Warranty Work in LA

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 03:07 PM

Car Info: 2004 Black WRX -- RIP
Question Warranty Work in LA

Hey I just bought a WRX with a 100,000 mi. bumper to bumper extended warranty. I plan on modding my car, eventually getting a new turbo(VF30 or SR series). But I don't plan on doing anything that will void my warranty. The way I understand warranties is that it depends on the dealer. Some will do it even if you're making 300 whp and others will deny you because you took out the intake silencer.
So I'm moving to LA in a week and I'm wondering if any SoCal people know a dealer within the area(i'm willing to go outside of LA if need be) that tends to turn a blind eye to modification and if anyone's ever actually gotten work done with a modded car. Thanks guys
Old 09-07-2004, 03:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Subaru WRX w/ JDM Spec C
when u said i dont plan on voiding my warrenty u already did man, sorry to burst ur bubble, pretty much anything u do especially change the turbo ur gonna get denied. the most mod friendly place i have been to is south coast, Chris takes care of me wonderfully. i had a intake never said anything, i had a exhaust never said anything. just make sure the problem u go in for, doesnt relate to any aftermarket parts u have installed. for instance ur motor blows, may blame an intake or modified intake part, or change the turbo. warrenty denied! also which extended warrenty did u get? the one with 100 deductable? it all depends

oh i see ur form texas did u just move out here?
Old 09-07-2004, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by nic3krnnamja83
when u said i dont plan on voiding my warrenty u already did man, sorry to burst ur bubble, pretty much anything u do especially change the turbo ur gonna get denied. the most mod friendly place i have been to is south coast, Chris takes care of me wonderfully. i had a intake never said anything, i had a exhaust never said anything. just make sure the problem u go in for, doesnt relate to any aftermarket parts u have installed. for instance ur motor blows, may blame an intake or modified intake part, or change the turbo. warrenty denied! also which extended warrenty did u get? the one with 100 deductable? it all depends

oh i see ur form texas did u just move out here?
I'm moving a week from wednesday. Gonna try acting/comedy. I believe its a 100 deductable but I don't really know. I haven't done anything to the car yet except take the silencer/snorkus off. I hear south coast actually installs stuff, APS things and the like.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Subaru WRX w/ JDM Spec C
hey welcome to the area! lots of meets here and lots of events. south coast is really great. get to known chris, he will definetly become ur greatest asset. wow tuff business to be getting into good lcuk with that. right place to come. , they do install but that is beyond the scope of SOA.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:43 PM

Question

Originally Posted by nic3krnnamja83
hey welcome to the area! lots of meets here and lots of events. south coast is really great. get to known chris, he will definetly become ur greatest asset. wow tuff business to be getting into good lcuk with that. right place to come. , they do install but that is beyond the scope of SOA.
Naturally. Thanks for the info. I'm hoping to get into Auto-X and the like. Looking forward to meeting alot of you.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:02 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
sweet there is an auto cross or track day every weekend almost