Much Tiredness Monday

Old 01-25-2016, 08:51 PM

Car Info: AW Pig-STI
Doh and I thought my day wasn't promising.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:54 PM

Car Info: bugeye
Heavenly (as well as Northstar and Kirkwood) were bought out by Vail Resorts and the Tahoe Basin went from being all individual resorts other than previous "friendly" relationships between groups to being the Vail Group essentially against the Tahoe Basin and with less competition and the last few years drawing smaller crowds due to lack of snow and resorts like Kirkwood needing major expenses like CAT generators replaced the break even point for tickets is much higher.
As for sled hills and such for learning, I think the better places for learning are generally on the North Side of Tahoe like Donner Ski Ranch or Boreal since they are shorter hills and the cost of a ticket is about half the larger resorts and they both have sled hills at them.
There's also Granlibakken in Tahoe City which is a pretty fun sled hill that also has short beginner snowboard/ski runs, when I was a kid I thought this was the most fun as there were courses and options to go down not just a hill with everyone fighting for space.
Hansen's is right next to Heavenly and decent, but only two runs. Or there's the one at Heavenly which I think the expensive part there is having to pay for the gondola ride to get to/from the mountain.
There's a couple Public Parks that have decent small hill sledding Sawmill Pond and the second I don't recall the name but it's right where 207 for Kingsbury Grade splits off US50.
There's also sledding in Strawberry (Free) and Echo Summit (not free) when you come up 50 into South Lake.
Now I haven't been up to Tahoe much the last 4 years other than day trips to Kirkwood & Boreal so I don't know if things have changed but from all the time I used to spend up there that's what I have for you
Old 01-25-2016, 10:27 PM
In Russia, Title Choose You.

Car Info: Everywhere
thanks man, that really helps. I'll be googling all those places