Profiled on 680 in Pleasanton - Sent to STATE REF.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:07 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Thumbs down Profiled on 680 in Pleasanton - Sent to STATE REF.

I was just pulled over on 680 in Pleasanton, I wasnt speeding or anything, the cop pulls me over and immediately explains that they are patrolling for street racers. I tell him that we were coming back from looking at wedding invitations and he says "well, this looks like a car used for street racing". The dude knew what he was looking for, when I pulled out my insurance he noticed my AP in the glovebox and starts questioning me "Is that for tuning??". I played it cool and told him it was for checking diagnostics.... but at that point I knew I was ****ed.

Next, he has me turn on the car and rev the engine. I idled it at 2k rpms and then shut it off at his request. After that, he asks me to pop the hood. He notices my CAI and strut tower bar. "Hmmm... sway bars, intake, exhaust, you sure look like a street racer to me!" he says with a smug remark. I tell him, no I dont street race, sir.

After all that I get back in the car and wait for him to run my stuff. He comes back with a free trip to the state ref! YAY!!! It was mainly due to my intake not having a CARB sticker because he didnt seem to mind my catless turboback (TXS with standard TXS axleback).

My car is a silver 04 STi, no tint, stock silver wheels and no stickers or body kit. The muffler is not angled or ricer so I was simply pulled over for the wing. What annoys me the most is that he says after I go to the ref, I can put the intake back on!! WTF?

I may sell the car when its back to stock. Only has 42k miles... any takers?
Old 03-28-2009, 10:11 PM

Car Info: 2007 Impreza Wagon
I hate dealing with cops that always have to make a smart *** remark...
That's pretty crappy tho.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:20 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
So let me get this right...

You have a CAI with no carb sticker, and a catless downpipe...both of which violate the law, and you are pissed the cop did his job...

Stupid kids today.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Overbear
So let me get this right...

You have a CAI with no carb sticker, and a catless downpipe...both of which violate the law, and you are pissed the cop did his job...

Stupid kids today.
Look, newb - you dont know me, why are you calling me a stupid kid? Where did I say that "I was pissed" ? I said I was annoyed by the hypocrisy of the cop for sending me to the ref but then I could just put he stuff back on later. Great law ENFORCEMENT! Plus, I was trying to be respectfull of law enforcement on the forums, I didnt even mention that he implied the car was STOLEN (right in front of my future wife).

We are both taxpaying adults, so why dont you go back to the rock you crawled out from under.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:40 PM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
I think its retarded to be stopped for "looks like a street racer" I really think its only going to get worse. Until we all ban togther and stop it.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:44 PM

Car Info: vtak mota
it sucks, that you are being sent to state ref,

but lets be honest... the cop was right... even though he profiled you... your car has no cat and didnt have a carb intake...

but it sucks... i say just pay the fine... unless you dont mind bringing back to stock
Old 03-28-2009, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by vietnameeh

but lets be honest... the cop was right... even though he profiled you..
Well that opens up a big can of worms doesnt it?
Old 03-28-2009, 11:08 PM
banned

See I think if you get caught doing something then fair game. If your just rolling home from somewhere.... Then it should be iilegal.

Its all coming from the F&F4 They are trying to get as much off the street as they can before it come a problem.

Any car can have something ilegal on or about it. I dont care who you are.. So those that say,,,well you had this now your busted... Give me 15 min with your car.. I'll find something.
Its not a matter of what we have.. Its a matter of why we get profiled. If your out racing.... well thats a whole other ball game. I hope you get your *** handed to you. But most of us and Mr OCD was not... So why bother...

Kinda like the big traffic stop /drug busts of the 80/90's Now its the big ref stops of the 09+

I wonder if they go back to the station and have a contest on who got the biggext ref ticket..
Old 03-28-2009, 11:09 PM

Car Info: silverthorne 2000 2.5rs
Shoulda got the Forester XT ;p

That sucks man.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:21 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
I do not understand why in this day and age, people are running around with mods that do not have a CARB sticker on them.

I do not agree with the profiling, but CARB approved bits would have saved a lot of headache.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:24 PM

Car Info: .
Just swap exhausts and intake. 1 hour of your time, tops.

You make it seem like you have a rotated kit with reverse IM and all the other goodies.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:26 PM
banned

Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious
I do not understand why in this day and age, people are running around with mods that do not have a CARB sticker on them.

I do not agree with the profiling, but CARB approved bits would have saved a lot of headache.
I like to have a little bit more car then carb parts let me have. We shouldnt have to worry about it really unless we are out being asses...

I am really liking my OEM axle back on my car right now.. Same midrange power, less noise and less top end.. Its a hard one though... Police dont hear me coming, So I tend to drive faster now because of it. I already bombed past a chp writing a report and he didnt even look up....
Kinda like people drive really good with out a lic. Then they get it back and drive like a retard.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:29 PM
BanHammer™

well I do too, but you know what they are mainly looking for, get CARB approved intakes at least.

when/if I do a swap, I am going to go with a CARB approved aftermarket 3" Cat on the downpipe, just to be safe.

now the rest of the stuff that they cannot tell with the naked eye, game on!
Old 03-28-2009, 11:41 PM

Car Info: .
Who makes full 3" CARB legal downpipes/cats?
Old 03-28-2009, 11:47 PM
BanHammer™

Originally Posted by Spoolin415
Who makes full 3" CARB legal downpipes/cats?
no one that I know of makes a system

BUT

http://www.car-sound.com/02product/d...niversal=45009

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Profiled on 680 in Pleasanton - Sent to STATE REF.