Sunday Driving Video..

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 10:23 AM

Car Info: silverthorne 2000 2.5rs
Exclamation Sunday Driving Video..

Some of you have heard me talk about this little rally road in the east bay.. went out sunday and had a little video recorder to capture me gettin crazy. Even met up with some friends on their bikes and had a little chase through the canyon... enjoy this ****!! haha

Just me going- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlvlgu8N6U4

Me chasing (and passing) the FZR and catching the TL1000 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00pg5-6DCzg

Professional Drivers *cough* on a rural road please dont try this at home kids.. always wear your seatbelt!!
Old 07-10-2006, 10:31 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX STI
That looks like a sick little road. Im down for next time you go. Good job on the filming, how did you attach the camera? Later

E
Old 07-10-2006, 10:46 AM

Squished it in the sunroof
Old 07-10-2006, 12:09 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
i'm only seeing 1:20 of the first vid
Old 07-10-2006, 12:27 PM

wow
you're a ****ing moron
Old 07-10-2006, 12:31 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
Originally Posted by Daredevil
wow
you're a ****ing moron
+1

I say ban him so he wont show up at Hammy
Old 07-10-2006, 12:36 PM

OK anyone who knows me knows i dont drive like that if there is a huge risk involved which means on city streets, highways etc.. was just out having a little fun on a road ive driven on for years, it was early sunday and yes there were a few more cars on the road than usual but whatever there was no close calls i know my car and was always taking the side of caution. Thought ya'll would like to see a car doing what it was made to do.. if ur gonna hate then just delete the thread.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:55 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
Originally Posted by smokey25
Thought ya'll would like to see a car doing what it was made to do.
http://www.litchfieldimports.co.uk/timeattack.asp

If you want to use the whole road, save it for the track, where you can use the whole road...
Old 07-10-2006, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Kostamojen

If you want to use the whole road, save it for the track, where you can use the whole road...
+1.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:08 PM

I understand what you guys are saying, and i do take it to the track.. just this road is one of my favorites in the bay, its a cool video thought ya'll would enjoy it. There are no houses, no driveways/cross streets and USUALLY never a car on that road. I have driven that road literally hundreds of times and if i cant see outside the turn, you'll see im in my lane. I won't be doing any of this at Hammy obviously.. dont trip!! I'd be more worried about the guys driving out of there after a few beers and who knows what else..
Old 07-10-2006, 02:51 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX STI
I think smokey's main point was to show how nice of a road it is. Not showing how fast he was driving. He has talked about this road a lot.............I know smokey personally and i know he wouldnt drive like an idiot.

kind of like bay area backroads I-club style. To me it didnt look like he was speeding or being wreckless.

E
Old 07-10-2006, 02:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MOPAR Baby!! yeeaaaahhh
You shoulda had your flame suit ready when you posted this.... only thing i thought of as dangerous in the video is following so close to the motorcycles... but they were your friends & willing participants so its a different story.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Furley
You shoulda had your flame suit ready when you posted this.... only thing i thought of as dangerous in the video is following so close to the motorcycles... but they were your friends & willing participants so its a different story.
Yeah i knew it, i wasnt sure if BAIC would be so hard on me tho haha, but whats a topic on an internet forum if there isnt someone talkin **** about what you posted? Anyways it was alot of fun tho wanted some people to check it out. The TL1000S is a badass ****in bike!!
Old 07-10-2006, 04:17 PM

Car Info: 2005 Subaru
Originally Posted by scarface
I think smokey's main point was to show how nice of a road it is. Not showing how fast he was driving. He has talked about this road a lot.............I know smokey personally and i know he wouldnt drive like an idiot.

kind of like bay area backroads I-club style. To me it didnt look like he was speeding or being wreckless.

E
Maybe not speeding. . . but wreckless, hell yeah. Nice road though, I would try it if I live around there.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:30 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
I noticed right away that you were only cutting into the other lane when there was clear visibility through the turn. You seemed to be reasonable in control the entire time, and as Furly said, the bikers were your friends, so I'm a ok with this video . I tend to use the other lane as well if I can see through the entire turn. Doing so you end up taking a much faster and more natural line through the turn without endangering anyone else.

Nice road btw... reminds me of some of the north bay roads I grew up with.

Quick Reply: Sunday Driving Video..