After Suberball Monday

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 10:27 AM
Enjoys his Ponies

Car Info: 2014 Mustang GT Premium 5.0
That was one of the dumbest play calls in a Super Bowl that I can remember. How the **** don't you run it 4 times to lynch. They had a timeout as well. Off the top of my head I can't think of a dumber play call in that scenario.

Also, I love all the 'sick' people at work today. If I really was sick I think I'd still come in to work today and then once i showed everyone, no no, it wasn't too many beers I'm really sick. I'd leave for the day.

No one is buying it, we know why you aren't here
Old 02-02-2015, 10:32 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
2nd down, probably figured a pass play was a good attempt, and if it was INC then have Lynch run it on 3rd.

they were probably trying to run down the clock, last thing you want to do is give Brady the ball back with 1:00 left on the clock to win the game.

Too bad it failed miserably for the ***** Pigeons.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:36 AM
Enjoys his Ponies

Originally Posted by Max Xevious
2nd down, probably figured a pass play was a good attempt, and if it was INC then have Lynch run it on 3rd.

they were probably trying to run down the clock, last thing you want to do is give Brady the ball back with 1:00 left on the clock to win the game.

Too bad it failed miserably for the ***** Pigeons.
Yes, but you are risking exactly what happened

If you're killing the clock that's even more reasons to run the ball, incomplete passes stop the clock.

It was an unnecessary risk. You have one of the best defenses in football. Attempt to shove that ball down the Pats throat to get the lead and see if you can put together 30 seconds of good defense. There's truly no logic for that play call.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:48 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
I didn't say it was a good call, just probably what was going through their heads.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:09 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by Max Xevious
someone entertain me!

that was such a good episode
Old 02-02-2015, 04:29 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Name:  Dbqb5sq.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  73.2 KB
Old 02-02-2015, 05:07 PM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Car Info: 2013 Forester on Towstrap
Originally Posted by TheLegend
That was one of the dumbest play calls in a Super Bowl that I can remember. How the **** don't you run it 4 times to lynch. They had a timeout as well. Off the top of my head I can't think of a dumber play call in that scenario.

Also, I love all the 'sick' people at work today. If I really was sick I think I'd still come in to work today and then once i showed everyone, no no, it wasn't too many beers I'm really sick. I'd leave for the day.

No one is buying it, we know why you aren't here
It was already 2nd down so they only could run 3 plays. Also if you look at it, the line was stacked cause they were ready for the run, so why not try a throw? Also it was bad placement by Wilson trying to throw it to the inside shoulder and was read perfectly by Butler. So you really can't put blame on the coach for that play call. Everybody expected the run so why not try passing?

Also what if Wilson or Beastmode would have fumbled the ball during the exchange? You never know as anything can happen.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:46 AM
Enjoys his Ponies

Originally Posted by The Law
It was already 2nd down so they only could run 3 plays. Also if you look at it, the line was stacked cause they were ready for the run, so why not try a throw? Also it was bad placement by Wilson trying to throw it to the inside shoulder and was read perfectly by Butler. So you really can't put blame on the coach for that play call. Everybody expected the run so why not try passing?

Also what if Wilson or Beastmode would have fumbled the ball during the exchange? You never know as anything can happen.
Right, run on first, second, third and 4th. Lynch was averaging 4 yards a carry, he only needed 1 yard and had 4 attempts to do so. Why not try to throw? You saw why you don't try to throw. Throwing that up against the goal line is actually pretty difficult since the end zone is so pack, it leads to tipped ***** at the line all the time which become essentially freeballs. You 100% can put blame on the coach in that situation and if you listened to sports talk radio you would hear that it's being called "The worst playcall in Super Bowl history".

Lynch has a total of 3 post-season fumbles. 8 total career fumbles. Running the ball has the lowest chances of turning the ball over in football. If Lynch and Wilson would have fumbled the snap people would just say that it was unfortunate but it was the right play call. Even if they score there it was an idiotic play call that could have ended in disaster(which it did).

It was an awful play call with absolutely no logic behind it. They tried to be cute and it bit them in the ***. They also needed to waste time to not give Brady too much time to go down the field and get in to field goal range, throwing stops the clock if it's not caught which is stupid to do in that situation as well.