NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

FS: 2004 WRX w/Dead Motor, EJ255 Short Block, VF37 Twinscroll Setup

Old 02-05-2016, 04:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2000 Legacy GT, 2000 Echo 1989 Camry All-Trac
FS: 2004 WRX w/Dead Motor, EJ255 Short Block, VF37 Twinscroll Setup

Not getting out of the game, just putting it on pause for now.

For Sale: 2004 WRX with a Hydrolocked Motor!

(Just say no to cold air intakes kids!)

Car has about 145k miles, mostly suspension mods by way of poly bushings, pretty stock otherwise. Check my build thread for more details/history. Has been sitting about a year, don't want it sitting any longer as I can't park it where I moved to. I'm not going to have the time or funds to give it the attention it needs.

I also have a bevy of parts that I am selling separately, including an EJ255 short block, VF37 JDM STi turbo (with full header, up pipe, down pipe, gaskets, brackets, some ancillary). It's almost as if you could also get these bits towards a rebuild, hmm...

Inquire within.

NO TRADES!

$3500 firm for the car as it stands. It's under loan, I owe $3400 on it, can show you my statements, and we can go down to the bank (located in Sunnyvale) to do the transaction.

$400 EJ255 Short Block: Sealed case, no heads, no accessories, no oil pan. Removed by Mert at RBMS, said it could last another 100k.

$1300 VF37 Turbo Setup: Off a JDM v8 STi. Includes what I mentioned above. Will need a JDM exhaust, or a 4" spacer to run a USDM length exhaust. I work at a shop and can help you there if need be. You also will need a 2.5L oil pan, if you don't already, to accommodate the header. This is the FS thread for it here on i-Crub. All that stuff? That's included. No pan or STi injectors though, but I have some DW 850s sold seperately, and the pan is on my rex.

And lots of other fun stuff, but these are the biggies for now.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:02 PM

Car Info: Too many subarus
Originally Posted by de_engineered
Not getting out of the game, just putting it on pause for now.

For Sale: 2004 WRX with a Hydrolocked Motor!

(Just say no to cold air intakes kids!)

Car has about 145k miles, mostly suspension mods by way of poly bushings, pretty stock otherwise. Check my build thread for more details/history. Has been sitting about a year, don't want it sitting any longer as I can't park it where I moved to. I'm not going to have the time or funds to give it the attention it needs.

I also have a bevy of parts that I am selling separately, including an EJ255 short block, VF37 JDM STi turbo (with full header, up pipe, down pipe, gaskets, brackets, some ancillary). It's almost as if you could also get these bits towards a rebuild, hmm...

Inquire within.

NO TRADES!

$3500 firm for the car as it stands. It's under loan, I owe $3400 on it, can show you my statements, and we can go down to the bank (located in Sunnyvale) to do the transaction.

$400 EJ255 Short Block: Sealed case, no heads, no accessories, no oil pan. Removed by Mert at RBMS, said it could last another 100k.

$1300 VF37 Turbo Setup: Off a JDM v8 STi. Includes what I mentioned above. Will need a JDM exhaust, or a 4" spacer to run a USDM length exhaust. I work at a shop and can help you there if need be. You also will need a 2.5L oil pan, if you don't already, to accommodate the header. This is the FS thread for it here on i-Crub. All that stuff? That's included. No pan or STi injectors though, but I have some DW 850s sold seperately, and the pan is on my rex.

And lots of other fun stuff, but these are the biggies for now.
Wtf man. Do you need help putting this together? You have a shortblock.... thicker headgakset on that thing to lower comp. sandwich between your heads. Done...

Last edited by H_wells3000; 02-05-2016 at 08:22 PM.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:29 PM

Car Info: 05 STI
Pmd!
Old 02-09-2016, 02:04 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by H_wells3000
Wtf man. Do you need help putting this together? You have a shortblock.... thicker headgakset on that thing to lower comp. sandwich between your heads. Done...
It'll work, but less than ideal. And that option with valve job etc., was something like $1200+ (I know, I called EQ). Dropping in a JDM 205 may be a cheaper and quicker option, that is just for a running car.

I'd rather do it right though. Lately I've been getting a bunch of interviews and prospects, and pending that big cash flow bottleneck getting worked around, I could do so much more with it. And I'm not even talking insane build status, just a reliable, fun daily that I could see lasting another ten or more (sheet, at least five even). Ideally, a ground up rebuilt 257 with ACVS run by a piggyback, somewhat more practically, using the 255 as is with refreshed 257 heads, and again a controller for that hot VTECaru action. And dat VF37 doe. Something gray-area smogable.

My big ish now is having the car on the street, at my *previous* residence, having to push it off the street and babysit it on monthly street sweeping days so I don't get ticketed or towed (had that happen once already with my other dead car - $$$$). That other car is also still there, and I'm trying to move that too, or get a motor in there first, or I don't know.

Better job = store it, pay it off, work on it (if it comes to that I'd be more than glad to have your help Harry), drive it, happy fun times. All that times two cars. As it stands, I'm scrambling for options that won't cost me.

Got an offer from the shop I usually take it to. Wouldn't cover the loan in full but get me pretty far, and least it could be stored there til I pay it off. Grahhh.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:27 PM

Car Info: Too many subarus
Originally Posted by de_engineered

It'll work, but less than ideal. And that option with valve job etc., was something like $1200+ (I know, I called EQ). Dropping in a JDM 205 may be a cheaper and quicker option, that is just for a running car.

I'd rather do it right though. Lately I've been getting a bunch of interviews and prospects, and pending that big cash flow bottleneck getting worked around, I could do so much more with it. And I'm not even talking insane build status, just a reliable, fun daily that I could see lasting another ten or more (sheet, at least five even). Ideally, a ground up rebuilt 257 with ACVS run by a piggyback, somewhat more practically, using the 255 as is with refreshed 257 heads, and again a controller for that hot VTECaru action. And dat VF37 doe. Something gray-area smogable.

My big ish now is having the car on the street, at my *previous* residence, having to push it off the street and babysit it on monthly street sweeping days so I don't get ticketed or towed (had that happen once already with my other dead car - $$$$). That other car is also still there, and I'm trying to move that too, or get a motor in there first, or I don't know.

Better job = store it, pay it off, work on it (if it comes to that I'd be more than glad to have your help Harry), drive it, happy fun times. All that times two cars. As it stands, I'm scrambling for options that won't cost me.

Got an offer from the shop I usually take it to. Wouldn't cover the loan in full but get me pretty far, and least it could be stored there til I pay it off. Grahhh.
If it ain't broke don't fix it. Your car ran fine before, the valves are probably just fine.

Avcs is not worth the s*** show. Wish I didn't pursue it, I have nearly 2k spent chasing that crap and I'm still not done.

You could use your 257 heads if you insist, run wrx cam gears and cams. Run with that.

Storage seems to be your main setback.
Let me think..
Old 02-09-2016, 05:59 PM

Car Info: 05 STI
If you do decide to sell let me know, have the full offer. If not good luck! Hope all goes well.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:03 PM
VIP Member

Car and block pending...
Old 02-17-2016, 09:49 AM
VIP Member

Car and block sold. Turbo rig still available.
Old 06-04-2016, 10:11 AM
VIP Member

I've another 'main' FS thread on the turbo setup, just wanted to close all loose ends - the turbo et al has been sold. Thanks for the interest all. If you really want one, they show up on eBay all the time.