Photoshop & Photography Use this forum to talk about anything related to photography and photoshop. Post the following: your photography portfolio, photoshop portfolio, request for photoshop work, questions about camera equipment, etc.

Bay Area Photographers

Old 02-12-2008, 08:02 PM

Car Info: Porsche 911 GT3
Originally Posted by earlyapex
This one? Slow shutter speed.

shame on you. you're telling enough. you should tell the speed and if you used a special filter to slow it down. confess brother.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:06 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
its kinda like a video game or movie, i dont want to know the secrets.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by MyNikonLens
shame on you. you're telling enough. you should tell the speed and if you used a special filter to slow it down. confess brother.
Make NIKON CORPORATION Model NIKON D70
Aperture Value f/22 Color Space sRGB
Exposure Bias Value 0 EV Exposure Program Aperture Priority
Flash No Flash Focal Length 35 mm
ISO 200 Metering Mode Spot
Shutter Speed Value 0.6 sec Date/Time Wed 22 Sep 2004 09:36:10 PM EDT

And i think he has a MAC too!

Last edited by Rescuer; 02-12-2008 at 08:17 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:49 PM

Car Info: 05' Evo MR w/E85 - 10' Ralliart Sportback w/E85
Mac and Win.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:54 PM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
so what photography forums/websites do people frequent?

Last edited by SubyN00by; 02-12-2008 at 08:59 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:58 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
not i-club's because peoples questions never get answered

well, answered in about 25 days haha

https://www.i-club.com/forums/photoshop-photography-205/help-auto-interface-overlay-your-photos-177042/
Old 02-12-2008, 09:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 00 BRP RS LIC'd 01 EJ207 + non DCCD 6 Speed
Originally Posted by JZ oo7
if you're shooting raw, you can use adobe camera raw to create the vignetting.
Agreed. Much easier than trying to do it in PS.

Originally Posted by Rescuer

GET OUT OF sRGB!!!! sRGB = ****ty RGB....Adobe 1998 is a MUCH wider color space.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by JZ oo7
if you're shooting raw, you can use adobe camera raw to create the vignetting.
adobe camera raw?
Old 02-12-2008, 09:49 PM
VIP Member

It's a RAW converting program, because technically, RAW files are not files at all, but raw data, IE 1's and 0's. So you need a RAW converter to interpret the information. Adobe Camera Raw comes with CS2, and I would imagine CS3 as well, but there are others out there. It is a good idea to do as much of your edititing in the raw converter as you can because when you change things here, you do not throw away any pixel data, and again, with digital it is ALL about how much info you can keep in the image. Making changes in Photoshop uses existing pixel data to apply the adjustments and therefore deteriorates the image quality.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:56 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by EndlessWaltz RS
It's a RAW converting program, because technically, RAW files are not files at all, but raw data, IE 1's and 0's. So you need a RAW converter to interpret the information. Adobe Camera Raw comes with CS2, and I would imagine CS3 as well, but there are others out there. It is a good idea to do as much of your edititing in the raw converter as you can because when you change things here, you do not throw away any pixel data, and again, with digital it is ALL about how much info you can keep in the image. Making changes in Photoshop uses existing pixel data to apply the adjustments and therefore deteriorates the image quality.
oh, ok. I've just been using the RAW converter that came with my camera
Old 02-12-2008, 09:56 PM
VIP Member

I should add that for web use, heavy photoshopping is generally alright but you still need to be careful and as a rule of thumb, I would say do as little as you can possibly get away with. If you intend on printing your images, you NEED to be mindful of these things because every time you transfer the file info from medium to medium (camera to computer, computer to printer) you lose info. It has to do with the abilities of the involved mediums to retain color info, and with each step down from the camera, the color space gets smaller and smaller. The sensors in most DSLRs now are capable of capturing many more colors than your computer monitor can reproduce, and following suit, printers can reproduce even less than a good monitor. With that being said, it is only a matter of time before the latter two catch up, but then again, when that finally happens, the digital sensors in cameras will be redonkulously good if things keep progressing as they are now.

This is extremely discouraging to a lot of my friends at the Academy of Art, and for this exact reason, most will say they hate digital.

But this shouldn't turn you off from the idea of being able to make good digital prints. Epson's Ultrachrome inks are very good and they keep getting better. My Epson Stylus Pro 3800 has 9 different ink cartriges with 4 being different blacks....Matte, Photo, Light black, and Light Light black. The reason being it is difficult for digital printers to recreate all the subtle tones and gradations that film is so loved for.

Point is the technology is getting there.

Last edited by EndlessWaltz RS; 02-12-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:06 PM

Car Info: 94 rx7
I should add that for web use, heavy photoshopping is generally alright but you still need to be careful and as a rule of thumb, I would say do as little as you can possibly get away with. If you intend on printing your images, you NEED to be mindful of these things because every time you transfer the file info from medium to medium (camera to computer, computer to printer) you lose info. It has to do with the abilities of the involved mediums to retain color info, and with each step down from the camera, the color space gets smaller and smaller. The sensors in most DSLRs now are capable of capturing many more colors than your computer monitor can reproduce, and following suit, printers can reproduce even less than a good monitor. With that being said, it is only a matter of time before the latter two catch up, but then again, when that finally happens, the digital sensors in cameras will be redonkulously good if things keep progressing as they are now.

This is extremely discouraging to a lot of my friends at the Academy of Art, and for this exact reason, most will say they hate digital.

But this shouldn't turn you off from the idea of being able to make good digital prints. Epson's Ultrachrome inks are very good and they keep getting better. My Epson Stylus Pro 3800 has 9 different ink cartriges with 4 being different blacks....Matte, Photo, Light black, and Light Light black. The reason being it is difficult for digital printers to recreate all the subtle tones and gradations that film is so loved for.

Point is the technology is getting there.

Sooooo true, I've printed some of mine out on some nice xerox printers at work, and I've been like oh, well I guess that's ok...

and earlyapex, Those pictures are stunning!
Old 02-12-2008, 10:32 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
oh, ok. I've just been using the RAW converter that came with my camera
You should be fine, I could be wrong here but to my knowledge the only difference between the various raw converters would be the features they come with.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:39 PM
VIP Member

You should be fine, I could be wrong here but to my knowledge the only difference between the various raw converters would be the features they come with.
mine lacks the feature to do vignettes. I should probably get a newer version of PS though, CS is pretty old school
Old 02-12-2008, 10:43 PM

Car Info: Porsche 911 GT3
Originally Posted by Rescuer

good try, i highly doubt that. ISO 200 will not bring the speed dowon to .6 even at F22 unless using a filter.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bay Area Photographers