Who Wants To Seriously Get A Tune??

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 11:51 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx sedan light mod
i'm going to get some sort of tunner.......but i'm just wanting some ideas, i'm down after i get a tunner........
Old 02-11-2006, 12:28 AM

Car Info: 04 XTi.............. Seats down..G's up
Originally Posted by oldmansan
I'm not afraid to call you a n00b. n00bs bolt on every part they can just to blow their motor due to knowing nothing about what they're doing. Tuners take the parts n00bs bolt on and make them act in harmony, actually making horsepower. Tuners also ensure proper air/fuel ratios are attained, boost isn't too high, and detonation doesn't occur. Tuners >>> n00bs.

San
ditto san.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:51 AM

im down but i only have the AP..
Old 02-11-2006, 10:14 AM

Car Info: 2016 Z51 C7, 2007 Exige S, 2008 ZX-10R, 2016 Taco
Well

I'm obviously interested, but need to know when, where, how much.

San
Old 02-11-2006, 04:00 PM

Car Info: ?

San
^^^^What he said.........=)
Old 02-11-2006, 04:11 PM

Car Info: 06 F4I & 04 G35 CHEHOOO
k i will probably know next week possibly monday or tuesday..

san, you got a good point also.. WHERE???? we need to find a safe isolated area.. dont know of places but i hear some military people have connections to air strips? or did i hear it wrong?
Old 02-11-2006, 06:30 PM

Car Info: 05 STI
Wink

I'm not afraid to call you a n00b. n00bs bolt on every part they can just to blow their motor due to knowing nothing about what they're doing. Tuners take the parts n00bs bolt on and make them act in harmony, actually making horsepower. Tuners also ensure proper air/fuel ratios are attained, boost isn't too high, and detonation doesn't occur. Tuners >>> n00bs.

San
okay NOOB....obviously tuners "ensure proper air/fuel ratios, make sure boost isn't too high, ENSURE detonation doesn't occur" doesn't take a NOOB to figure that out... lemme ask you this..how many people do you know have "blown up their motor" w/ simple bolt on mods???? particularly in hawaii??? well if yourself or others have done this then they're obviously a NOOB...Now here in hawaii there is no AWD dyno, or places that can tune these cars when they're modded right? thus being the reason why cobb or gruppe-s may come out, following me??? well in MY opinion if you're running all these parts that NEED a TUNE/TUNER you're a freakin NOOB for using these parts...something else to add, even IF they had all these mods that "need a tune" but are running them w/ out a tune.. (which is very possible although it may run like crap or even BLOW up your motor) You should never be able to BLOW up your car driving on the safe streets of hawaii, going at the safe speeds/laws we have..BUT, if you go to the tracks (which will be closing down) you feed your need for speed and open that bad boy up!!! now in this case there is a high possibility of blowin up your motor w/out a tune..maybe over boosting, detonation..go ahead NOOB, you can name the rest...anyways...i never did say that tuning sucks or it's not needed, i infact said i wouldn't mind a tune myself....BUT in my opinion it's more beneficial if/when you can go to the track, to see the true difference...if not i don't need that extra performance, i mean shiet the car is fast enough for getting place to place....bleah..anyways i think it would be a noob thing for somebody to run these parts if you have a high risk of somethin bad happening IF you need, but dont have a tune...and for the record, I'm not afraid to call you _____(whatever you can imagine) also? have a great weekend... p.s. i hate havin a bad day, i take everything in the wrong way
Old 02-11-2006, 07:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: ~Wrong Fitment Crew~ Quest for Perfection!
Talking

