Show and Shine Show off your completed pride and joy here.

GST Impreza "L" 2010

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 08:42 PM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
Here's a few more....

Old 01-04-2010, 08:43 PM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
Forgot one....

Old 01-05-2010, 03:26 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
That's a nice one too.

Finally some decent shots of the car in current state.
Almost as nice as the dyno numbers....
Old 01-05-2010, 04:21 PM

Car Info: 2005 forester
****ing awsome!!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
OMG, this picture have me a friggin boner!!!

If you're an old school sube fanatic, you'll appreciate that angle and for good reason. When the 22B came out in 1998 it came with very wide (not as wide as the GST car of course, lol) fenders from the factory, so it was a wide body CG8 which was the cream of the crop back then... Anyway, the main promotional picture was an overhead shot that showed you the fender blisters just like how you can see the GST fenders.

Sooooo frigging HOT, you guys have done such an amazing job on that car, words can't even describe how friggin great it is. You guys truly are amazing at what you do and I'm soooo proud of you Mike (as well as your entire team). The "L" is one amazing machine and quite possibly the fastest track going Subaru in the world (not drag racing), well, one of them at least. That thing is a MONSTER and with those fenders you made it into even more of a monster!

Imagine if you guys had the budget that Crawford Performance has (the cash they get from SOA as well as all their other sponsors), can you imagine how INSANE that "L" would be? It already kicks the crap out of the crawford car, I just can't imagine it being any faster.

It's great to watch the car progress year by year. Every year you guys have something new in store. 2009 was one hell of a year for that bad boy... With the flat bottom, wider fenders, anti-lag, new tire choice, new color scheme (which is by far the best you've had to do date), and that's just to name a few... You guys really are true to your work, you work your asses off and your hard work shows in every aspect. God damn that thing is soooo sick!!!!

The front fenders look so bad *** with the air-gap, or "gills" as some people call them... Like in this pic:

It totally reminds me of the old Cusco GC8 JGTC race car (which was made of all carbon fiber because they had a friggin unlimited budget, but I still think the L would give it a run for its money!). The fenders really do make the car look ferocious! Don't get me wromg, the old wide fenders (bolt on ones) were great and all, but these... Oh man, these are the most bad *** looking wide fenders Ive EVER seen on a Subaru. EVER, HANDS DOWN.

Dare I say it? Looks more bad *** then a friggin 22B!!!!

You guys have really outdone yourselves this time. I can't wait to see what kind of numbers those 355 series tires are going to put down! (That is if you use 355's, which you totally can thanks to those fenders from hell!!!!)

In case you don't know what a 22B is, and if you don't, it's pretty sad since it was considered the best subaru production car EVER made, it was basically the 1998 WRC rally car body with street trim and with a closed deck 2.2L engine... It was the friggin BOMB when it came out. Only like 300 of them were made so they are SUPER rare.

Anyway, here's the above pic that shows the wide fenders, these were considered WIDE, and then look at the GST pic after seeing this one!!!

Subaru Impreza WRX STI 22B

The 22B was the car that everyone wanted thier cars to be, and although there are faster subies out there, it was the first to have DCCD, first to have that specific motor, the first to have an adjustable wing (you could change the tilt of the top flap for more downforce), first to have a wide body and WRC car replica body style... It was the first to have a lot of things and was charished by enthusiasts all over the world, and even 12 years later, it's still drooled on by old school folks like me and the others that were around when it came out.

Anyway, that was a really long post. Congrats to GST for a PHENOMINAL job at making that stock Impreza L into the "fire breathing" monster. You guys are lucky to have Gary as a driver, he's a really cool guy and def knows how to post times!

The L needs to be put into Gran Turismo... That's how special I think that car is. It def looks like one of the all out race cars from Gran Turismo with it's crazy body, great paint scheme, and INSANE amount of power and grip thanks to those insanely wide tires.

Im going to try to drag my wife out to the next time attack even in which you are participating in... She's really interested in seeing a real life race and she's a fan of GST and LIC (just like me!).

I could really go on and on and on and on about this damn beast but I''ll cut myself off to spare you from reading my rambling.

Last edited by brucelee; 01-06-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:24 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
LOL street cars squeeze 255's, we're going for 355's son.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:04 PM

Car Info: 2005 aspen white wrx 2011 lr sti hatch
very nice.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by ipozestu
LOL street cars squeeze 255's, we're going for 355's son.
Oh, you know what I meant, that was a total typo... Im running 255's on my STi... I meant to say 355's which is just INSANE!!! Not staggered either, all the way around!!! 355's on all 4 wheels if they wanted to!!! How frigging crazy is that!?

*orgasms*
Old 01-06-2010, 08:29 PM

BTW, I can't say this enough, but GST friggin rocks so hard and I love that entire team so much! You guys take everything ti a new and extended level, you deserve everything positive that has come to you over the years. You guys have done thing other teams only DREAM of doing and it's all because of your dedication, hard work, and your TEAM WORK. You guys have a great team going and without the unique combo of talent I don't think the race car would be where it is today.

*raises glass of beer in the honor of the "L" and it's crew*

You guys deserve every ounce of it.

PS: You can't forget your loyal fan base that does all they can to support you! Does that mean we all get free up pipes? for being so supportive!? jk of course, a down pipe would be a much better choice.

Last edited by brucelee; 01-06-2010 at 08:39 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:10 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
updates yo!
Old 03-11-2013, 03:33 PM

Car Info: '06 CGM STI
Mike is working on another boxer motor for another manufacturer in another part of the state to compete in another type of racing.