NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

2L Monster ripped me off $300

Old 02-28-2015, 02:53 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
It is nearly impossible to tell if a wheel is slightly bent with it off the car unless you have the wheels put on balancer to check for out of roundness.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:52 PM
Overbear's Power Bottom

Originally Posted by xhengmanx
It is nearly impossible to tell if a wheel is slightly bent with it off the car unless you have the wheels put on balancer to check for out of roundness.
agreed. And I like what mike said. We should all quit acting'a'foo and just drive subarus like if we were friends...
Old 02-28-2015, 09:22 PM

Car Info: Too many subarus
Originally Posted by Baliztik
I made a thread about that. Scoobywax buys things and sells them straight for profit. No one chastised him for it. People even agreed with him. Guy who got LOLFUNCTIONS hood for free, sold it on craigslist. I brought it up. People said first come first serve. I got the downpipe off craigslist. And I sold it for a fair price. I don't care if people agree with me. Or if any of you people disapprove of me. Reason being I don't know you. You don't know me. The people I actually know on this forum and actually deal with know me as a stand up guy. That's all that matters.
That was me. Lol Look at you pointing fingers.

I got off my *** helped him get it out of his parents garage, peeled the wrap off and buffed it and made my 200 bucks after selling it to a non member with a busted up sti. Everyone wins.

Btw was not lolfunctions hood.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:00 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Heedz
Says the guy who tries to make a **** ton of money off of Joe's stuff
Ouch...
Old 02-28-2015, 10:12 PM
General Pimpin'

Just read that part about joe getting hustled by his installer. That crap happened to me too. Dude installed speakers that were smaller than what I paid for an 1 or 2 steps down in the line. I caught him because my window got stuck and I popped the panel to find out why. Brought it back to get it fixed and told them to put the right damned speakers in. In the parking lot when I picked it up I popped the panel again... right size.... still 1 or 2 steps down in the line. I flipped my damned lid.

Walked up to a couple people pricing out very high dollar systems... lets just say they walked out. Then I walked up to the shelf and took a few things... looked at the owner and said... I'm taking this... **** off.

Hate that crap. Nearly every stereo shop I've dealt with has been shady as hell. I don't trust any of them.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Just read that part about joe getting hustled by his installer. That crap happened to me too. Dude installed speakers that were smaller than what I paid for an 1 or 2 steps down in the line. I caught him because my window got stuck and I popped the panel to find out why. Brought it back to get it fixed and told them to put the right damned speakers in. In the parking lot when I picked it up I popped the panel again... right size.... still 1 or 2 steps down in the line. I flipped my damned lid.

Walked up to a couple people pricing out very high dollar systems... lets just say they walked out. Then I walked up to the shelf and took a few things... looked at the owner and said... I'm taking this... **** off.

Hate that crap. Nearly every stereo shop I've dealt with has been shady as hell. I don't trust any of them.
That's some shady **** right there
Old 02-28-2015, 10:31 PM
moist amateur

Car Info: 2k4 WRB/WRX
First time seeing this thread, f**king awesome! Wish there was a "tag" feature so someone could have tagged me...

I didn't sell you (tren hard) ****ty tires to begin with. I had the tires dismounted with approximately 1,500 miles on them and no issues to begin with! They were still practically brand new with no signs of any cracks, slits or dry rot. If I didn't upgrade to bigger tires, I would have gladly kept using them.

And lets be honest to the community here, "bro"....you met up with my buddy to get the tires at 5pm, not 8pm. If I remember correctly, it's still light out around that time. Also, I offered to give your money back when I returned from my deployment but you just couldn't wait. I wanted to meet you myself and see how YOU jacked up the tires when having them mounted.

I'm well known here in the NorCal community and everyone knows I wouldn't sell damaged products. I have a 30+ positive rating on NASIOC, which includes selling Turbos, wheels, headlights, exterior parts, tires, and other go fast parts. For anyone wanting to see my rating, feel free to look me up....2.5L Monster

Don't make me out to be the bad guy when YOU had the tires mounted improperly...do yourself a favor and go have another dose of "epi" and get off your high horse

Last edited by 2L Monster; 02-28-2015 at 10:46 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:57 PM

Car Info: WRX
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Ouch...
Lol. One last thing. When you buy everything at once it's usually cheaper. I bought everything. So pricing it individually, the pieces would be more expensive.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:07 PM
General Pimpin'

I'd have to agree with that.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:37 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Okay so I'm an idiot for having a different viewpoint than you. Nice. Way to throw out insults. I already posted a poll on this where you chipped in.

https://www.i-club.com/forums/random...-right-255878/

There are people that don't agree with you. In my opinion I should be able to go back to the seller. ESPECIALLY in a forum setting. Maybe not craigslist. But I believe forums hold more honor than craigslist.

