Show and Shine Show off your completed pride and joy here.

my jdm gsr project. from yuck to wow

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 12:23 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Should of left some of the black trim on the front bumper black.

You need the type r lip kit.
5 lug swap.
Then turbo it =)
Old 02-26-2008, 02:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: e39
Originally Posted by BLUEJ20
clean man ****
**** I know right? hahah
Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al
Should of left some of the black trim on the front bumper black.

You need the type r lip kit.
5 lug swap.
Then turbo it =)
Well right now oil is dripping from the oil pan looks like i'm gonna need a new oil pan gasket but what i'm gonna do is put sealant around the areas its leaking and hopefully it fixes it. I'm annoyed because I dropped off the car to do a 16.99 oil change now my oil pan is leaking.....whatever I shouldn't have been lazy. Yes I agree al I should of left that little piece in the front bumper black....Well I gotta take it back to the shop where I got it painted anyways because I gotta have them repaint the lip on the car so i'll just have them redo the front bumper at the same time. I never noticed it in when i first got it done. But I guess a lot of honda guys hella look at that little black part. Ehh go figure. Now for the 5 lug conversion and turbo.....Sounds nice it would be pretty pimp if I could do that

Last edited by Egan; 03-01-2008 at 07:36 AM. Reason: don't dodge the swear filter
Old 02-26-2008, 10:32 PM

Car Info: black 05 sti
looks good.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:35 PM

Car Info: 2004 Mazda RX-8
You work very fast.
Ditto. Nice work though man, very clean
Old 02-26-2008, 10:55 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Originally Posted by tamashi523
***** I know right? hahah

Well right now oil is dripping from the oil pan looks like i'm gonna need a new oil pan gasket but what i'm gonna do is put sealant around the areas its leaking and hopefully it fixes it. I'm annoyed because I dropped off the car to do a 16.99 oil change now my oil pan is leaking.....whatever I shouldn't have been lazy. Yes I agree al I should of left that little piece in the front bumper black....Well I gotta take it back to the shop where I got it painted anyways because I gotta have them repaint the lip on the car so i'll just have them redo the front bumper at the same time. I never noticed it in when i first got it done. But I guess a lot of honda guys hella look at that little black part. Ehh go figure. Now for the 5 lug conversion and turbo.....Sounds nice it would be pretty pimp if I could do that
haha does that make me a honda guy?
I know on honda-tech its always needs to be lower, more jdm, or some uber rare wheels or some crap like that.

I like the direction your car is going in. From the pictures of your civic I'm sure this one is gonna kick *** too.
Modding a honda is so much cheaper than modding a suby.

I know someone selling a turbo kit :RockOn - not mine:

400whp easy on the good ol b18c1. Just gotta put the power down

Good luck with the build Raymond and keep us updated.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:45 AM
VIP Member

haha does that make me a honda guy?
I know on honda-tech its always needs to be lower, more jdm, or some uber rare wheels or some crap like that.

I like the direction your car is going in. From the pictures of your civic I'm sure this one is gonna kick *** too.
Modding a honda is so much cheaper than modding a suby.

I know someone selling a turbo kit :RockOn - not mine:

400whp easy on the good ol b18c1. Just gotta put the power down

Good luck with the build Raymond and keep us updated.
Man you r soooo dead on with honda-tech. haha
thanks for the kind words i'll post up some better pictures whenver I get my camera fixed again for like the 2nd time. (my camera likes to fall on the ground and break) Hopefully i'll have have more time early march to drop my car off back to my shop and get the things I need to fix done.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:03 AM
The weal amewican hewo!

Car Info: 02 Aspen White sedan
hey tamashi...where did you get the jdm front end at? and how much?

i am going to be buying my coworkers 96 rs soon for a commute car and wanted to do just some minor stuff...front end, drop and rims? what are you lowered on too...nice job...

did you do all the work yourself, if so...how long did it take to do the total conversion?

...my bads for the barrage of questions
Old 02-27-2008, 11:14 AM

Car Info: civic
drop a k20a in there.

wont be a "ehhh slow car" anymore =]
Old 02-27-2008, 01:50 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by DanyoCantDrift
hey tamashi...where did you get the jdm front end at? and how much?

i am going to be buying my coworkers 96 rs soon for a commute car and wanted to do just some minor stuff...front end, drop and rims? what are you lowered on too...nice job...

did you do all the work yourself, if so...how long did it take to do the total conversion?

...my bads for the barrage of questions
well to help answer some of ur questions.
1) go to n1 concepts in sf they have great prices for a complete jdm conversion. You should be able to get it for around 1300 and make sure it comes with of course the front bumper, grill, radiator support/bumper support, headlights (get the one with the black housing like I did looks more baller) fenders, sidemarker for the fenders, and the last thing is try to make sure they include the latch wire for it. I didn't get the latch thing so I custom did mine.
2) Did I do it myself? Err nope took I took it to a bodyshop near me to do it. Putting the fenders on and bumper is easy but the hard part is you need to know how to weld on the radiator support. I have no experience in that so I had the professionals take care of it. The other hard part is wiring the headlights, turn signals, and city lights. If your good with electrical stuff then you should be able to do it....If your not let someone that knows what there doing take care of it because if u short anything out it can be pretty expensive to fix. Oh also make sure u change out ur fuse to something thats can handle more watts because ur gonna have more lights when u install the jdm front. I didn't do that at first...and when I was driving the interior lights didn't turn on, my brake light didn't turn on so it looked like I wasn't stepping on the brakes, and my signal light didnt work. I checked the fuses and I changed it out.
3)For suspension I have a set of skunk2 coilovers, it's simple and gives me the flexability of lowering or raising my car whenever. It actually rides pretty good but it's stiffer then I anticipated....Basically my goals for this car is the same as urs. I just wanted a fun, decent looking daily driver that is good on gas and is cheap to maintain. My gsr takes care of all of what I was looking for.
4) Currently with all the money i've saved buying this car instead of say...an m3 i'm able to invest the funds and hopefully make some extra interest to buy the family an suv!

hope that was helpful!
Old 02-27-2008, 07:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
looking good man, the championship white is killer

makes me wanna get a honda as my beater lol
Old 02-27-2008, 08:09 PM

Car Info: 04wrx
wow very clean.. you stole my idea... I was going to sell my subie to get a gsr w/ jdm front and a cbr ahha.

good ****.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:50 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by A.V.E.
looking good man, the championship white is killer

makes me wanna get a honda as my beater lol
hahah well hey u got the hook up for rotas! So at least u got it made for the wheel dept.
Originally Posted by wrxguy
wow very clean.. you stole my idea... I was going to sell my subie to get a gsr w/ jdm front and a cbr ahha.

good ****.
hey you can still do it! We can have twin cars again! haha But it's kinda scary having a jdm front in the city though....I already have a few friends that got there cars stolen.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:25 AM

Car Info: White 04 WRX
ill always love jdm front end on a dc2...lovin it man
Old 02-29-2008, 07:51 AM

Car Info: 04 EJ207 6mt WRX, 08 Spec B
Nice car, yeah dude Hondas only look good if they are all "JDM" d out, i had a 98 Lude all type S' d out, that **** can get expensive...
Old 02-29-2008, 08:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
I like it...looks nice and clean.

No sense in doing power mods unless you're gonna throw a K20 in and then you jump into a whole big money pit.

Just keep that GSR motor running good and play with the suspension IMHO.

I want a GSR as well to be my DD...but am afraid I will start modding it like crazy too!

Quick Reply: my jdm gsr project. from yuck to wow