Back again, this time for good! Woodland/Elk Grove

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 06:28 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5RS

What's up everyone, hope all is well on this hot Friday. I had a short stay on here a few years ago with my 2012 WRX Hatch (my intro thread here: https://www.i-club.com/forums/newbie...ho-pix-240200/). Since then a lot has changed for me. A LOT, but we don't need to get into that. I had to give up my WRX and start driving a POS Ford, but at least I live in Elk Grove now and I'm out of Woodland lol.

I recently picked up the car that I've truly always wanted. Finally have that tingly feeling all over again like when I got my first 240sx lol.

2000 Silver GM8 in amazing condition. See the attached photo. I'm shocked at the condition its in.

When I drove my WRX, although I did enjoy it, I didn't feel connected to the car the way I thought I would. I'm not sure what it was. Maybe how much it cost, the fact that I didn't need to work on it to make it fast or handle better, or that I bought it when I was married, was forced to refinance to take the B's name off, and the memory of buying the car with my ex wife. That was most likely it lol.

Now with this car, I get to start all over. I love this car man. It came with a few goodies that I didn't expect. A Borla exhaust, WRX Rear Sway bar that definitely causes a really nice over-steer, Cobb Shift ****, and I nice head gasket replacement a few thousand miles ago lol.

Just like before, I'm still really new to Subaru, but I've already worked on this car more in a very short time than I ever did with my old WRX. I have some questions that I might bother you guys with, or I'll ask in the correct forums.

Either way, I'm never getting rid of this car. I usually go nuts with my project cars like gutting them, putting on the stiffest suspension I could buy, straight pipe exhaust, etc etc. I don't plan on doing that to this Classic car. I'll try to stick to the stock look as I feel it's the best looking car ever made. Ever. First, it needs a new clutch, after that I'll do some suspension work. This of course after I do much more maintenance.

Anyways, I'm so excited to be back on here. I hope to be more active this time around b/c last time I said whats up, and bounced. I'll look into getting to those Thursday Meets and introduce myself to everyone in person. In the mean time, yeah I drive up and down Laguna whenever I get a chance lol. See you guys around.

-Andrew
Attached Thumbnails Back again, this time for good! Woodland/Elk Grove-andrew-zaragoza-2000-subaru-impreza-2.5rs-final-1.jpg  
Old 06-26-2015, 09:45 PM

Car Info: $2000 hawkeye
Welcome back! Car looks super clean!
Old 06-27-2015, 12:30 AM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Car Info: 2013 Forester on Towstrap
Welcome back
Old 06-27-2015, 09:09 AM

Thanks a lot guys. Very minimal cosmetic damage inside and out, she is surprisingly clean. Any recommendations for window tinting near Elk Grove?
Old 06-27-2015, 06:04 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Welcome back. You should swing by the Thurs night meets if you're ever available.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:42 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru WRX
Nice car!
Old 06-28-2015, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Holdenian
Nice car!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Welcome back. You should swing by the Thurs night meets if you're ever available.
I'm hoping to make it to the meats... The meets as well. Hopefully I can make the next one.

Thanks a lot for the welcoming everyone.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:54 PM
Where's Mah Reachin' Stick?

Car Info: On the right side
Welcome back and very nice ride!