GAS Milage

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 08:36 AM

GAS Milage

I was driving yesturday and decided to test my gas milage. I filled up all the way spending about 38 dollars and some change and was on my way. My speedometer said 205 miles when I had to fill up again. It came out to about 18 miles a gallon. Ofcourse I didnt drive under 3 all the time but most of the time. I had to hear the beautifull sound of the turbo spoolin it was like music to my ears. But is everyone else getting anything close to that..
Old 05-03-2005, 08:51 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
What car and what mods? 18mpg is low even if you were running a huge turbo with a lead foot.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:54 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Yeah, I've got VF34/Injectors/TBE/Up and reflash. With a relatively heavy foot I average about 23mpg.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:55 AM
Troll

I consider myself lucky if I hit 19mpg on a tank of mixed highway/stop and go traffic driving, I am usually around 17mpg. On a long trip I usually get 22-25mpg.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:55 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Yea. lol all I got is a reflash and a tbe and get 350 on a full tank.
You know before my reflash I only got 310 at the most. :rotfl:

Oh and you ask anyone, I do have a lead foot. That's why I can't get the 2 big bottles.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:03 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Hmmmm...my running average is 16.8 mpg.

Here's an excel sheet I keep:
Attached Files
File Type: doc
STi MPG.doc (50.0 KB, 75 views)
Old 05-03-2005, 09:09 AM

Car Info: 2001 Transmaro SS
I don't do the math correctly but I usually fill up with about a gallon left in the tank and am usually running around 310 on the trip odometer, which seems around the 20mpg mark with a lean towards mostly freeway driving.

On a sidetracked note, I was goofing around with the new Magnum RT's real time average MPG display and decidied to reset it right in the middle of a cruise controlled 70 mph strecth outside of Dixon. Well the car was sitting around 24mph for 3 or 4 minutes when I got behind a couple of roadblockers doing 55 or so, for grins I moved over and floored it for about 5 seconds after which the average mpg from the previous 4 minutes dropped to 19, haha. I still love the V8's.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:15 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by Egan
What car and what mods? 18mpg is low even if you were running a huge turbo with a lead foot.
Thats the thing I dont know....i purchased the car of the auction and what i thought was a stock wrx that i can start from scratch to mess with turned out to be some old sport compact magazine car that has alraedy been messed with. THe guy messed with the electrical system and cast me major money to turn off my check engine and it has brembos and full one peice exhaust not including the downpipe. The car also has an up pipe and as far as i can tell a crank pulley. I have no idea what else the guy has done to the car but its definately killing me on gas. I bought a UTEC and hoping to create a MAP that can run a little lean....not lean enough to damage anything but a good kinda lean, make a stock setting and then one that tears people new ones and hands them their asses.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:19 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
My mileage has really changed since I got the car. 16mpg in the winter in city driving. 23mpg in the winter on long trips. Now, I'm getting closer to 19-20mpg and 25-27mpg on trips.

I don't have a lead foot, I just live so close to work that the car barely has time to warm up. That mainly kills my mileage.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:21 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Originally Posted by drifter04
Thats the thing I dont know....i purchased the car of the auction and what i thought was a stock wrx that i can start from scratch to mess with turned out to be some old sport compact magazine car that has alraedy been messed with. THe guy messed with the electrical system and cast me major money to turn off my check engine and it has brembos and full one peice exhaust not including the downpipe. The car also has an up pipe and as far as i can tell a crank pulley. I have no idea what else the guy has done to the car but its definately killing me on gas. I bought a UTEC and hoping to create a MAP that can run a little lean....not lean enough to damage anything but a good kinda lean, make a stock setting and then one that tears people new ones and hands them their asses.
It is likely that the mods you have are causing the stock ECU to try and compensate by running ultra rich. Some dyno time and a custom tune for your mods (whether it be reflash or UTEC) will defintely help your mileage, as well as make the most power for your modifications.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:26 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by Egan
It is likely that the mods you have are causing the stock ECU to try and compensate by running ultra rich. Some dyno time and a custom tune for your mods (whether it be reflash or UTEC) will defintely help your mileage, as well as make the most power for your modifications.
Im definately taking the car to get tuned later on when I get some cash or when my utec comes in. Im just surprised that i have the same gas milage as an SUV, at first i thought it was normal because the car being four wheel drive and all. But yeah im defintely getting some tunning done.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Oaf
Hmmmm...my running average is 16.8 mpg.

Here's an excel sheet I keep:
OH by the way OAF thats some detailed data i like that i wish i was that organized. Mad Props man You can even see how much the gas went up over just a couple of months.....It seems like so long ago gas was only $2.... .
Old 05-03-2005, 09:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
I remember when gas was ~$1.30, but thats nothing like what some of these old timers will remember.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:31 AM

Location: Just when I find the key to success, someone goes and changes the locks.
Car Info: "Why Warthog sir?"
Originally Posted by drifter04
Im definately taking the car to get tuned later on when I get some cash or when my utec comes in. Im just surprised that i have the same gas milage as an SUV, at first i thought it was normal because the car being four wheel drive and all. But yeah im defintely getting some tunning done.
do you still have the check engine light on?
Old 05-03-2005, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by topnotchwrx
do you still have the check engine light on?
no sir...but it cost me a good $400 to turn it off its a long story but if everyone wants to hear it ill tell it. I passed smog and all. Im getting the clutch put in and some mounts as well as the rest of the mods that were on the car right now as we speak or chat which ever......

Quick Reply: GAS Milage