Too eary Toosday

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 07:39 PM
Call me Pebbles

Car Info: Moist
Originally Posted by Chris GTO TT
Now the guy who said there's 50/50 odds of survival said the randomness of radioactive decay has nothing to do with the thought experiment... Isn't that the entire point of the thought experiment...
It's more the premise than the point. The point is show the flaw in the hypothesis that interacting with a particle determines the state in which the particle occupies when applied to large systems.

Originally Posted by rupees88
moar.
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
always more
If we keep it subatomic --

The states of a coupled pair of particles cannot be determined or considered individually. Metaphorically speaking, it is to say that whether or not the cat is dead is immaterial unless someone observes it. The state of the as-yet-to-be observed particle has no meaning prior to measurement. The probability that the as-yet-to-be observed particle is in any allowed state is non-zero for all allowed (quantized) states, no matter how small the probability.

The measurement/interaction of the observing particle and the now-observed particle allows us to determine the state of the observed particle once the observing particle has interacted.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:52 PM
Give Me All the Miatas

Car Info: 2001 Miata
Originally Posted by Rev. Rob Large
It's more the premise than the point. The point is show the flaw in the hypothesis that interacting with a particle determines the state in which the particle occupies when applied to large systems.

The states of a coupled pair of particles cannot be determined or considered individually. Metaphorically speaking, it is to say that whether or not the cat is dead is immaterial unless someone observes it. The state of the as-yet-to-be observed particle has no meaning prior to measurement. The probability that the as-yet-to-be observed particle is in any allowed state is non-zero for all allowed (quantized) states, no matter how small the probability.

The measurement/interaction of the observing particle and the now-observed particle allows us to determine the state of the observed particle once the observing particle has interacted.
This episode of Physics with Samir is brought to you by the letters H & E and the number 9.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:58 PM
Call me Pebbles

Car Info: Moist
Originally Posted by Chris GTO TT
This episode of Physics with Samir is brought to you by the letters H & E and the number 9.
Almost slam dunked this. If only you had said the number 23 as Psi is the 23rd letter of the greek alphabet.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:50 PM
Give Me All the Miatas

Car Info: 2001 Miata
LULZ I was just picking random ****.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:39 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Originally Posted by Rev. Rob Large

Oh, Samir...

Name:  tumblr_lgp33aKGeU1qbi5gqo1_400.gif
Views: 18
Size:  19 Bytes