Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Anybody feel this way?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 03:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Anybody feel this way?

I have noticed for some time now that politics seem to be the lifeblood in every aspect of our lives. Maybe it's always been this way and I never really noticed it, but I doubt it. I'm sure older people would agree with me. Maybe it’s because I’m getting older and have exposed myself to politics more than the average person? Not sure. But nothing that happens now can go by as is; it must have some sort of political statement involved or be tied directly to a party.

The GWOT and OIF are other big examples of this as are serious Weather fronts (hurricanes - who knew?), Star Wars Movies and simple phrases that didn't used to bother anyone - especially when they came from political leaders like MLK. There is so much BS floating around mixed in with truth, no one really knows what in the hell is real and what is merely a "political spin" and variation of the truth. It sickens me.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:35 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by Salty
There is so much BS floating around mixed in with truth, no one really knows what in the hell is real and what is merely a "political spin" and variation of the truth. It sickens me.
Very well said Salty-san. The media especially. Just think about how it would feel to have personally experienced a natural disaster, then to be swarmed by the likes of Anderson Cooper and that other dude from Fox News.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Yes, the media is mostly to blame because they deliver so much of the news as fast as they possibly can. Like I said once before... If a bridge were made of stories, articles and all the special reports within the last 10 years would you be brave enough to drive over it? You'd be a fool. A significant amount also comes from people that have a public voice when they really shouldn’t (Louis Farrakhan, Kane West, etc). And when their half-*** voice is heard the media has a field day with them without taking anything else into consideration. These people know how bad politics can bring out the worst in any given situation so they do whatever they can to exploit it.