motorcyle class

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 03:56 AM

Car Info: 06 wrx wagon
motorcyle class

anyone take the bike class at lcc? im ordering a helmet soon and i already have my gloves. and i have the money for the class. just need more info. if anyone could give me info on the bike class, i would appreciate it. thanks

-keoni
Old 09-11-2007, 04:36 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Seishin-teki kyōkō/Intonjutsu/Shinobi-ir
Originally Posted by kisono55
anyone take the bike class at lcc? im ordering a helmet soon and i already have my gloves. and i have the money for the class. just need more info. if anyone could give me info on the bike class, i would appreciate it. thanks

-keoni
I dont know about now but they used the 250cc cycles..
Old 09-11-2007, 11:24 AM

Car Info: 2003 Jeep Wrangler 8" lift
Motorcycle Class

Sign up EARLY. The classes are usually full. They used to run one at the LCC parking lot and one at the Coast Guard station on sand Island. Not sure if they run both now or not. Used to be 3 saturdays or 3 sundays in a row, but I heard that they run a tuesday, wednesday, thursday class now. It is a pretty easy course and you can learn alot. I had about 15 years of riding experience when I took the course (needed it to ride my bike on base) and they taught me some things. I sent my wife to the class about 2 years later and she passed. She had never ridden a bike before that class, her only experience was riding on the back of mine. All in all it was a good class. Make sure you sign up ASAP. If you have more questions let me know and I will help if I can.

Josh
Old 09-11-2007, 11:26 AM

Car Info: 2006 OBP WRX Wagon & SGM 2.5i wagon
When are you planning on taking the class? I was planning on signing up and I think it would be nice if I knew someone there.
I have heard (all second hand) that you need boots, gloves, long pants & long sleeve shirt. I do not know for sure though.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:43 AM

Clothing

Originally Posted by eRicaSWGN
When are you planning on taking the class? I was planning on signing up and I think it would be nice if I knew someone there.
I have heard (all second hand) that you need boots, gloves, long pants & long sleeve shirt. I do not know for sure though.
And a helmet, although they will provide you one (they used to). There is no way Im wearing a helmet that 12342135 other people wore.

Glove - full finger gloves
Pants - Jeans are ok
Long sleeve shirt or jacket.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:55 AM

Car Info: 06 wrx wagon
Originally Posted by cmm929
And a helmet, although they will provide you one (they used to). There is no way Im wearing a helmet that 12342135 other people wore.

Glove - full finger gloves
Pants - Jeans are ok
Long sleeve shirt or jacket.
yups my friend told me need gloves, helmet, long pants, long sleeve and boots. he told me bring your own helmet and not use the community one. but thanks for the info cmm929. do you know if its $250 still? what kine of bike do you ride? im looking to getting a 04 and up r6 or gsxr 600.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:15 PM

My Bike...

Unfortunately, the major motorcycle mannufaturers have yet to design a child safety seat that can be used on a bike. So I had to sell the bike and make the STI faster. My most recent bike was a CBR 929 and I miss it everyday. I have been without a bike for 2 years now. This is the longest stretch I have been without a bike since I was 14.... Oh well, Ill get another one eventually.

As far as you buying a bike, make sure the bike fits you. If you are not comfortable on it at first you may not ever be comfortable on it. Make sure it fits from the seat down (i.e. height) Across the seat/tank (width) and from the seat to the bars (reach). each of those can be modified slightly to fit you better, but you can change much without changing the feel of the bike. If you lower it so your feet reach the ground, it will affect your cornering clearance and handling (not to much of a big deal until you get more experience). If you need someone to look at the bike before you buy, or just give you advice on what to look for hit me up. I'll be at the meet on Friday (if jon ever posts a location) or PM's are free. Laters

Josh
Old 09-11-2007, 12:17 PM

theres a website and email address somewhere i look for it later

the 3 day in a row classes are during the summer only or maybe winter break too but not sure....

everyone who took it told me taking it in 3 days is kinda killer but you get it over with faster...

if you have prior experience riding then thats good as well ...they split the class up into newbs and people who have some experience not a whole lot
Old 09-18-2007, 10:33 PM

Car Info: '97 Impreza L Coupe /WRX swap Garage Zombie
i took the class last year. it's really good, and i strongly recomend it! if you are planning to go to the class with friends, mail all your applications in one envelope. they were able to accomodate me and my friends into one riding group. a little bit of advice is to take the permit test first and study for it. the voucher that the course gives you at completion is only good for 30 or 90 days, i can't remember which. the link below should be all the info you need.

ride safe,

http://hawaii.gov/dot/highways/hwy-v/mom-1.pdf