No one is saying I ripped off Joe? tw34kz literally said I tried to rip him off...

To your other point high profile parts are different then parts no one cares about. So a double standard exists. That's cool. Good to know.
I said the same thing in that thread that I am saying now.

Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
As a buyer, I assume that all sales are final. Really, I'm at the mercy of the seller.
There's no double standard. People pay attention to high profile parts. Parts that come off of a widely known show car or are not common would qualify as high profile.

What you don't get is that I paid $600+ for a 4 channel amp install, 4 speakers, mono channel amp, and sub wiring. So forgive me if I don't want that to go to waste. I would have just kept the stock audio if I didn't have the chance to get high end Focals for a great deal.
Install that **** yourself. In a community where most of the people can install parts themselves and are willing to help others, you can't quantify installation fees. If you can't handle installation, and you feel like you have to pay someone to do it for you, that's a tax you choose to pay.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:36 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by Tren Hard
agreed. And I like what mike said. We should all quit acting'a'foo and just drive subarus like if we were friends...
who the hell is mike. The ****** ain't here.
Old 03-01-2015, 04:30 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5rs
What a community this is!

bunch of hypocrites in here as well....

Unless it is a friend that gave away something for free then pay it forward.

Nasioc isn't looking so bad from here atm.

Last edited by MonsterGC; 03-01-2015 at 04:36 AM.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:05 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by 2L Monster
I have a 30+ positive rating on NASIOC
a 30+ positive rating on NASIOC
positive rating on NASIOC
NASIOC
I do believe I see the problem here.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:07 AM

I said the same thing in that thread that I am saying now.

There's no double standard. People pay attention to high profile parts. Parts that come off of a widely known show car or are not common would qualify as high profile.

Install that **** yourself. In a community where most of the people can install parts themselves and are willing to help others, you can't quantify installation fees. If you can't handle installation, and you feel like you have to pay someone to do it for you, that's a tax you choose to pay.
Alright. We'll agree to disagree, on what seems like multiple accounts. That's where I'm going to leave it with you. You also chose not to address or acknowledge many of the points I brought up. I could continue disputing with you but I'm choosing not to especially when you're not addressing my rebuttals.

By the way I'm just going to leave this here

But that's the situation. You bought some wheels and they're bent. You have two options. You repair them or you sell them to someone else. You don't go back to the guy you bought them from.

I would try to inspect the item as much as possible before I buy it. If it's something that I can't check, I'd have to just trust the seller. If the item isn't what I want and I've already given the guy my money, I'd try to get in contact with them to work it out. If they don't want to budge, I'd just put the item back up for sale.

For example, I find a post for some springs. I meet up with the seller and check out the springs. They're springs. Unless they're marked, I have no idea if they're the right size, rate, or will even fit my car. But they look fine and I trust the seller. I give him the cash and we part ways. Later, I go to install the springs and they don't fit. PM the seller, tell them what's up, try to get my money back. If I get nothing back, I'll put the springs back up for sale and try to minimize my losses.

Last edited by Baliztik; 03-01-2015 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by tw34kz
After you bought my wheels you hit me up through text only (no phone conversation) maybe a month later saying my wheels were bent and your tire shop couldn't mount tires at all, you then also demanded that $200 for "repairs" since i sold you wheels for $300-350 that were supposedly bent by me when they were fine in my possession and there were no bends. Hmm... I never responded or stopped responding to you? I replied to you and told you that you checked and inspected the rims at my house... I gave you a fair deal and took account the blemishes and even advised for you to get new wheels but you wanted mine anyway. I do not feel I was accountable for that damage since you also had the wheels for a month but you didn't understand and kept demanding and thats why I stopped replying. I would've understood if you hit me up right away but there is a point at where it could go either way. I tried telling you but it looked like you were ripping me off of $200 for the "repairs" after hitting me up when you had the wheels in your possession for a while.
I was looking over the text messages one more time. Instead of editing my old posts and getting scrutinized for that I'm going to bring this up here. More things to add to the list of your exaggerations.

Picked up wheels 11/23, texted you about them 12/3.
It was ten days, not a month. My car was in sac (with the new tires I ordered) while I live in Berkeley. I think that qualifies as right away.

I did not demand money. I simply informed you about my situation.

Yes you did stop responding to me

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2L Monster ripped me off $300