Kids that think they're gangsta

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 01:10 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
Kids that think they're gangsta

so an odd situation occurred yesterday between me and this kid that goes to moanalua. juniorSTI, you probably know him, stop by my shop sometime, i'd like to ask you a few questions about kids in your school.

anyways... this guy's friend USED to work here. the one with a black WRX. he quit and then just started talking a bunch of **** about me and i suppose wanted to call me out. then the guy's OTHER friend that used to work here also quit. anyways... about 3 months ago, the guy placed an order for H4 conversion headlamps for his 240. i didn't even take the order, it was my other employee. i placed the order through our "Matrix" generic brand company, and i couldn't get them. mainly because Matrix shut down their operations with the distributor i was working with. for awhile, i kept trying to find another company similar to matrix and up until 3 weeks ago, i didn't find one. when i asked them to send me H4 conversion headlamps, they just send the diamond clear headlamps.

sure, it was my fault for not updating the guy every week, even though i called him twice about the order explaining the situation. and yes, it was my fault for not checking the package before i called him to tell him it arrived.

however, the minute this kid stepped in through the doors, he starts yelling at me about how long the order took. then he checked the box and started yelling about how the product was wrong. now, i clearly explained to him when i called him the first AND second time that he had the choice of getting a refund or just waiting. i also explained that i couldn't give him an exact date for when the order was supposed to arrive because the other company happened to be out of stock.

anyways, the kid throws a hissy fit and starts threatening me about how should watch my back. which is fine, but he made one fatal mistake. my father was there watching the entire situation. and right when he started making the threats, my friend happened to walk into the store as well. which means, i have 2 witnesses to make a police report about wut happened.

i understand why the kid was so pissed off. the order did take a long time. and the order was not exactly wut he wanted. so i gave him his refund calmly without saying a single word to him and told him to take the other order for free since i have no use for it. at this point, he's still making a fool of himself and trying to act all hard and "gangsta".

i thought doing that might calm him down a bit and i don't know, maybe later on he might understand that i really had no intention of screwing him over. but the fact remains he had no right to threaten me in my own store in front of my father and my friend.

now... this is not the first time i've dealt with kids that try to act all hard and talk a lot of sh*t. but this is the first time i've dealt with kids like that in such nice neighborhoods.

i don't know if any of you guys know this, but i grew up in oakland. kids there had a reason to act ghetto and all gangsta. that was just the way of life over there. but here, especially in the salt lake, pearl city area. wtf is up with that? why are these kids trying to act all hard when we all know they won't do anything about it? all they're doing is setting themselves up so i can take their @sses to court. i was just curious, because every 'burb has their wannabe gangstas, but this is just starting to get ridiculous.

now please don't misunderstand this, i don't mean everyone in salt lake or pearl city area. and i'm not talking sh*t about hawaii in general. i'm just pondering about these kids i've dealt with so far.

why are they so angry and filled with so much hate?
Old 07-14-2005, 01:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
i dont know kids are kids but to be honest i have noticed some locals (if the shoe fits wear it) have some sorta stick up their 4th point of contact (@$$) that they have something to prove to the world that they are so hot tempered to quickily engage into a fight or talk like a big boy. me personally i just laugh at it, when i am provoked into a fight or whatever it is just make them look dumb in front of whoever is around. i just have seen to much in life growing up in cali, engaged in ground combat in Iraq to let any punk @$$ kid try and punk me or try suck up his chest like he hard or somethingt let it go david if anything take their parents to court and sue the crap out of them.

Last edited by 4080wrx; 07-14-2005 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by 4080wrx
i dont know kids are kids but to be honest i have noticed some locals (if the shoe fits wear it) have some sorta stick up their 4th point of contact (@$$) that they have something to prove to the world that they are so hot tempered to quickily engage into a fight or talk like a big boy. me personally i just laugh at it, when i am provoked into a fight or whatever it is just make them look dumb in front of whoever is around. i just have seen to much in life growing up in cali, engaged in ground combat in Iraq to let any punk @$$ kid try and punk me or try suck up his chest like he hard or somethingt let it go david if anything take their parents to court and sue the crap out of them.
yea... that's probably wut'll come down to it. i've learned that taking things the legal way may take some time, but in the long run u benefit more from it. it's also quite amusing to see how quickly these kids will judge me when they don't even know me. they think i'm some rich spoiled kid. but just to throw this out, everything i have, i earned with hard work. and i grew up in oakland. a true ghetto area.

here's just a msg to those kids out there, you guys may all talk about beatin me down and sh*t and talking sh*t about me. understand this guys, you don't know where i'm from. you don't know who i truly am. you don't know wut i've been through. and you don't know wut i'm capable of. so find out before you start doing something stupid. seriously.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:48 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
I can see where this kid is coming from and can probably understand his disappointment. However, his reaction is out of line and immature.

While you did come from Oakland, CA where they have their own brand of ghetto-ness, you can't underestimate the boneheads we have locally. If you think the Salt Lake/Aiea/PC area has some ghetto people, you should check out Ewa Beach, Waipahu, Kalihi, Waianae/Nanakuli areas. Both idiots here and there do not believe in solving things in a civilized manner and will take things into their own hands. It's good that you resort to contacting authorities as a means to solve your problems with encounters with the stupid kind.

