Site Suggestions and Feedback Submit your input and suggestions - help us make i-Club a better place.

Having a Legacy Section and not just A general but maybe combine all the years

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 12:50 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Having a Legacy Section and not just A general but maybe combine all the years

If we could have a section where it was Legacy's and had the norm suspension engine power etc without years really separated (since its so few of us) I think it would be beneficial because I don't feel like posting something suspension related into the GD or GR chassis area fits. Nor do I want to really keep posting stuff up into the bay area section asking around for my buddy's. Any feedback I can get towards this? If anything I would be open to be sharking on that section too if we need a watch out.

This would grab more attention to that section for Legacy's because just having a general really doesn't catch the eye enough, yes this is impreza club but a good handful of us are LGT or legacy owners that may benefit from this. Hence my thread creation of a broken sway mount in the bay area section.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:07 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Hi and thank you for the suggestion. I'll review your request with the staff.

Bob..
Old 01-27-2012, 06:13 AM

Car Info: 2004 STI
Why not join a Legacy forum?
Old 01-27-2012, 08:16 AM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
Because he's a member of the community here! We want everyone to feel welcome and have a home, but I will agree that if you're looking for detailed Legacy-specific chassis information, the userbase here isn't that deep and you might want to look at a model-specific forum for that type of info in addition to hanging out with the local group here.

Trust me, I drive a 15 year old Legacy and have been hanging around Impreza forums for the last 10+ years, so it's not "Imprezas or bust", but content for alternate-chassis-specific tech questions is going to be low in the Impreza world.

Engine and power are already covered since they're not car-specific - so you're asking for suspension and interior/exterior tech forums for each "other" chassis.

Given the amount of traffic in the current Forester/Legacy sections, adding a lot of subforums will add complexity where it's maybe not required since there's not a lot of volume. For example, there are 9 posts in the Legacy General forum in the last 6+ months - how would breaking that out with 2-3 additional subforums, all with 1-3 posts, make that content easier to find for other users, as opposed to seeing all of the Legacy questions in a list?

Open to suggestions - but also don't want a main forum list that has 100 categories, some of which would look like ghost towns.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by jdblock
Why not join a Legacy forum?
I am part of LGT.com But it's not NorCal based so its hard to get people together and get info around it, not only that, I-Club is BAIC section that cut off and started a new site hence why the traffic is generally bay area, I can't just have a guy from SoCal or East Coast to come here see each other and literally look at issues or what not on the car easily. With having some posting on I-club it will help some owners here that want to stay local to it. I am on I-Club way more often than LGT because I can somehow find info here about some stuff no one on LGT really bothers to look at or even reply to. Only thing I have been able to successfully find EXACTS on that site is Keefe's posts on fitment with what offset etc.

Originally Posted by sybir
Because he's a member of the community here! We want everyone to feel welcome and have a home, but I will agree that if you're looking for detailed Legacy-specific chassis information, the userbase here isn't that deep and you might want to look at a model-specific forum for that type of info in addition to hanging out with the local group here.

Trust me, I drive a 15 year old Legacy and have been hanging around Impreza forums for the last 10+ years, so it's not "Imprezas or bust", but content for alternate-chassis-specific tech questions is going to be low in the Impreza world.

Engine and power are already covered since they're not car-specific - so you're asking for suspension and interior/exterior tech forums for each "other" chassis.

Given the amount of traffic in the current Forester/Legacy sections, adding a lot of subforums will add complexity where it's maybe not required since there's not a lot of volume. For example, there are 9 posts in the Legacy General forum in the last 6+ months - how would breaking that out with 2-3 additional subforums, all with 1-3 posts, make that content easier to find for other users, as opposed to seeing all of the Legacy questions in a list?

Open to suggestions - but also don't want a main forum list that has 100 categories, some of which would look like ghost towns.
I agree that the traffic that goes through there is not that much, personally I think with having some specifics might bring a bit more attention to that section.

Having a sub section within Legacy maybe such as suspension would help since the BP/BL models are specific and cannot relate to any other Subarus. (Except the front sway bar :P)

Maybe combining Power/Drivetrain for 08+ WRXs and 05-09 LGTs would be helpful and labeling it that way to encourage traffic of owners to there, since we all can relate to each other at this point having the STi and WRX combined doesn't make sense sometimes because there are a handful who do not know that the set up is different.

Just a couple suggestions for you guys and I would love feedback on top of this. I definitely agree with you Sybir just some additional stuff you know?

Last edited by Heedz; 01-27-2012 at 09:59 PM.