Monday monday monday

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 09:28 AM
Moist IT Outsourcing Services

Car Info: Mahindra Tractor
Originally Posted by UnderTheRadar
This looks like an interesting set up...
No BS I saw a lifted Mk2 Supra with mudding tires here in Scotts Valley. My brain had to reboot after that one.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:47 AM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Car Info: 2013 Forester on Towstrap
Hello everybody
Old 03-28-2016, 11:17 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Old 03-28-2016, 11:17 AM
Call me Pebbles

Car Info: Moist
Making Excel scream and moan in agony. Approximately 55,000 rows and 7-10 columns of data being shoved through 6 columns of operations. Muahahaha!! Bend over you, little *****, and take it! TAKE IT ALL!! BLEEEEEEED FOR MEEEE!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2016, 11:34 AM
Churro Aficionado

32 or 64 bit MS Office?
Old 03-28-2016, 12:02 PM
Call me Pebbles

64. This is the new machine I got because the rocket surgeons in IT couldn't figure out why the 64-bit programs they were trying to install weren't going on the 32-bit machine I had. lol

Win 7 Pro SP1 64-bit
i7-4790 @ 3.60 GHz
16 GB RAM
Old 03-28-2016, 12:21 PM
Churro Aficionado

Do like
Old 03-28-2016, 12:26 PM
Where's Mah Reachin' Stick?

Car Info: On the right side
Originally Posted by Rev. Rob Large
64. This is the new machine I got because the rocket surgeons in IT couldn't figure out why the 64-bit programs they were trying to install weren't going on the 32-bit machine I had. lol

Win 7 Pro SP1 64-bit
i7-4790 @ 3.60 GHz
16 GB RAM
I do like those specs...they are cute
Old 03-28-2016, 12:40 PM
Churro Aficionado

Old 03-28-2016, 12:46 PM

Win 7 Pro SP1 64-bit
i7-4790 @ 3.60 GHz
16 GB RAM
#****box.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:12 PM
Call me Pebbles

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Do like
Originally Posted by UnderTheRadar
I do like those specs...they are cute
Originally Posted by rupees88
#****box.
Unfortunately, we don't have any kind of say/input into what kind of machine we get. We're at the mercy of our IT branch and their "professional judgement and expertise on procurement solutions" because, you know, what do we know? We're just the end user and are less likely to be more knowledgeable of the type and specifications of the systems we need to perform our technical duties than the average lab-experiment-reject with a "high-level proficiency in MS Office" that gets hired over there that doesn't know they ****ing difference between a 32-bit and 64-bit operating system!!

Old 03-28-2016, 01:17 PM
Where's Mah Reachin' Stick?

Car Info: On the right side
Unfortunately, we don't have any kind of say/input into what kind of machine we get. We're at the mercy of our IT branch and their "professional judgement and expertise on procurement solutions" because, you know, what do we know? We're just the end user and are less likely to be more knowledgeable of the type and specifications of the systems we need to perform our technical duties than the average lab-experiment-reject with a "high-level proficiency in MS Office" that gets hired over there that doesn't know they ****ing difference between a 32-bit and 64-bit operating system!!
Old 03-28-2016, 01:29 PM

In all honesty your box is better than the box I have at work. I understand your frustration, and I agree it should be a more transparent and an easier process. Unfortunately, there has to be somebody at the top who get's misty eyed by some smoke and mirrors technology and decides to buy stupid equipment in mass causing massive headaches for the staff. I can't vouch for the IT staff you have so I don't know what their thought process on all of it is.

Ideally they should have a 3-tier model with basic, high and roam systems. The majority of people should have a dumb system, special people like yourself should have a powerful physical desktop and then you have the select few with laptops.

But what do I know, I'm just an engineer.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:58 PM
Churro Aficionado

Most of our boxes are

i5
64 bit but run 32 MS Office
8GB RAM

There are older ones out there that will/do need to be replaced, then a handful that are much nicer, because the user requires the extra hardware for their duties.
Old 03-28-2016, 02:02 PM
Call me Pebbles

Originally Posted by rupees88
In all honesty your box is better than the box I have at work. I understand your frustration, and I agree it should be a more transparent and an easier process. Unfortunately, there has to be somebody at the top who get's misty eyed by some smoke and mirrors technology and decides to buy stupid equipment in mass causing massive headaches for the staff. I can't vouch for the IT staff you have so I don't know what their thought process on all of it is.

Ideally they should have a 3-tier model with basic, high and roam systems. The majority of people should have a dumb system, special people like yourself should have a powerful physical desktop and then you have the select few with laptops.

But what do I know, I'm just an engineer.
To give you an idea of the "quality" of personnel we have over there, the branch manager (the head honcho, big cheese, THE person in charge) of IT has only a high school diploma--no post-secondary education, no specialty or vocational education in information technology, computer science, etc. She has been with branch since Christ was a Corporal and somehow maneuvered her way into that position, presumably through exchanges of various sexual favors because God knows it was based on her technical expertise in the field. She runs it like her own little self-identified theocracy.

To put it concisely: this very woman issued a Department-wide memorandum "forbidding" us to install firefox or chrome on our machines because they are "far less stable, less reliable and, above all, far less secure than IE."

I. ****. you. not.

Quick Reply: Monday monday monday