Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

2007 2.5i

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 06:36 PM

Car Info: 2007 impreza 2.5i
2007 2.5i

Bought one a couple weeks ago and I love it. Raced a 98 maxima and a 06 scion tc and beat them . Looking for parts for it though. I was thinking first gettin a SPT intake and SPT exhaust along with Unorthodox (spelling) pulleys which should bring it up to around 225-230hp. Any other suggestions. I want to keep this car N/A so any suggestions on what I should upgrade?

Last edited by 07scoobynt; 08-05-2007 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:36 PM

Car Info: 06 2.5i WGN & 06 WRX WGN
Yeah... 230 is not likely. maybe 200 at the crank, MAYBE.

Many people will say it but, suspention is the way to go on these cars.

The 06 mod thread is good to go through, read it all.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:57 AM

Car Info: 2006 Impreza 2.5i
Suggestion:

do not include the section where you say you 'raced' another car.
You'll probably get flamed for that.
Just a headz up.

SPT does not make an intake for our NA engines.
SPT does have that bosal muffler available, but that's only the muffler.

There's no way in hell you'll be making 225 - 230hp crank OR wheel, unless you're gonna build a frankestein motor, or turbo it.

Mods you can do :
1) Headers (you already have Equal length), unless you want the boxer rumble, then you can switch to Borla headers.

2) Remove the cat, or get a High flow cat
3) Intake either CAI or SRI, or stay stock with a different filter.
4) Custom exhaust (2.25")
5) Engine Management - pp6
6) lightweight pulleys
7) lightweight flywheel
8) Change your spark plugs
9) Delta Cams

I can't think of anymore at the moment cause I'm too tired to think.
But that's just the jist of it.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:02 AM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Originally Posted by J-Chow
Suggestion:

do not include the section where you say you 'raced' another car.
You'll probably get flamed for that.
Just a headz up.

SPT does not make an intake for our NA engines.
SPT does have that bosal muffler available, but that's only the muffler.

There's no way in hell you'll be making 225 - 230hp crank OR wheel, unless you're gonna build a frankestein motor, or turbo it.

Mods you can do :
1) Headers (you already have Equal length), unless you want the boxer rumble, then you can switch to Borla headers.

2) Remove the cat, or get a High flow cat
3) Intake either CAI or SRI, or stay stock with a different filter.
4) Custom exhaust (2.25")
5) Engine Management - pp6
6) lightweight pulleys
7) lightweight flywheel
8) Change your spark plugs
9) Delta Cams

I can't think of anymore at the moment cause I'm too tired to think.
But that's just the jist of it.
+1 for engine mods.

I'd recommend throwing some suspension goodies on there too :RockOn - not mine:
Old 08-06-2007, 08:54 AM

Car Info: 05 aspen white 2.5RS
cams are not available for the 2.5i as of now
Old 08-06-2007, 09:06 AM

http://www.subarupartsforyou.com/cp_...hp?partid=8725

My friend has a 06 2.5i and this intake fit his.Thanks for the heads up also.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:15 AM

Also, if I remove the cat it has to be the 2nd one back without the o2 sensor right. Is this a hard job and safe for the car?
Old 08-06-2007, 10:01 AM

Car Info: 05 aspen white 2.5RS
the car should run fine without the cats, but i can't say the same for the environment. also, it will throw a check engine but you can bypass that.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:18 AM

Car Info: 2007 Impreza 2.5i
how the f does that intake fit on a 2.5i? that's for a turbo...so the elbow is not bent to come off the throttle body like it has to on the N/A cars...it's meant to come right off the turbo...weird

as for the cats, there is no reason to remove them if you aren't doing a complete exhaust overhaul (i.e. better headers, track pipe, mid pipe, axleback) and even then you'd need to match an intake to that system cause you'd want it to be able to breath better all around...

there are no cams for the 2.5i (yet...hopefully that changes soon since the 2008 heads are the same iAVLS design) as someone already pointed out...but you could get custom ones made, but you'd lose the iAVLS...but that wont matter if you plan on just running a longer duration/lift then then the largest lobe on the current cams...at that point why would you care about having iAVLS when you can have it constantly running at high lift and ish.

