Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

1986 Subaru Leone STi TURBO

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 05:42 PM

Car Info: 1986 Subaru Leone STi TURBO
Originally Posted by sigma pi
No I dont leave my house haha
lol i cant wait till winter is over so we can go have fun again !

Originally Posted by 22B05STI
Ok Nico, I need the number for the cooler and adaptor :-)

no number on it but i have spares that i have to sell nick if you need one

Originally Posted by sigma pi
It looks expensive!
not that bad in price 450 complete for a proper part that works on all subaru motors and headers, i like to think of it as cant beat oem products made right.

Originally Posted by Tren Hard
I know seriously. Any way you could tell us a figure of what you've spent on this project so far? So badass....
what i spent i really dont know but if i had to sell it 40-50g new STi price tag with a fully spare built long block ej22t and jdm heads + all the spare parts i got kicking around for it in just in case stuff happens times.

Originally Posted by Tren Hard
And how do you know so much about mechanics? Did you go to school for it?
my dad is a mechanic from italy then england to canada lol. he works on all that expensive stuff ferrari lambo porsche maserati fiat alfa very very old ones and new ones, i learn at home from him everything by hand made by hand lol

Originally Posted by Heedz
by eating clen
LOL

very excited about this radiator ! its a brand spanking new OEM Subaru 1988 Subaru XT6 2.7L H6 Radiator, its 2 core and also has the proper port size for inlet also outlet as a new EJ motors use.

it's also a perfect match to my EA82T turbo radiator, same size same width same cap location same mount points and also XT6 rad hoses to complete the job.

I wish I new all this from the start of the build, but it sure is going to be sweet next summer on the race track to do more laps in the heat, also the spal fans will bolt up in the same position as the gl-10 turbo mt rad. with the bigger radiator and my oil cooler this should complement the motor very well now.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/100808221@N06/11075593846
http://www.flickr.com/photos/100808221@N06/11075595866
http://www.flickr.com/photos/100808221@N06/11075506185

and my new trunk seal which took a long time maybe it was made for me in japan but it came in also oem subaru for that perfect fit, i had a small rip in mine that i didnt like.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/100808221@N06/11075673443
Old 01-02-2014, 12:22 PM

I been slacking on my updates, but most my parts are in for the spare EJ22T motor. i decide to get all new case bolts washers caps pretty much everything lol.

also got a new weather stripping for the hood, the original one had a small tear in it.

also picked up the original stickers for my rear doors, i have turbo on the door from factory but my car was a FWD not AWD... so i have to give it the subaru justice of the AWD.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:28 PM

and here we have 2 EJ22T blocks out of 9 cleaned and ready for the shelf for when the time comes, lets hope no more broken motors for 2014 season..

Old 01-03-2014, 09:06 PM

here is the spare EJ22T ill be using and its V9 JDM heads rods pistons all on a wheelie cart lol... this motor will get all the new plugs and JDM oil cooler.

Old 01-08-2014, 05:39 AM

here is my water pump set up, this pump is for a non turbo Subaru "1990 Subaru Legacy 2.2L NA". There is a couple things special to this water pump which works perfect in my build. The black pipe is coolant heater core pipe single, and the hose adapter is H6 ez30

little back ground on the design

The EJ257 and EJ255 engines are using a low cost stamped impeller water pump that is inferior to this JDM spec closed back cast impeller water pump. The stamped impeller pump is less efficient and more susceptable to cavitation. We suggest installing a closed-impeller pump on any performance or motorsport Subaru engine build

so besides the cast impeller, the inlet port is huge which should help a bit more with coolant flow. on a turbo water pump there is 3 nipple ports... 1 oil cooler... 2 swirl pot... 3 heater core... now because I'm not using a swirl pot and have a rad cap on the rad I can delete that nipple port & the pipe all together.

also my oil cooler has no coolant going into it any more so that port can be deleted also, because of the use of the JDM spec-C S204 adapter.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:37 PM

is it summer yet ??

Old 02-13-2014, 03:57 AM

my new momo prototipo steering wheel, its got that old vintage look

more boost with race fuel and a tune fore some real power.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:01 PM

got lots of parts coming in for my toy very excited to fix the little problems and add some new updated bits to make this car more fun a race track this year.

I found a nice GL-10 Turbo cross member from the local scrap yards had it sand blasted and powder coated black for that long lasting effect. also did the USMB washer weld on trick to re locate the control arms a bit further out so I wont have rubbing binding problems any more with the XT6 control arms.

here you can see the old hole with new hole

my spare Bosch 044 came in (might use this for my other build going on will see) and my arp head studs 625+ for the spare motor, still waiting for the new subaru crankshaft to come in from subaru japan to build the block which wont be much longer.

Old 03-17-2014, 10:36 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by Nico Leone
here you can see the old hole with new hole

Interesting that it has the swaybar mount built in.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by 04GG
Interesting that it has the swaybar mount built in.
no they are just sitting there they come off like all new subarus.

So I been collecting parts for my car now do to everything being Super RARE or no longer available (NLA) from Subaru any more.

just in case I bend something or I need to replace something, some of the stuff is still getting sand blasted and powder coated.

front control arms bushings XT6 only white line # W51458. you must melt out the XT6 bushing and re use the shell for this to work.

top corner in Pic is bushing and shell

there rear mustache bar on the older Subaru's also have a bushing that can be replaced with a white line part number # W91379. this part fits on all new Subaru's T bar holding the diff up. to make this bushing work you must burn out your old metal shell that the bolt goes into, then drill out the white line bushing to the same size as the bolt shell.

pic bushings is in center XT6 control arms you can see them.

there will be more bushing's coming to firm up the ride on my car, I need to measure them still and cross fit from a newer Subaru once all stuff comes in.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:55 AM

today my Nolathane bushings came in for my Subaru XT6 control arms, for people that never heard of Nolathane, there the owner of Whiteline which is more popular in north america then in Australia but the boys down under know all this all ready lol.

Now I'm waiting for my other bushings from SuperPRO which should cover the rest of my underside bushings and give me that firm more responsive ride around the race track this year.

Nolathane # 46200
direct swap made with the shell

Old 03-26-2014, 08:50 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2000 Legacy GT, 2000 Echo 1989 Camry All-Trac
Lolz... I was looking at this at work, and one of my coworkers came over and said he had a Leone back in the day. Said his at least was pretty slow though.

Then I showed him what was under your hood...

He just sighed and left
Old 03-26-2014, 09:50 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
no they are just sitting there they come off like all new subarus.
Not the clamps, the actual mount itself. In the pic it appears to be welded on and part of that sub frame.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:36 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX
Hands down, most dedicated subaru owner on the planet. Bravo my friend, bravo. She's absolutely gorgeous!!!
Old 03-27-2014, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by de_engineered
Lolz... I was looking at this at work, and one of my coworkers came over and said he had a Leone back in the day. Said his at least was pretty slow though.

Then I showed him what was under your hood...

He just sighed and left

lol

Originally Posted by 04GG
Not the clamps, the actual mount itself. In the pic it appears to be welded on and part of that sub frame.
gotcha yes those are weld on

Originally Posted by Bkr4lf01
Hands down, most dedicated subaru owner on the planet. Bravo my friend, bravo. She's absolutely gorgeous!!!
thank you.. I fell in love with the brand way back ever since that first subaru it was full steam head.

I got my 2015 Subaru Impreza STi shift ****, looks good in red match my horn button now.

Quick Reply: 1986 Subaru Leone STi TURBO