San
same here!!!
ryan
Old 02-12-2006, 09:53 AM

Talking Well,

Originally Posted by nodnarb2785
okay NOOB....obviously tuners "ensure proper air/fuel ratios, make sure boost isn't too high, ENSURE detonation doesn't occur" doesn't take a NOOB to figure that out... lemme ask you this..how many people do you know have "blown up their motor" w/ simple bolt on mods???? particularly in hawaii??? well if yourself or others have done this then they're obviously a NOOB...Now here in hawaii there is no AWD dyno, or places that can tune these cars when they're modded right? thus being the reason why cobb or gruppe-s may come out, following me??? well in MY opinion if you're running all these parts that NEED a TUNE/TUNER you're a freakin NOOB for using these parts...something else to add, even IF they had all these mods that "need a tune" but are running them w/ out a tune.. (which is very possible although it may run like crap or even BLOW up your motor) You should never be able to BLOW up your car driving on the safe streets of hawaii, going at the safe speeds/laws we have..BUT, if you go to the tracks (which will be closing down) you feed your need for speed and open that bad boy up!!! now in this case there is a high possibility of blowin up your motor w/out a tune..maybe over boosting, detonation..go ahead NOOB, you can name the rest...anyways...i never did say that tuning sucks or it's not needed, i infact said i wouldn't mind a tune myself....BUT in my opinion it's more beneficial if/when you can go to the track, to see the true difference...if not i don't need that extra performance, i mean shiet the car is fast enough for getting place to place....bleah..anyways i think it would be a noob thing for somebody to run these parts if you have a high risk of somethin bad happening IF you need, but dont have a tune...and for the record, I'm not afraid to call you _____(whatever you can imagine) also? have a great weekend... p.s. i hate havin a bad day, i take everything in the wrong way
according to some shop mechanics, the first blown WRX engine in North America was here on the island. Boost controller and exhaust were the only mods. Too much boost. Subarus are unlike other motors, detonation kills them. You've been here less than six months, question why people would want a tune with the tracks closing, and you're calling me a n00b? You can't even spell it! This board is deteriorating fast. What ever happened to grammar and sentences?
Old 02-12-2006, 11:02 AM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
according to some shop mechanics, the first blown WRX engine in North America was here on the island. Boost controller and exhaust were the only mods. Too much boost. Subarus are unlike other motors, detonation kills them. You've been here less than six months, question why people would want a tune with the tracks closing, and you're calling me a n00b? You can't even spell it! This board is deteriorating fast. What ever happened to grammar and sentences?
i totally agree with you on this one San... that our board is totally deteriorating faster that ever before.

Also... BRANDON (nodnarb2785) is it. San has been on this board and our previous board for years. unforunately he doesn't post enough since there is to much garbage here. Like myself haven't been posting much lately due to this.

I don't know if you've actually came out to the track to meet any of us and i don't know if you've actually came out and ran in a track day with us (subaru track day) but i suggest (just a suggestion) before you start calling someone a n00b you better know who you're calling a n00b first. A lot of our reputation (i-club) over the PAST (i say past since our reputation...etc. has been destroyed by the n00bies) few years up until recently has been made by quality members contributing to this board and this board has been a family oriented place where MATURE individuals share the same interests.

I do understand your feelings on not getting a tune if the track (not tracks since we have only one) is closing but you have to remember that you still have the pieces on your car that would benefit from a tune if you drive your car daily in that condition. Of course this wouldn't apply if you plan on selling all the parts currently on your car once the track closes. Cars that have properly tuned EM benefit because the car will run a whole lot better. will consume less gas. run more efficiently.

well regardless of if the track closes or not I'm still interested in getting a good tune (i prefer a dyno tune but we don't have one here so i'll have to get the next best thing if it's available. though it might be impossible). But since I auto-x i'll still be able to get my fix

Jon
Old 02-12-2006, 11:22 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Ha ha ha ha. And so it goes.

San knows what he knows. There is much reading and testing he's put into his car. If one were wise, one would listen to what he has to say. He's obviously an Airman and not a tuner by trade, but when on an island with no integral experts nor facilities, one does with what they have. Why the bile anyhow?

You know, if things pan out like I intend, in a few years the mighty gpatmac will be y'alls tuner. If I'm able to work it, I'll be partners with Farid or Chibby and Subsonic or Boloheadrat and we'll have an AWD dyno. Maybe Oahu. Maybe Maui. It will be somewhere, maybe not even Hawaii, but it will somehow incorporate current or former HIIC'ers.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:24 AM

Car Info: 51E LHD V7 STI (2.0)
:banana:

hey pat did you get my PM on the software you sent me? PM me later
Old 02-12-2006, 11:32 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
I didn't.

I don't think my inbox is full. Try gpatmac@hotmail.com.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:07 PM

I

really don't post here often, but sometimes I feel it's necessary. If you've been around at all, you know iNfek and gpatmac are some of the board regulars. I've been on this board for some time. I ain't no n00b. Check my profile. 2002 bugeye. Don't think for a minute it ain't fast. Don't think for a minute it don't corner. Matter of fact, think for a minute, especially before you post again. I don't pose, I ain't that pretty.

San
Old 02-12-2006, 08:44 PM

Car Info: STI
Have we really come to the point where someone like San is a noob???? Is this all a joke? The guy that test and tunes on his own, has tried a wide variety of parts (steering rack quickener etc.), and gives an honest opinion without the BS.....is a noob

San, you may be a noob.....but you're still king of the grill

Quick Reply: Who Wants To Seriously Get A Tune??