Site Suggestions and Feedback Submit your input and suggestions - help us make i-Club a better place.

Is My IP Blocked?

Old 09-11-2014, 07:32 PM

Car Info: Bugeye Wagon - VF39'd
Is My IP Blocked?

If I try to point my browser to i-club I get an error:

Google Chrome could not load the webpage because i-Club.com took too long to respond. The website may be down, or you may be experiencing issues with your Internet connection.
Check your Internet connection
Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.
Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.
If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server...
Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server: Go to Applications > System Preferences > Network > Advanced > Proxies and deselect any proxies that have been selected.
Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
However, as soon as I fire up my VPN I have no issues connecting. No browser changes at all, not even a reboot. So, is it possible that i-club is blocking my ip for some reason? (Happy to provide it via PM to a mod or admin.)
Old 09-12-2014, 04:35 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Hi,

There should not be any IP block on this end, please PM me your non VPN IP, thanks.

Bob
Old 09-12-2014, 08:59 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
I wonder if that's similar to this...

Name:  BqO48o8.png
Views: 11
Size:  47.7 KB

Only happens at work. I'm not about to call up IT because I can't surf i-club at work. But it seems to only ever be temporary. The last one lasted for about a week.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:24 AM

Car Info: Bugeye Wagon - VF39'd
Dunno. I tend to think it's an external issue because I can connect fine through the VPN. If I simply disconnect from the VPN server, even leaving the VPN software running, i-club times out. NO other changes at all.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:38 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
I wonder if that's similar to this...

Only happens at work. I'm not about to call up IT because I can't surf i-club at work. But it seems to only ever be temporary. The last one lasted for about a week.
Hi,

Is that a persistent error? Thanks.

Bob
Old 09-12-2014, 11:49 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
It's happened twice over the past 3 months. Each time it's lasted for about a week. The site is still up as I can proxy into it. But with the proxy I'm using, I can't log-in so I just to get lurk for a week.

It's also not limited to this site. It happens on other car forums as well. Not just Subaru forums. How many sites does IB operate? I don't remember which sites specifically. I'll have to take some notes the next time it happens.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:07 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Thanks, IB has somewhere around 100 automotive communities, please do note the sites where the problem appears.

Bob