i would not recommend doing both a lightweight pulley and flywheel...one or the other imo...you don't need any problems with rev matching and also stop and go traffic (and if it's an automatic you really only need to worry about the pulley at that point...gg flywheel)

um...spark plugs? stick with the stockers...well at least stick with the brand that subaru already uses (NGK isn't it?), i've heard horror stories of the block spitting plugs out that aren't OEM...

and lastly, the pp6 is not that great of an EM...but so far i believe it is the only one they make that works with the current ECU...im not 100% sure though if it can utilize all the features on the newer 32bit ECUs since last i checked it was originally made for the older DBW (16bit) ECUs in the 2005 models

Last edited by zavier; 08-06-2007 at 10:22 AM.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:21 PM

Yea the intake fit but I got some straight piping and made a 65 degree bend on it if i remember correctly and it slipped right on. Looks like it belongs there so he was happy. I work at a body shop so I did it right there.Thanks for all the valuable information. I think I am going to just get the SPT intake and lightweight pulleys for now and then eventually full exhaust. I love the car and especially the great handeling it has even with the stock suspension. I bought it directly from subaru and got some great warranties on it (120,000 mile bumper to bumper) and also free tires for life as long as I always get my oil changed there.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:02 PM

Car Info: 07 impreza 2.5i
i removed the 2nd "non-ecu-functional" cat from my exhaust. it changed the tone of the exhuast a little... but i aint happy untill all the cats are removed [ cuz i want a 'true' high flow system with no bottle necks, and cuz the town i'm in doesnt have inspections nor smog checks :P]
Old 11-18-2007, 10:49 PM

Car Info: 2.5i N/A
BTW older cobb cams fit but you lose AVLS or AVCS or whatever it is. you don't throw a code though unless you get the spicy ones
Old 11-19-2007, 12:56 PM

Car Info: 2007 Impreza 2.5i
2.5i = iAVLS
WRX/STi = AVCS

i wasn't aware the cobb cams would work, i was under the impression there was a size issue as well...whatever
Old 11-24-2007, 07:35 AM

Car Info: 07 Impreza 2.5i SE Sedan
RE: 2.5i mods

Yeah, I've been looking all over for a Short Ram for my 07 2.5i. I just replaced the muffler with a magnaflow with custom tip. I don't think I want to do a cat back since I'm worried about the sound becoming annoying like a civic. The only thing I've noticed with my new axle-back is that when I am really laying the gas down and it shifts above 4k, I get this odd sound from the muffler. Hard to describe, but it makes this really low pitch sound as soon as it shifts. Like I said it really only happens when I am really speeding up like when merging onto the highway and trying to get up to about 65 quickly. Otherwise it sound fine. The weird sound goes away right after the shift to, it only lasts about a second. Any ideas??? It's almost as if the car isn't pumping out enough gasses to make the exhaust sound right or something, really weird. I didn't go with a Cobb, etc.. because I refuse to pay that much for basically a muffler and a pipe. I bought my entire dual exhaust setup for my 05 mustang for less than some of these cat-back systems for these cars run. It's rediculous, the stang was so much easier and cheaper to mod. I realize that not much will be out yet since it's an 07, but I don't want to do it half assed by fabricating my own SRI. Thought about the perrin pulley, but I'm not sure if the dealer will pitch a fit about the warranty, so I'll just wait on that till the warranty runs out. I wish they made and intake/tuner combo for this car like I had for the stang (SCT Xcal2 with tunable induction intake) where the tune files are made specifically for the intake. That was the best bang for the buck mod I ever did on the mustang. Hopefully stuff for this car will start popping up within the next year.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:55 PM

Car Info: 2006 Impreza 2.5i
this is the SRI i have on mine.
Can't complain about it.

http://www.cosmoracing.com/productin...d=226&pid=1498

or you can go CAI
http://www.cosmoracing.com/productin...d=150&pid=1499

Quick Reply: 2007 2.5i