Paint scratch on door - what can I do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 11:46 PM

Angry Paint scratch on door - what can I do?

This evening when I was about to leave the supermarket parking lot, there was a Toyota van parked next to me and the lady driver came back to her van, opened the door and hit my passenger side, she pulled the door back and pretended nothing had happened. Of course I felt the door being scratched, I went to see what’s the damage and told her what she had done to my car. It has some paint scratch and I can see the yellow paint on her door too. She didn’t apologize and kept saying it was just dirt on my door and tried to use some water to clean it. It turned out to be some black mark on my door, I guess it was from the dust.

I got her insurance (AAA) and made her to sign that she had hit my passenger side door.

Here is my question:
- can I go directly to the body shop to get the estimation then claim her insurance?
- If not, what is the best thing I can do?

I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

>>>
no dent, only paint scratch and her attitude is another problem!

Last edited by yellow_wrx; 09-30-2004 at 12:13 AM. Reason: update:
Old 09-29-2004, 11:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Evolution VIII
Originally Posted by yellow_wrx
This evening when I was about to leave the supermarket parking lot, there was a Toyota van parked next to me and the lady driver came back to her van, opened the door and hit my passenger side, she pulled the door back and pretended nothing had happened. Of course I felt the door being scratched, I went to see what’s the damage and told her what she had done to my car. It has some paint scratch and I can see the yellow paint on her door too. She didn’t apologize and kept saying it was just dirt on my door and tried to use some water to clean it. It turned out to be some black mark on my door, I guess it was from the dust.

I got her insurance (AAA) and made her to sign that she had hit my passenger side door.

Here is my question:
- can I go directly to the body shop to get the estimation then claim her insurance?
- If not, what is the best thing I can do?

I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Call and report this incident and her insurance info to your insurance co. immediately. Then go to a bodyshop for an estimate.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:01 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 wrx WRBlue ~v34 sold/ 05evo MR ^_^
How big is the scratch? has it been dented in? pics?
Old 09-30-2004, 12:23 AM

Car Info: 02 STi
It might be able to be buffed off....

go to a body shop and see what they say, ask them if it can be buffed. If they say no and it needs to be repaired then call the ladies insurance...you dont want yours to go up.

But dont wait too long...do it all in one day....like tomrrow.

-freddie

Last edited by 1WRX2NV; 09-30-2004 at 12:27 AM.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:25 AM

Car Info: ass-pan bug eye :D
d'oh!! that SUCKS. i'll bet it'll be about $250. call both insurance companies. be sure to ask if you'd have to pay your deductible in this situation. if you have to pay a deductible; also ask if you get i higher rate when you renew your insurance.... because depending on who it is... you never know what they'll charge you for... then estimate wether it's worth it to take care of it now, or after you have a bunch of dents removed all at the same time and do a complete re-paint.

it's also possible that it's just something that can be buffed out. i'll keep my fingers crossed.
if you live in san jose and you need a GOOD place to take your car... talk to Rito at paint trends. it's in santa clara off el camino.

Paint Trends
Rito

he does excellent work with blending and isn't too expensive if you have to pay out of pocket. also he works late nights and saturdays... and has pretty quick turn around time. if you go, tell him Victoria with the black legacy sent you.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:27 PM

Unhappy

thanks for all the input.

I went to the bodyshop and they refer me to the DentPro and said probably cost about less than $100. I will go to the one in Campbell city tomorrow to get the estimation then call the lady if she will pay for it rather than go thru the insurance.

Anyone has experience with DentPro?
Old 10-01-2004, 01:51 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 wrx WRBlue ~v34 sold/ 05evo MR ^_^
How big is it? like a quarter size? If it like that size just ask for cash from the lady, they can be pop cheap and read this http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=27

Just take your time https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/hit-run-my-parking-lot-again-69404/