Site Suggestions and Feedback Submit your input and suggestions - help us make i-Club a better place.

Redirect

Old 08-28-2015, 10:45 AM

Car Info: 2006 STI
Yes, that is what i would like to know. Any Update/ETA on when the home page will return?
Old 08-28-2015, 11:41 AM
Administrator Emeritus

I was told yesterday a tech ticket was created to add Wordpress for our home page content. I have no estimate at this time, but will pass one along as soon as I'm updated.

Bob
Old 08-30-2015, 10:17 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Originally Posted by speedlimit
I was told yesterday a tech ticket was created to add Wordpress for our home page content. I have no estimate at this time, but will pass one along as soon as I'm updated.

Bob
What is wordpress and why is it being added to the front page? Can we just have the old front page back?
Old 08-31-2015, 04:43 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Hi,

"WordPress is a website creation tool, it's probably the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management system (or CMS) in existence today."

We are not on an island and it makes sense from a programming standpoint to have all IB websites on the same software versions. The old VB Advanced CMS was cumbersome, not very user friendly. The CMS on most IB sites is being changed to WordPress because of the description above. I guess the techs reached a point where they needed to remove the old code, unfortunately we were not told in advance. It should not be to long and we will have a home page back.

More importantly we need content to put on the home page. What does the community want to see on the home page? Thanks!

Bob
Old 08-31-2015, 08:25 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Originally Posted by speedlimit
we were not told in advance.
How can we change that?

Some transparency on future intentions would be nice as opposed to just changing things in the night.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:59 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
How can we change that?

Some transparency on future intentions would be nice as opposed to just changing things in the night.
We are in agreement. I have expressed the importance of communicating with the community, we'll see if they are able to do so in the future. Thanks!

Bob

Search this Thread