Hope the stupid problems around your shop decreases. I'd hate to see you submit to this kind of stuff.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:52 PM

no no. trust me. i've been to a lot of different places. and i don't judge and i don't underestimate these kid's capabilities. and i don't doubt the ewa side either. i've heard stories, and i've experienced a few encounters myself. i don't think salt lake side is ghetto, which is why i don't understand these kids that try to act all ghetto.

thanks sneezer, yea... i have plenty of patience so there's no worries there, but iono, i AM afraid that one of these day i might go down to their level and do something i know i'll regret.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:55 PM

Car Info: 04 PSM WRX
I think Hawaii is no exception when it comes to angry kids trying to act big and gangsta... to the mainland folks, Hawaii is paradise (and shock to find out there are these kind of things going on)... to us, it's just home.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:55 PM

Car Info: 06 F4I & 04 G35 CHEHOOO
dude, your gonna get that everywhere you go. especially hawaii. of course, hawaii isnt really really thugged out like the mainland, but there are MANY young punks around.. being born and raised here, thats how i see it. hawaii isnt some goodie goodie tropical island, well, ok it sorta is but its not all that cracked up to be..

one more thing, david, no offense to you or anything but if your a skinny asian maybe even asian in general, people will pick on you. im probably saying that cuz i used to pick on those kinda people. (lol your thinking myron?) anyways, if people tell that you are somewhat frightened(sp?) then they will most likely take advantage of you. would that guy have done it if you were 300lbs+ huge samoan with tats? i highly doubt it.. just let that kinda stuff go. and if you wanna teach people like him a lesson, then do take them to court. they need to grow up.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:59 PM

dude myron, wut's ur number again? i lost it, give me a call on my cell.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:01 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
i've been blessed to have lived on the east coast for 8 years. i've lived on the big island for 10 years and here on oahu for 12.
sure some places have more of a history of hardships which may determine how serious some "gangsta" talk may be.... but never assume that we are immune to incidents here in "paradise".
quite simply you just never know. . . i'm sure oakland is much more different- but that shouldn't mean that you can assume that these "kids" won't do anything... that's just foolish IMHO.
however, i hope you absolve this in the best manner. and i still wish you well... and maybe oneday you'll become a vendor and sponsor HIIC?

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 07-14-2005, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by gdogg
i've been blessed to have lived on the east coast for 8 years. i've lived on the big island for 10 years and here on oahu for 12.
sure some places have more of a history of hardships which may determine how serious some "gangsta" talk may be.... but never assume that we are immune to incidents here in "paradise".
quite simply you just never know. . . i'm sure oakland is much more different- but that shouldn't mean that you can assume that these "kids" won't do anything... that's just foolish IMHO.
however, i hope you absolve this in the best manner. and i still wish you well... and maybe oneday you'll become a vendor and sponsor HIIC?

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
AH SH*T DUDE!!! i've been meaning to call you about that. lol. are you gonna be at the meet tonite? i don't exactly know where it's at, but maybe we can meet and talk about it tonite? btw, how's ur whole 240 guy situation going? and are there still peeps hating on you because of that post on forums? iono. i try not to go on the forums too much so i haven't read about wut's going to happen or wut's NOT going to happen. lol. anyways man... yea... let me know dude.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:57 PM

Car Info: car
dang man sorry to hear about that. i only know 2 guys from our school with 240s and both i wouldnt expect that kind of behavior. one guy i know wouldnt act that way, hes been my friend since elementary, a bit chubby, lol.

the other i only met this senior year of school, little skinny primered 240. what i know is this guy has been through so much sh*t in that little time i knew him. not the kind where he was messing around, but jus plain bad luck. black rex guy and the other guy that worked at ur place, i only knew them from class n stuff. i dont know much about them, i dont cruise or hang out or whatevers with em... black rex guy is on this forum.

dang, seems like u had a lot of bad luck lately, i hope things work out for u.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:11 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
Should have just thrown his goofy *** out of the store.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by juniorsti
dang man sorry to hear about that. i only know 2 guys from our school with 240s and both i wouldnt expect that kind of behavior. one guy i know wouldnt act that way, hes been my friend since elementary, a bit chubby, lol.

the other i only met this senior year of school, little skinny primered 240. what i know is this guy has been through so much sh*t in that little time i knew him. not the kind where he was messing around, but jus plain bad luck. black rex guy and the other guy that worked at ur place, i only knew them from class n stuff. i dont know much about them, i dont cruise or hang out or whatevers with em... black rex guy is on this forum.

dang, seems like u had a lot of bad luck lately, i hope things work out for u.
thanks dude. it's kids like juniorsti that keep me from pressing charges against kids that came into my store yesterday. hey dude. seriously though. stop on by my shop sometime, i'd like to talk to you about something. it has NOTHING to do with the kids at ur school, so don't worri. aite?
Old 07-14-2005, 11:49 PM

Car Info: gc w/ neons and a wrx that needs neons
damnnnn dude, you should just put the police on speed dial.

i say file a report. local punks and mokes **** me off. there should be some type of system where ninjas take them out at night and help make this island a better place
Old 07-15-2005, 12:21 AM
Troll

Car Info: 04 STI--- 435awhp@Pump Gas **520awhp @ C16 Vp
Lol....you got that right 4080.....

Quick Reply: Kids that think they're gangsta