you in advance for those who plan on being there for support. My family & friends truly treasure your thoughtfulness from the bottom of our hearts.

Admin & Staff: If this thread is against forums rules, let me know ASAP.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:01 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Holy **** Cliff. I'm so sorry. That's just terrible.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:18 PM

Car Info: EQ Tuned Wagon ;)
i saw this on another forum when it first happened.. really sad to hear..
Old 09-24-2009, 05:32 PM

Car Info: '06 RBP Impreza 2.5i
Cliff, sorry to hear bro. If you need help setting a South Bay event, let me know and I'd be glad to lend a hand. Y'know the number, so please don't hesitate to call. May God continue to bless you and the family during these most difficult of times. Thoughts, prayers and my most sincere condolences.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:03 PM

Car Info: 2008 specB
Wow...sorry to hear this...My thoughts are with your family.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:28 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Condolences from me to your whole family and friends.