Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

New 06 STi

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 03:32 PM

Car Info: WRX 05
New 06 STi

So this is my first post here at I-Club :)

/wave

I live here in Albuquerque NM and got my first Rex for fathers day back in 04. Just felt weird having a 1 year old 05 rex at the begining of 05. Just recently I was able to buy my 06 STi and my wife took the rex, so cool having a CrystalGray Rex and Black STi in the garage :)

Anyway I had a bit of a hard time getting my STi. I went to a local dealer and was going to testdrive the new 06 rex and get some price quotes on the STi. Well the salesman says "If I order the car today, I can have it here by the end of the month with the next shipment!, This is going to be the first black 06 STi for us to order.". I was like SWEET!! lets do it. This was the 9th of September. He tells me "I will keep you up to date"......

End of Sep. rolls around, I call HIM. "Well it looks like your car will be here the middle of next month..." GRRRRR ok :(

Middle of Oct I call and reach the sales manager, "Oh yeah we got your car, let me just confirm it is yours, ........ Oh I'm sorry it is another black STi not yours" So I was like... "Dude, your guy told me mine was the first black STi you guys ordered" not to mention the OTHER black one that came in at the end of September. Sales manager says "I'll have the salesman call you back right away with a delivery date for you"

I then got totally upset when the salesman failed to call me back for 2 days. I finally call him on friday, talked to the manager on wednesday morning, "Well it shows a november date..." I asked what DAY and he gives me some crap about there is no actual "day" and that when I ordered the car he told me it would take 6-8 weeks to get the car in blah blah blah.....

Lucky me I didnt put a deposit on the order and told them to shove the car in a most unconfortable place. Went up to Santa Fe at noon and was back home with a new black 06 STi at 3:30 :P Not only that I got the car for a good deal, didnt think I could deal on a brand new STi :)
Old 11-09-2005, 04:03 PM

Nice job! Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay. Get some pics of that thing up too!
Old 11-10-2005, 08:40 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by crazyboarder
Lucky me I didnt put a deposit on the order and told them to shove the car in a most unconfortable place. Went up to Santa Fe at noon and was back home with a new black 06 STi at 3:30 :P Not only that I got the car for a good deal, didnt think I could deal on a brand new STi
Welcome to i-Club.

That was a smart decision to forgoe doing business with that first dealership. I don't think they ever intended to hand over the keys to any STi until they got a deposit or financing from you first. When another customer beat you to the punch, they took his money and he or she got the car.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush