Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

new here but...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 10:39 PM

Car Info: JBP 04' WRX
imo...i think the time limit is there b/c of the numerous searches made evryday by numerous ppl would slowdown the site for everyone. by limiting the searches made at the same time would prolly make this site more user friendly....i know what your saying though. i get irritated by that too.

oh and welcome to i-club
Old 04-19-2005, 10:43 PM

Car Info: 05 sti
Originally Posted by playa7
i think the time limit is there b/c of the numerous searches made evryday by numerous ppl would slowdown the site for everyone.
i agree. if you look at the searches done by other people, you'll notice that the time difference is VERY small. imagine if people could search non stop...the times will all be a few seconds apart.

welcome to i-club
Old 04-20-2005, 10:09 PM

i'm in the same boat, i have almost 5000 on wrxforum, now i gotta make sure i can cover all the forums with a blanket of love

ahhhhh

hi guys dont mind me
Old 04-20-2005, 10:16 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Originally Posted by crxgator
thanks for the welcome though guys...how hard is it to swap in rear disc brakes considering mine are drum? what parts would i need and from what car?..
look in the previous issue of Subie Sport Magazine. they have a nice write up on that.
and welcome to i-club

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 04-21-2005, 06:22 AM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Originally Posted by crxgator
thanks for the welcome though guys...how hard is it to swap in rear disc brakes considering mine are drum? what parts would i need and from what car?

i know what to do on honda's, but it seems like subies are a bit different...
I am just about to do this mod on my Forester 2.5X, which also has drums in the rear. See the subysport magazine but here is what you need basically (I might be forgetting something):
-Full rear hub/knuckle assembly off of a subaru with AWD, disk brakes and ABS (sounds specific, but really easy to find)
-Rotors
-Calipers
-Pads
-Brake lines (I am upgrading to stainless steel)
-Parking brake lines

From what I have heard, it is not a simple instalation but not a terribly difficult one ether. Expect to spend 4-8 hours on it, as you have to take up the rear seat and some of the rear carpet A great tutorial on it (that I will be using) is here: http://wac.addr.com/auto/obs/disc/disc.html

And BTW, Welcome to the forum
-Jeff
Old 04-21-2005, 01:43 PM

My suggestion actually is to try and find the assembly off of a early 90's Legacy Turbo. THat is what I looked for and found, and is the best option as it is the only USDM model to have been equipped with Ventelated Rear rotors.
-Jeff
Old 04-21-2005, 06:50 PM

Nah you arn't

Acutally (not to sound like a arrogant dick ) the old legacy turbo disk's are only slightly more expensive, and minimally (if any bit) heavier. I picked my entire set up for $200 + shipping which is about what I was going to pay for the regular ones off of a '93 Legacy non-turbo.
-Jeff
Old 04-21-2005, 08:00 PM

Car Info: JBP 04' WRX
congrats...that happend to me too. i had scratches on my rear pass fender. i brought it back to the dealer and they fixed it right up for free...
Old 04-21-2005, 08:52 PM

Congrats on the new car!

Quick Reply: new here but...