**********This is the LAST YEAR for HAMILTON Thanks to speeders!!!************

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 04:42 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
**********This is the LAST YEAR for HAMILTON Thanks to speeders!!!************

Guys,

The CHP, and the park admin don't want us there anymore because of the past speeders, accidents, etc.

Miki and I had to work our ASSES off to convince the park to let us do it again this year.

There will be NO speeding, NO reckless driving!!! ABSOLUTLY NONE!!!

If you are speeding, you will be asked to leave the event no question asked.

I know a lot of n00bs will be up there trying to show off... This CANNOT be done! We will be kicked out of the event!!!!

So if that one n00b ruins it for the rest of us... I am personally going to kick the living crap out of them! I'm serious.

I just want us all to meet up and have fun. DRIVE LIKE A GRANDMA, THIS IS NOT A RACE TRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The CHP will be present, and they WILL nab your *** if you SPEED.

They don't care about mods and such... They only care about safety. So DON'T RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2006, 04:46 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Hopefully no one tries to fly like last year. :\
Old 07-06-2006, 04:50 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Seriously.

This IS the last year, so make it great.

Next year, we'll have to do the event at a different loctation.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2006 BLQ WRX WGN
Yeah, I've been on the phone for the last two hours backpedalling to be able to make the event happen this year.

Complaints that the rangers have had:
- A car almost hit me when I came around a corner
- A car was driving on the wrong side of the road
- A car passed me and sped off
- A car almost ran me over (bicyclists)
- Aggressive driving
- Speeding

So, this year, the CHP will be doing some form of surviellance so they can just show up to the lot and start handing out tickets, I have to hand out liability notices to everyone that shows up to explain to them that we have RULES we must abide by.

Also of note:
One of the park rangers almost got hit by one of us last year.
WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DRINK IN THE PARKING LOTS. IT IS CONSIDERED AN OPEN-CONTAINER, WE CAN GET TICKETED. (Drinking alcohol in the rose garden area is fine)

I assured them that the douchebags that inevitably ruin it for all of us (by driving off the edge and almost dying) are not regulars and that they just show up to show off a car that mommy or daddy bought them. I actually got a laugh out of the ranger by saying that last year, none of us even knew who the guy was that drove over the edge... the response I got? "Yeah, you're right... when we went around talking to people, no one had any idea who he was..."

The rangers also complained that we're leaving too much garbage behind, so we need to make sure there's a crew of us to pick it up.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:52 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by brucelee
Seriously.

This IS the last year, so make it great.

Next year, we'll have to do the event at a different loctation.

Any ideas on the new location?

Mountains?

Beach?
Old 07-06-2006, 04:58 PM

Car Info: Black Car
With a lot of chp there, I hope they don't do a lot of hood popping etc....
Old 07-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
This is BS, and I'm not talking about the park or CHP response. It's one day. ONE DAY that we're asking everyone to behave. Screw being "cool", if you see someone trying to pull the kind of crap that's going to have problems, call them on it. Let's make this a great final round for Hammy.

Dan, you know we've got your back.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:05 PM

Car Info: a prius, a miata, & 2 m3's
Originally Posted by y0gfx
With a lot of chp there, I hope they don't do a lot of hood popping etc....
yeah, hopefully-

Originally Posted by brucelee
The CHP will be present, and they WILL nab your *** if you SPEED.

They don't care about mods and such... They only care about safety. So DON'T RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2006, 05:10 PM

so if i ride my r6 i can say i don't know any of you guys right? so you guy's don't get in trouble for me doin wheelies
Old 07-06-2006, 05:13 PM

Car Info: '21 STI
I bet you somebody is going to ruin it. I just wonder who that lucky one will be.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
i will be good, just like i have been the past 3 years.

this is not the place for that. anyone that likes to drive fast on winding roads shouldn't be picking 'events' to do it at. That's just stupid.

Instead come up north some other day and join us for a drive on empty roads.

thanks guys for busting your butts to have this one last time. We love ya for it.

-rich
Old 07-06-2006, 05:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07 Car
Goddamnit!!!!
Old 07-06-2006, 05:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
Originally Posted by Mikkito

Complaints that the rangers have had:
- A car almost hit me when I came around a corner
- A car was driving on the wrong side of the road
- A car passed me and sped off
- A car almost ran me over (bicyclists)
- Aggressive driving
- Speeding

Although I do agree that we need to chill out, those things stated above annoy me. Those were complaints taken by people who were caught by surprise and are only one side of the story. The person who was almost "hit" around the corner, where they in a big vehicle, maybe a lady in a huge suv who was riding the double yellow? Was the person who got passed and then left in the dust by another car going the speed limit? Did the bicyclist who almost got hit move over for the car, or was he expecting the car to drive on the wrong side of the road to pass? Perhaps this was the same car that was on the wrong side of the road, he could have been passing a bicyclist who didn’t move over. I am not saying all this to start something or get flamed, I have just been in each of those situations, as the car, as a spectator and as the bicyclist and there are variables that needed to be accounted for, which probably weren’t thought of by the ranger. So... to prove the ranger and the chp wrong, we need to drive the speed limit to and from the park, and mostly we can't have different groups of people going for a drive on the mountain while the event is going on. That is when all this is happening, mid way through the event people leave to go on drives. Instead of doing that stay at the park when you want to leave, leave. Save the drive for another day so it doesn't make i-club look bad.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:33 PM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
It seems to me like we are being singled out for being a car club. Im sure that these complaints occur every day, not just on the one day that we are there. Im not saying that we should be entitled to do whatever we please, its just that I am sure we are not the only ones behaving like this on the entire mountain.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:36 PM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
Originally Posted by jewpac42
It seems to me like we are being singled out for being a car club. Im sure that these complaints occur every day, not just on the one day that we are there. Im not saying that we should be entitled to do whatever we please, its just that I am sure we are not the only ones behaving like this on the entire mountain.

While that is true, with 200+ extra subaru's on the road the probability of that kind of stuff hapening is severely increased. So in turn they see more of it in a short period of time.

Quick Reply: **********This is the LAST YEAR for HAMILTON Thanks to speeders!!!************